• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

HFrog1999

Frankly, I think a lot of NFL players play too long. I understand they get paid a lot, and probably spend too much. However, they’d probably be better off if they planned on only playing 4-6 years at the most.

kaiser soze

Frankly, I think a lot of NFL players play too long. I understand they get paid a lot, and probably spend too much. However, they’d probably be better off if they planned on only playing 4-6 years at the most.
I read a story on doctson a few months ago that made me wonder if he's arrived at that decision.

Got my money. Now on to next phase of life.

Ron Swanson

My wife and I took my daughter, who just turned 2, to her first Astros game yesterday. When we got there, we started walking into the game from the parking lot and the skies opened up. I was carrying Ruby and we sprinted the full quarter mile or so to the stadium. She belly-laughed the entire run, and by the time we got to the ballpark we were absolutely drenched.

FdMASuC.jpg

All worth it though, she loved it.

HcH8gwJ.jpg

tcudoc

There is a whole controversy about whether it is worth it to run in the rain. Some say that you get more wet if you run than if you just walk. Has anybody else heard this controversy? It seems like they may have actually studied it to see if it is valid, but I don't recall.

tcudoc

My wife and I took my daughter, who just turned 2, to her first Astros game yesterday. When we got there, we started walking into the game from the parking lot and the skies opened up. I was carrying Ruby and we sprinted the full quarter mile or so to the stadium. She belly-laughed the entire run, and by the time we got to the ballpark we were absolutely drenched.

FdMASuC.jpg

HcH8gwJ.jpg
Cute kid. Looks like she had fun.

Ron Swanson

There is a whole controversy about whether it is worth it to run in the rain. Some say that you get more wet if you run than if you just walk. Has anybody else heard this controversy? It seems like they may have actually studied it to see if it is valid, but I don't recall.
Ha, I remember being told that when I was a kid, and I believed it for a long time. Over the years I’ve assumed it was horseship, just an old wives tale people are told and they believe it because people like believing zany stuff.

But it’s funny you mention it because that actually ran through my mind while I was getting soaked on my run yesterday.

Double V

Yeah, Myth Busters tested it, but I do t remember the results. Basically, if you run, more of your body gets wet (front of shirt, legs, etc.). If you walk, it's more time in the rain, but just on your head/shoulders.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
So I spent too much time on this already today. Thanks, doc.

My take is that the less time you are in the rain the less wet you get. Run fast and get out of it.

For a superior athlete like me, I just run between the rain drops and stay dry. But I understand everyone isn’t as agile as I am.

netty2424

FdMASuC.jpg

HcH8gwJ.jpg
Cute kiddo Ron. Those belly laughs can put life in perspective really quickly. They are the best.

Latest posts