• The KillerFrogs

Game Thread: Frogs vs Jayhawks

PurpleBlood87

Game was there for the taking but somehow in clutch situations your best shooters don't have the ball. Tough loss but it's getting to point where moral victories are bitter pills to swallow.
Tonight was the night to kick in the door and the Frogs just couldn't do it.
OU on Saturday is a must win game. Heck every game is crucial (sorry to state the obvious).

MTfrog5

Game was there for the taking but somehow in clutch situations your best shooters don't have the ball. Tough loss but it's getting to point where moral victories are bitter pills to swallow.
Tonight was the night to kick in the door and the Frogs just couldn't do it.
OU on Saturday is a must win game. Heck every game is crucial (sorry to state the obvious).
I’d love to end the season with winning OU, WVU, and either Tech or KSU. At Texas will be tough. They play a lot different at home.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
He throws up too many threes. He has a good inside game and showed some of it tonight. I wish he would drive more instead of camping outside of the arc looking for a 3-ball.
Heck, a bunch of our guys did what is basically poison to our offense - take quick threes early in the shot clock, often way behind the arc. It's nice when you hit a few of those in a row but let's be honest, that doesn't happen often.

Had a blast at game tonight. Group from my graduate program attended, some it was first basketball game ever. I have been to many internationally. Team played extremely well on the whole against a historically great program. Of course would have liked to win. Reffing seemed fair with three KU players fouling out.

Had opportunity for road trip to see Luka play in Houston today, friends of friends and tickets offered. Will wait until he is back in Dallas.

Frogs will win many down the stretch, and it was a nice reprieve from studies and disgraceful national politics of your country. Sports distract from such events, may be good thing may be not so much.......

HFrog1999

I’m a sore loser. I’m never happy after TCU loses a game. It’s even worse when I stay up late to watch it and I feel like crap the next day

tenor.gif

Tumbleweed

He throws up too many threes. He has a good inside game and showed some of it tonight. I wish he would drive more instead of camping outside of the arc looking for a 3-ball.

Agree Mike. Tonight I saw him camp out on the right corner. They didn't throw the ball but they could have used him under OUR basket at the rime.

Most of the time this team reminds me of street ball being played in a urban environment. Is that the way college ball is played these days?

netty2424

When Noi is hot, there’s no better shooter in the country. But to your point, when his shot isn’t falling, he definitely needs to adapt and drive or work inside more. If he keeps the defenders guessing, it’ll also back them off slightly for less contested shots as well.

But as the old adage goes, shooters gonna shoot. Only way to work out of a slump.

PurpleBlood87

When Noi is hot, there’s no better shooter in the country. But to your point, when his shot isn’t falling, he definitely needs to adapt and drive or work inside more. If he keeps the defenders guessing, it’ll also back them off slightly for less contested shots as well.

But as the old adage goes, shooters gonna shoot. Only way to work out of a slump.

I'd rather him fire up a three than watch JD do it.

jake102

I loved the Miller ISO twice in a row in OT. Thank God Kansas bailed him out and let us shoot free throws, at least went 1 of 2 both times.

Ignoring Bane was criminal. Have to get more from Noi on defense.

Froggish

Another moral victory....I still can’t help but think most of our problems are leadership related. Our Seniors just don’t play up their experience level. Tired of that narrative. I still think We are still a tourney team but we could just as easily tank. You really don’t know what team is going to show up

4th. down

2 for 8 last night and missed back to back point blank shots under the rim.

Miller plays hard, real hard and plays a lot of minutes for us but he doesn't have a high talent ceiling and it's not his fault - he is trying and putting forth the effort.

62% free throw shooting just simply won't get it against good competition. Game should have been over in regulation time as one of the players should have had the smarts to call a timeout with 25 seconds left so Jamie could design a play for Bane. Yep, more shoulda, woulda, coulda.

y2kFrog

He missed some shots he usually makes, but I’d still like what he does. I think our team takes way too many midrange shots. I know a lot traditionalist won’t like this, but I rather we just launch 3’s then some of the shots we take. The percentages wouldnt be that much different and making 1 or 2 might be the difference in a game like that.

Realtorfrog

This is a different team after winning that game at the buzzer last week! Confidence level very high! Great crowd and atmosphere last night!!

Anyone not at the game? Did the crowd sound loud on tv?

PurpleBlood87

This is a different team after winning that game at the buzzer last week! Confidence level very high! Great crowd and atmosphere last night!!

Anyone not at the game? Did the crowd sound loud on tv?

They didn't look in the last 1:30 of regulation protecting a four point lead.

I know I could heard Kansas fans chanting defense late in the game.

Eight

the most frustrating part of the loss is the things that have bit this team in the butt all season continue to happen.

they can't do anything about getting any of the 4 players back who left the program and effectively this is a 6-man roster as they are not getting much of anything from lat and after showing flashes from rj against ku and baylor he has disappeared.

so focus on what you can control and that is where this loss is so frustrating. defensively certain players not getting back to shooters and asking samuel to defend much more mobile players out away from the basket.

i don't even want to talk about a couple of the fast breaks when you had two experienced players not recognize kansas had multiple players release up the flow. the lack of court awareness at times is stunning and that isn't an issue of talent or experience.

offensively the lack of a post game kills this team at times. they struggle to score easier baskets and the last three offensive possessions were not good and when bane is standing in the corner not involved that just can't happen.

the first three offensive possessions of the overtime period weren't good as well and my biggest fear is that while the talent and players might change the offensive system stays the same.

you don't have to call timeout to run a play, somehow other teams do it and yes the program is in far better shape than it was when dixon came in, yet these same type of mistakes that can be corrected would still be frustrating.

Latest posts