• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
My wife and I took my daughter, who just turned 2, to her first Astros game yesterday. When we got there, we started walking into the game from the parking lot and the skies opened up. I was carrying Ruby and we sprinted the full quarter mile or so to the stadium. She belly-laughed the entire run, and by the time we got to the ballpark we were absolutely drenched.

FdMASuC.jpg

All worth it though, she loved it.

HcH8gwJ.jpg

So good to see Ruby again, Ron. She's beautiful.
Go Astros! (Except against the Yankees.) ;)

Purp

There is a whole controversy about whether it is worth it to run in the rain. Some say that you get more wet if you run than if you just walk. Has anybody else heard this controversy? It seems like they may have actually studied it to see if it is valid, but I don't recall.
I've thought about this before. Running in the rain inevitably gets your shoes and pant legs wetter if you catch a puddle and that, for me, is worse than a wet shirt b/c it takes longer to dry. So now the only time I'll run in the rain is if it's raining sideways or it literally just started and I don't have to worry with puddles formed on the ground.

In the Army umbrellas were unauthorized and we seldom had wet weather gear on when it was raining b/c it was so damned hot under it I'd rather get hit with cold rain than drenched with hot sweat (unless it was cold outside). I've grown accustomed to getting a little wet in the rain as a result so it doesn't bother me to take my time getting inside

I've thought about this before. Running in the rain inevitably gets your shoes and pant legs wetter if you catch a puddle and that, for me, is worse than a wet shirt b/c it takes longer to dry. So now the only time I'll run in the rain is if it's raining sideways or it literally just started and I don't have to worry with puddles formed on the ground.

In the Army umbrellas were unauthorized and we seldom had wet weather gear on when it was raining b/c it was so damned hot under it I'd rather get hit with cold rain than drenched with hot sweat (unless it was cold outside). I've grown accustomed to getting a little wet in the rain as a result so it doesn't bother me to take my time getting inside
In the air force we used umbrellas, or really just didn’t go outside (or fly) if it was raining.

#soft

Horny 4 Life

Haha. I wish. My wife made me start going to the Dr for blood work/checkups when I turned 35 (I'm 36 and stubborn). Well, apparently I checked out to be healthy as a horse, other than the blockage on the "widowmaker" artery that we never discovered. Did a bunch of work on a house with my brother on Sunday, picked up the fam and mentioned I had some chest pain, so I was going to run into Albertson's Westcliff and get some Aspirin (my wife text me while I was in there, saying she didn't want to say it in front of the kids, but she thought I should go to the Dr... I never got that text.) Passed smooth out in Albertson's, and a mutual friend/Tanglewood Dad pretty much saved my life by starting CPR and getting the Fire Department over there in a hurry. Been a long, tough week, but I've been amazed by the support of our family and friends. Incredible showing by so many out there, and feel blessed to be leaving this joint today!

Damn Riggs! I'm glad to hear that you are on the mend. That's some scary stuff!