• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Cyclones (Game Moved to 1PM)

Pharm Frog

Our secondary in my opinion has played pretty well. The problem is our defensive line has no pass rush. Hard to cover when the QB has no fear of getting sacked.

Wallow has played as well as you can expect.

DTs are doing their job and taking up blockers with double teams.

Ultimately its up to the defensive ends to make plays and they aren't

DEs arent good right now but a very close weakness is the other LB position. Constantly out of position and lost. Now the starter there is hurt and he was the one getting picked on.

netty2424

Post game crew running out of stats to regurgitate. Seems like GP is slow to get to the media. Hope a Meach-like picture of GP in the stairwell doesn’t surface.

Froggish

GP has done so much for TCU football and the school in general that watching him get out coached and losing his composure on the sidelines is brutally hard to watch.

You can overstate the depths at which GP pulled us from and how much respect is owed to him for it. The issues really is how long respect should grant you performance passes...I don’t know...Maybe he should be able to coach forever if he wants. I really could live with that. What I can’t live with is nobody admitting that his best days are behind him and that we are program on the decent.

I hope he isn’t the last guy to realize it

Mean Purple

Patterson saying no excuse. cant be happy with defense giving g up 49. ISU only ran 60+ plays.
Staff and players and players have a lot to work on.

Mean Purple

GP has done so much for TCU football and the school in general that watching him get out coached and losing his composure on the sidelines is brutally hard to watch.

You can overstate the depths at which GP pulled us from and how much respect is owed to him for it. The issues really is how long respect should grant you performance passes...I don’t know...Maybe he should be able to coach forever if he wants. I really could live with that. What I can’t live with is nobody admitting that his best days are behind him and that we are program on the decent.

He could bring Meach back next year and turn it around. But he should not get to coach forever like this. This is not an FCS or Group 5 team. This is a program that is supposed to compete.

Mean Purple

And yes, his sideline composure is getting to be just bad. No way Sonny stays for that, or he has his headset up and just ignores him.

frogs9497

I find it extremely annoying to see BU just a couple of years removed from a 1-win season on their way now to being 5-0. Meanwhile, we should have been building momentum for this program and making meaningful progress each year. Has anyone found the chip yet?

Moose Stuff

I don’t think they’ve quit on him as much as he’s can’t motivate them. I don’t particularly think the coach across the field today is a better x and o guy then GP but his players sure as hell respond to his motivation.

Sometimes [ Finebaum ] just gets stale. I watched it happen to Wayne Graham at Rice. I don’t know if that’s happening to us but I’ve seen things this year (and to some extent last year) that I can’t recall in the previous 20.