• The KillerFrogs

Game Thread: Frogs vs Jayhawks

PO Frog

I've said several times that KS has terrible hands and he obviously cannot shoot free throws. That means, because of a lack of depth, that Miller must be on the floor at the end. Need a couple big transfers (Guys like Vlad would be helpful) who can play.
You keep saying it but it isn’t true. You aren’t tops in the country in offensive rebounding with terrible hands.

Eight

You keep saying it but it isn’t true. You aren’t tops in the country in offensive rebounding with terrible hands.

maybe kevin is picking them up after the stop rolling?

kevin's hands can get better, but they also feed him in some terrible situations and positions

Realtorfrog

KU shut down any chance of Samuel’s getting the ball on the roll by jumping his man to the ball and bringing a backside defender in the paint.

4th. down

There is absolutely no questioning Miller's desire and effort. He's a great Frog, the ceiling just isn't very high and our offensive game plan should take that into consideration. I wish Noi would take a note from Miller on how to play with energy on both sides of the floor.

Yea, Yea, Yea, but will he? Noi has the athleticism to do a fake 3 and drive to the basket as he had done it successfully before. When he's not on his game, he has to do this - we need scoring from him - Bane does it when he's not hitting (improvise, improvise, improvise). Believe we see it from him more and more next year but we need it now.

Eight

KU shut down any chance of Samuel’s getting the ball on the roll by jumping his man to the ball and bringing a backside defender in the paint.

most everyone tcu has played this year and done this on the high pick and roll.

fortunately that isn't the only way to feed the ball to a post player on the low block.

unfortunately the frogs seem to have forgotten how to do that even though it was effective for them last year.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
So use Bane as a middleman the way we did out of a timeout once yesterday. Quick pass out to the perimeter while KSam is rolling, that middle defender is now caught, and throw it right back to KSam. If no opening, reset. That whole process takes 5 to 7 seconds, we have as many as 3-4 cracks at it in a possession. Mirror it to other side (tough when PG primarily favors one side) and keep a D honest. Keep all 5 defenders switching and running and someone will lose their man.

AroundWorldFrog

Not much of anyone defending ABob this time around. Wonder why? Two horrible, horrible games in a row. The fact that we won one and should have won the other is a testament to what Davis has done the last two games in place of him.

tetonfrog

Not much of anyone defending ABob this time around. Wonder why? Two horrible, horrible games in a row. The fact that we won one and should have won the other is a testament to what Davis has done the last two games in place of him.

ARob played strong in the second half at ISU. He played bad in the first half, but was very good in the second.

I understand why so many people are not fans of him, but the above statement is wrong. And the frogs will not make the ncaas with him struggling. Period.

netty2424

So use Bane as a middleman the way we did out of a timeout once yesterday. Quick pass out to the perimeter while KSam is rolling, that middle defender is now caught, and throw it right back to KSam. If no opening, reset. That whole process takes 5 to 7 seconds, we have as many as 3-4 cracks at it in a possession. Mirror it to other side (tough when PG primarily favors one side) and keep a D honest. Keep all 5 defenders switching and running and someone will lose their man.
That math works when you don’t include the time spent over dribbling, farting, and falling down.

Rose Bowl

I think there are a couple of things we could do at the end of the game. One is lining up two guys on each side of the lane and give the point both an option to use a screen or have shooters on the move which makes them harder to guard in theory. The other thing is play high low with Bane at the top of the key and be the screener where the double can’t be as quick if you have a knockdown shooter to get the ball to.

SuperTFrog

I bet there is a direct correlation between how little success people had in their own high school career and how critical they are of our collegiate athletes. All of the guys that I know that played in college (and I know a bunch of former TCU frogs) realize how difficult this game is. The people who dominated on NBA 2k and sportstalk baseball have all of the answers.

AroundWorldFrog

I bet there is a direct correlation between how little success people had in their own high school career and how critical they are of our collegiate athletes. All of the guys that I know that played in college (and I know a bunch of former TCU frogs) realize how difficult this game is. The people who dominated on NBA 2k and sportstalk baseball have all of the answers.
LOL. All you guys you "know" that played. How do YOU think he played? Honestly?