• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

PO Frog

Curious what amount a change would satisfy you?..Are you talking a complete cleaning house on the offensive side? If so I can 100% tell you that won’t happen
I would love that but don’t expect it. That said, Morris does nothing for me in any role. If Sonny needs that much help, he needs to be fired. We execute poorly and have for years. At some point you have to look to the top. Gary isn’t firing himself, so SC is who I think needs to go.

CountryFrog

I will be extremely disappointed if the only change in the off-season is to bring in Morris as either an analyst or after canning SC as the OC. No offensive mastermind worth his salt puts the offense out there that Arkansas did this year whether he was calling plays or not.
He may suck as a HC but he's got a proven track record as a recruiter and OC. Bringing him onto the staff would be a huge plus for the program.

Froggish

I would love that but don’t expect it. That said, Morris does nothing for me in any role. If Sonny needs that much help, he needs to be fired. We execute poorly and have for years. At some point you have to look to the top. Gary isn’t firing himself, so SC is who I think needs to go.

Opinions vary but in mine, Sonny needs that much help

Morris could come in as an analyst, a co-OC with Cumbie (which would help Cumbie's growth as a coordinator possibly HC one day - being taught by Leach, Kingsbury, Dykes, and Morris - Cumbie excels with a good OC partner), or just someone on staff...which would be great. I expect though for Morris to take a HC job at UTSA or UTEP.

asleep003

Would think helping to improve another P5 program is a better mark on the resume than doing a modest job in a G5 environment. Plus, if he were to help improve Frog fortunes, and stay for a while, he could in line for CGP's replacement. A very good place to prove his worth. Cumbie has that opportunity as well ... he does need some growth.

Froggish

Morris could come in as an analyst, a co-OC with Cumbie (which would help Cumbie's growth as a coordinator possibly HC one day - being taught by Leach, Kingsbury, Dykes, and Morris - Cumbie excels with a good OC partner), or just someone on staff...which would be great. I expect though for Morris to take a HC job at UTSA or UTEP.

Risky to take one of those jobs..Those are tough environments to win at and you could end up never getting another decent job offer. Join TCU and help turn the offense around and I would wager a decent P5 will be waiting on you.

asleep003

Risky to take one of those jobs..Those are tough environments to win at and you could end up never getting another decent job offer. Join TCU and help turn the offense around and I would wager a decent P5 will be waiting on you.
Agreed with you just 8 minutes before you posted this....