• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Cowboys (too early edition)

Eight

the nephew played his arse off at corner today. he keeps that up he might earn his name and not the title of the nephew, but when your uncle is lt....come on

ceaser played better today, gave up the big pass for the td, but sanders had way, way too long to throw that ball. i guess cj just needed to change numbers , but the question then is where was vonger?

played solid on defense and the issues that popped up are the things we know are going to happen as wallow is going to run himself out of a few tackles in the run game, the ends will get caught out too wide, and stopping a crossing route is harder that doing a trig word problem written in sandscript

overall though a solid effort, tackled better, and there is potential for the future, but they must find a more consistent pass rush

offensively max is a weapon in the run game no doubt, he did he a few big passes, but he flat missed some wide open receivers for big plays in the passing game and these weren"t because of the line play. he reverted back to 2019 max,

don't understand the running back rotation, don't understand the play calling especially the insistence on the screen game in the first half, and don't understand how the offense can run 10 different versions of the fly sweep and at this point and time in the year with the gaps in schedule still don't have a clue how to feature two backs in the backfield

don't know what to say about the fumbles other than on a few why were offensive linemen standing around while the frog ball carrier was getting swarmed like something i have seen on a nature program. seriously was expecting sir david attenborough to start explaining how the horned frog was swarmed by a host of hostile predators

the line was solid, not great, but solid, and quention johnson is a beast

good win, there are signs of progress, but really frustrated when i think what could be with the offensive skill talent

Last edited:

OICU812

Trevon Moehrig such a stud. The play where he hit the qb running down the sideline was incredible. Cameras didn't show it completely, but he was shedding a block by a wr in the instant before he hit the qb and knocked him about 5 yards sideways. He gets in the right system he will be a star in the NFL.

How the darn we haven't been throwing 10x a game to QJ is ridiculous he showed us early in the year (think it was vs UT) he's unstoppable on those deep jump balls

Moose Stuff

the nephew played his arse off at corner today. he keeps that up he might earn his name and not the title of the nephew, but when your uncle is lt....come on

ceaser played better today, gave up the big pass for the td, but sanders had way, way too long to throw that ball. i guess cj just needed to change numbers , but the question then is where was vonger?

played solid on defense and the issues that popped up are the things we know are going to happen as wallow is going to run himself out of a few tackles in the run game, the ends will get caught out too wide, and stopping a crossing route is harder that doing a trig word problem written in sandscript

overall though a solid effort, tackled better, and there is potential for the future, but they must find a more consistent pass rush

offensively max is a weapon in the run game no doubt, he did he a few big passes, but he flat missed some wide open receivers for big plays in the passing game and these weren"t because of the line play. he reverted back to 2019 max,

don't understand the running back rotation, don't understand the play calling especially the insistence on the screen game in the first half, and don't understand how the offense can run 10 different versions of the fly sweep and at this point and time in the year with the gaps in schedule still don't have a clue how to feature two backs in the backfield

don't know what to say about the fumbles other than on a few why were offensive linemen standing around while the frog ball carrier was getting swarmed like something i have seen on a nature program. seriously was expecting sir david attenborough to start explaining how the horned frog was swarmed by a host of hostile predators

the line was solid, not great, but solid, and quention johnson is a beast

good win, there are signs of progress, but really frustrated when i think what could be with the offensive skill talent

Where has Vongor EVER been? As for the play calling, I would actually be very much OK with what we saw from the OC today.

Eight

Where has Vongor EVER been? As for the play calling, I would actually be very much OK with what we saw from the OC today.

no idea on atanza, gofrogs shows the last game he played was against baylor at the end of octorber, and he is still listed on the roster as #9

first half play calling was bad though max flat missed a few opportunities in the passing game.

looked to me they couldn't make up their mind how they wanted to attack the ok state defense as compared to the start of the second half when they had very definitive plan of attack. did find kill's presence on the sideline curious and can't recall him doing that in earlier games.

Eight

Wow. UT destroyed KSU (they have absolutely imploded) and Tech needed a late FG to beat KU. Matt Wells ain't the answer there.

was watching texas v ksu at the same time as tcu v ok state and ksu looked terrible on defense especially in the second half. they gave up 35 points to texas in the 3rd quarter.

Moose Stuff

no idea on atanza, gofrogs shows the last game he played was against baylor at the end of octorber, and he is still listed on the roster as #9

first half play calling was bad though max flat missed a few opportunities in the passing game.

looked to me they couldn't make up their mind how they wanted to attack the ok state defense as compared to the start of the second half when they had very definitive plan of attack. did find kill's presence on the sideline curious and can't recall him doing that in earlier games.

You're entitled to your opinion. The play calling for most of the game was really solid IMO. I honestly think the QB play has been a bigger issue than the play calling for most of the year.

I saw Kill on the sideline last week too.