• The KillerFrogs

Arkansas vs TCU - NCAA Regionals - Saturday Game

Pharm Frog

Creighton who eliminated Oregon State is 3rd in the country in fielding percentage. I know for a fact their coach is obsessed with defense.

I doubt they have better players defensively, the players must just focus on it more is the best explanation. Schloss knows it’s the problem but how do you get the shortstop to catch routine throws on double plays and the outfielders to find the ball in the lights/sun

Maybe they recruit different types of players and I guarantee they have better defensive players than we have at their positions

MTfrog5

Creighton who eliminated Oregon State is 3rd in the country in fielding percentage. I know for a fact their coach is obsessed with defense.

I doubt they have better players defensively, the players must just focus on it more is the best explanation. Schloss knows it’s the problem but how do you get the shortstop to catch routine throws on double plays and the outfielders to find the ball in the lights/sun
You’re short stop shouldn’t have to be taught how to catch a ball at this level. Comes down to him slowing down the game and focusing.

TooColdU

Considering how bad our defense/pitching played, we only gave up 3 runs.

I blame our offense for not showing up. Only 1 run on 4 hits. Frogs lose 3-1.

Credit to Arky's starter.

We'll play Central Connecticut tomorrow at 2.

MTfrog5

We used to excel at the mental game but we’ve been very poor at it for the last couple of years
They don’t buy in. Even when they do the deep breath before they step in, multiple guys you can tell do it because they are told to. Compare that to guys 3-4 years ago who really took their time and relaxed.

TooColdU

They don’t buy in. Even when they do the deep breath before they step in, multiple guys you can tell do it because they are told to. Compare that to guys 3-4 years ago who really took their time and relaxed.

Maybe it's because we just have tons of transfers who develop bad habits at previous schools before coming here? But Oviedo wasn't a transfer so maybe it's something else

Ron Swanson

They have better players than we do and are a better baseball team. There was never a moment in that game where I thought we would probably win. I thought we might win if things broke our way, but they’re just better at baseball than us.

MTfrog5

Maybe it's because we just have tons of transfers who develop bad habits at previous schools before coming over here?
Definitely think it’s part of it. When you don’t develop from within and have to go the juco route, there is something to that. I think even Pharm would agree that juco kids aren’t what they used to be as top players aren’t going the juco route to stay draft eligible anymore. There is usually a reason they have to go juco.

Pharm Frog

Considering how bad our defense/pitching played, we only gave up 3 runs.

I blame our offense for not showing up. Only 1 run on 4 hits. Frogs lose 3-1.

Credit to Arky's starter.

We'll play Central Connecticut tomorrow at 2.

Our pitching was outstanding against a very good offensive squad. In fact, should have had 9 innings of shutout baseball