• The KillerFrogs

Low IQ team and it starts with Dixon

Pharm Frog

This team is poorly coached and poorly prepared. There are athletes on this team and they hustle. But man do they look lost at times.

How many basketball players are on this team? I rarely see a major difference in athleticism between teams that favors the Frogs so it appears that others have athletes as well.

CountryFrog

Just about all of these games come down to 3 point shooting. If one team makes 6 or 7 more 3's than the other then they're going to win about 90% of the time.

Baseball IQ goes way up when the shots are falling and we don't have enough consistent shooters right now. Games where we do shoot it well we usually win. That didn't happen tonight.

I'll blame Dixon for not getting enough good shooters on the team but not for lack of IQ. This is college basketball. Almost every game is sloppy and filled with mistakes because very few teams are loaded with guys who have a great understanding of basketball.

Flip Frog

I understand Bane sometimes disappears because he’s just not naturally aggressive. But that’s where the COACH runs plays to make the other players that should not be shooting FIND Bane. Or at least run the offense through him. Get him touches.

Baja Frog

Maybe if we actually had an offensive philosophy and ran plays, especially to get your best player the ball in a position to score? I don’t know call me crazy. And this motion offense we run sure doesn’t seem to have much motion. Lots of players just standing around in the corner. Texas was much more active on offense and had our defense on its heels.

Pharm Frog

I understand Bane sometimes disappears because he’s just not naturally aggressive. But that’s where the COACH runs plays to make the other players that should not be shooting FIND Bane. Or at least run the offense through him. Get him touches.

FWIW — Bane got lots of touches but it was usually a long way away from any meaningful threat position and almost immediately passed the ball after he received a pass.

Wexahu

Just about all of these games come down to 3 point shooting. If one team makes 6 or 7 more 3's than the other then they're going to win about 90% of the time.

Baseball IQ goes way up when the shots are falling and we don't have enough consistent shooters right now. Games where we do shoot it well we usually win. That didn't happen tonight.

I'll blame Dixon for not getting enough good shooters on the team but not for lack of IQ. This is college basketball. Almost every game is sloppy and filled with mistakes because very few teams are loaded with guys who have a great understanding of basketball.

I don’t think anyone really learns how to play basketball anymore, at least the way it was played 20-30 years ago. The isolation stuff, constant ball screens and the 3-point line have made the game so ugly IMO. Just a bunch of really athletic kids running around playing street ball most of time.

I really think if they took the 3-point line away, or at least moved it back so far that it’d be a low percentage shot for almost anyone, the game would improve over time. And I know that will never happen. How many kids really know how to score beyond taking it one on one to the basket or shooting a 3?

Skip Jansen

I don’t think anyone really learns how to play basketball anymore, at least the way it was played 20-30 years ago. The isolation stuff, constant ball screens and the 3-point line have made the game so ugly IMO. Just a bunch of really athletic kids running around playing street ball most of time.

I really think if they took the 3-point line away, or at least moved it back so far that it’d be a low percentage shot for almost anyone, the game would improve over time. And I know that will never happen. How many kids really know how to score beyond taking it one on one to the basket or shooting a 3?

This post nails it so perfectly that you have lean to see the bullseye.

jake102

I love three point shooting for the record. Thought Curry and Klay were awesome

Froggy Style

I suspect this is why Jamie spent so much time on Australia, just didn’t play out so well.

Pharm Frog

Do away with the shot clock too. Watch the panic set in when a highly athletic team realizes that they are down by 4 and may not get another possession against a team that shoots 85% from the FT line. I would be amused.

Latest posts