• The KillerFrogs

Fall camp thread

McFroggin

I'm wondering if the "real" starting QB, i.e. the guy who we want to take the most snaps against Purdue, is going to be not named starter tomorrow.

That wouldn’t be smart. Whoever our starter is, they’ll need all the experience they can get. SRob played 3Q’s of the blow-out last year, and it wasn’t enough to prepare him.

Froggish

That wouldn’t be smart. Whoever our starter is, they’ll need all the experience they can get. SRob played 3Q’s of the blow-out last year, and it wasn’t enough to prepare him.

I would imagine the chosen guy will get all the reps next week leading up to Purdue. I still think GP wants to leave some mystery for the Boilermakers. If I’m right he’ll announce a 1a1b scenario tomorrow. With a starter / backup being revealed in Indiana

4th. down

only running the ball yes, offenses that could run and pass the past 4-5 years have caused problems at times with young linebackers

OU and Texas tight ends come to mind.

You need a duo like Carder/Brock, 235 & 240 lbs. respectively to slow down a power running game and match up with big tight ends as Wisc. would testify too.

Last edited:

Froggish

I do. He always gives the planned starting QB ample playing time against our yearly “warm-up game”. He may hold back on the play calls, but he doesn’t hide reps.

As I said...he’s already announced he will split the 1st Quarter reps against APB..How much ample playing time do you think a QB is going to get?

Not quite sure what you are debating, but there is value in real reps.
I wasn't debating anything, just making a statement. I would have to assume that you would realize that if any player or unit is challenged enough by what APB brings here Saturday night to have it amount to "real competition," that player or unit is likely to face a significant struggle against actual, real P5 competition.

robbroyy

I’m 110% expecting it to be Delton on Saturday and Purdue. If it’s close at all, Patterson should use it on the grad transfer and try to save a redshirt for Duggan. Let Duggan get stronger and hopefully if Rogers doesn’t transfer he can be healthy next year for a 3 man race with Duggan and Baldwin