• The KillerFrogs

2020 Baseball Season Thread

Pharm Frog

I guess I am old-school and don't keep up with the new metrics and new way to play the game, but I really really can't stand the amount of strike outs we incur. Is two-strike hitting that passe now? I assume the numbers make sense if you have the ability to hit for power that you keep attempting to hit for power, but I also assume that style doesn't work if you can't actually hit for power. Can anyone school me on the modern day math?

Shep HR with two strikes and it’s 1-0

PO Frog

I guess I am old-school and don't keep up with the new metrics and new way to play the game, but I really really can't stand the amount of strike outs we incur. Is two-strike hitting that passe now? I assume the numbers make sense if you have the ability to hit for power that you keep attempting to hit for power, but I also assume that style doesn't work if you can't actually hit for power. Can anyone school me on the modern day math?
And Shepherd goes deep as I hit "post reply." You're welcome.

Pharm Frog

Timely post

Eight

don't ask me as the math for choking up on two strikes and putting the ball in play seems like it would make more sense than ripping away in search of the perfect launch angle, but then again i am the guy who likes to see the ball go inside in basketball and not in the hands of a 25% shooter bombing away from 3 so i guess i am too damn old to understand

PO Frog

Also, if we are so modern-day on the metrics, why the hell are we ending the first two innings of a game on stolen base attempts? Or do we just half-ass the stats game?

PO Frog

My only thought is that this Minnesota staff has nothing left and we can experiment with some base running hijinx because we are expecting another dozen runs. Let's hope that pans out.