• The KillerFrogs

Jaylen Fisher transferring?

MadFrog

Too bad but I am glad the Fisher story is over. He always disappointed - missing the layup at UT, always being injured and now being an apparent quitter. I think no matter where he plays in the future, the knee will crap out again. As a friend of mine always says - he is dead to me now.

LawFrog504

We have 8, you forgot Davis. 8 man rotation are actually seem to have the best flow. We just don’t have anymore margin for error on the injury end. As soon as I heard Fisher had swelling in the knee, I became worried about his long term ability to play much more. Hopefully, he gets the academics together and gets his degree finished.
You're right. I can't believe I forgot him. He's my favorite player

Moose Stuff

He says he isn't playing due to rehab of an injury. Pretty sure that would be considered injury related and shouldn't disqualify him.

That being said, I've had a very hot take opinion for a couple years, starting to get tempted to post it.

He wrote the words “it’s not true I’ve had a season ending injury”...... bye bye medical redshirt.

Wexahu

He wrote the words “it’s not true I’ve had a season ending injury”...... bye bye medical redshirt.

Not saying it's not true, but in this day and age of kids looking to leave school and turn pro as quickly as they can, it seems odd that a kid like Fisher would be angling for a medical redshirt. He's still got next year to play regardless.

Moose Stuff

Not saying it's not true, but in this day and age of kids looking to leave school and turn pro as quickly as they can, it seems odd that a kid like Fisher would be angling for a medical redshirt. He's still got next year to play regardless.

Maybe angling was the word. Either way he cost himself the shot at getting one with that tweet. And turning pro should be the last thing on his mind IMO.

jake102

Too bad but I am glad the Fisher story is over. I think no matter where he plays in the future, the knee will crap out again.

This is partially my hot take. IMO, he wasn't as good as I thought he would be coming out of HS. He turned into a weapon, but largely due to the increased talent around him and I never felt he was team first. Something about his attitude always rubbed me wrong (we have a football player I feel similarly about. Although he's really good).

Wexahu

This is partially my hot take. IMO, he wasn't as good as I thought he would be coming out of HS. He turned into a weapon, but largely due to the increased talent around him and I never felt he was team first. Something about his attitude always rubbed me wrong (we have a football player I feel similarly about. Although he's really good).

I never really thought that about Fisher, he always seemed very supportive of the guys and a big cheerleader on the bench. As for his game, yeah, it had holes but he had turned himself into a pretty good shooter. Agreed on the football player though, sometimes you wonder if stuff going on behind the scenes negatively impacts enough things to where he might even be a net loss for the team. Hard to tell.

All things considered....should the Startle-Spam be viewed as a proponent or an adversary to causes pertaining

to the University? Mixed signals seem to abound.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
The speed at which some of our fans turn on guys that did great things for us, just because they choose to go elsewhere, is pretty disturbing.
Yeah, there's a bunch of assuming and speculating here.

I don't know if he screwed his medical RS. I can disagree with my doctor and tweet that my lungs are as healthy as a 20 year old. I'd be wrong, but it doesn't stop me from claiming that.

We've had really no evidence that he has EVER been a bad Frog or teammate. He seemed to always be in step with team chemistry. So I'm going to give him the benefit of a doubt and wish him the very most success life can give him. He is certainly not dead to me, and if you're a true Frog fan I suggest giving him a benefit of a doubt yourself.

Moose Stuff

You’re right about the football player. On both counts.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

I’m certain Jake and I are talking about the same player and there is zero chance his presence is a net loss for the team.
There are certain positions on a football field that just breed a me first attitude more than others. To a certain point it can be a good thing. If you work hard and are productive then it's no big deal.

I'm pretty sure we'd all like to see a certain someone get the ball as many times as possible every game too.

Wexahu

There are certain positions on a football field that just breed a me first attitude more than others. To a certain point it can be a good thing. If you work hard and are productive then it's no big deal.

I'm pretty sure we'd all like to see a certain someone get the ball as many times as possible every game too.

And I don't think it's unreasonable to assume if a certain player was out of the picture, we'd have a few kids that could step up and start producing a lot more than they have been. And who knows, maybe the locker room that our coach said was on the verge of collapsing would become a better environment where everyone is kind of a little more motivated and team-first.

Again, not saying this is the case with our team, but these kind of situations happen all the time in football.