• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

Wexahu

I’m not even sure 2 stars exist anymore. Either way, that’s not a good way to go about building and sustaining a winning program.

Seems like 3 star is the minimum ranking. Kinda shows how ridiculous the system is. I think any kid getting recruited by multiple P5 programs is probably given 3 stars sight unseen.

Moose Stuff

Seems like 3 star is the minimum ranking. Kinda shows how ridiculous the system is. I think any kid getting recruited by multiple P5 programs is probably given 3 stars sight unseen.
I generally don’t look at the stars as much as I do the number rating each player is given.

Wexahu

I generally don’t look at the stars as much as I do the number rating each player is given.

It’s obviously impossible to accurately rank every kid but the biggest flaw I see in the system is that the pool of 3 star kids is too large. No reason why they shouldn’t have 1 star and 2 stars but I guess they don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.

Moose Stuff

It’s obviously impossible to accurately rank every kid but the biggest flaw I see in the system is that the pool of 3 star kids is too large. No reason why they shouldn’t have 1 star and 2 stars but I guess they don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.

It also helps keep subscriptions up IMO. You tell people what they want to hear and they keep sending you money.

Feel like that guys been around for 10 years now.
It would be pretty strange for him to have been in the same recruiting class as Reagor, end up playing for TCU, and never be on the same team except as a redshirt. Like you said later, the coaches must think there is something there if they recruited him out of HS, recruited him out of JC last year and are going to do it again this year.

Froggish

This program can’t afford to turn any WRs down at this point.

He must have shown something while he was here to continue messing with him.

Isn’t there some weird eligibility incentive for him coming back to TCU? Like he has 3 years to play if he comes here but only 2 if he goes else where?

Froggish

Going hard after 2 JUCO WRs tells you all you need to know about the state of this WR group.. It also is a real indication of what we all knew to be true... Reagor gone

Moose Stuff

Going hard after 2 JUCO WRs tells you all you need to know about the state of this WR group.. It also is a real indication of what we all knew to be true... Reagor gone

I’m not sure we’re “going hard” after him. I’m not even sure he has an offer TBH.

Last edited: