• The KillerFrogs

Jaylen Fisher transferring?

MTfrog5

And I don't think it's unreasonable to assume if a certain player was out of the picture, we'd have a few kids that could step up and start producing a lot more than they have been. And who knows, maybe the locker room that our coach said was on the verge of collapsing would become a better environment where everyone is kind of a little more motivated and team-first.

Again, not saying this is the case with our team, but these kind of situations happen all the time in football.
I personally believe part of this issue that was causing a locker room collapse is now at Missouri. One of the players that I think Moose and Jake are thinking of is about as irreplaceable as you can get for our team next year.

Froggish

I personally believe part of this issue that was causing a locker room collapse is now at Missouri. One of the players that I think Moose and Jake are thinking of is about as irreplaceable as you can get for our team next year.
Damn Kickers ruin everything

Shorty

This is partially my hot take. IMO, he wasn't as good as I thought he would be coming out of HS. He turned into a weapon, but largely due to the increased talent around him and I never felt he was team first. Something about his attitude always rubbed me wrong (we have a football player I feel similarly about. Although he's really good).

flyfishingfrog

Dixon’s fine. Programs fine.

The sooner we(TCU fans) begin to realize we are recruiting a different level of athlete now than we ever have before, and in a new system with all the new transfer hype, kids are going to come and go more frequently. Kids like their names in the headlines. The 4 year kids will become less and less. Something everyone is going to have to adjust too.

Buckle up! It’ll only get more competitive from here.

Not directed at you Flyfishingfrog. Just a general statement as we’re perpetually seeing the “what’s wrong with the program” posts.
You realize everyone says that right up to the point the building burns down...

I think it’s fine too - just saying that based on Fishers tweets, he obviously disagrees with our staffs assessment of his injury and return timeframe or his departure has to do with something else like his academics, not liking how or what he is being asked, etc

Seems not not be like Archie - where there was a difference in opinion of his ability evidently

Moose Stuff

And I don't think it's unreasonable to assume if a certain player was out of the picture, we'd have a few kids that could step up and start producing a lot more than they have been. And who knows, maybe the locker room that our coach said was on the verge of collapsing would become a better environment where everyone is kind of a little more motivated and team-first.

Again, not saying this is the case with our team, but these kind of situations happen all the time in football.

I think it’s unreasonable to assume if that certain player left that anyone on this current team could fill the void.

BABYFACE

I think it’s unreasonable to assume if that certain player left that anyone on this current team could fill the void.

Yep.

I am ok if the me first sometimes slides in front of team first with him. He is producing and helping the team compete. If he was not, then that would be a problem.

Two differing pro examples:

Mike Irvin was selfish when it came to wanting the ball. He would let his QB know. Worked as hard anyone and produced and helped his team win.

Terrell Owens wanted to be the primary guy and wanted the ball. When things didn’t go his way, he shut down. He was hit and miss on producing.

Moose Stuff

Yep.

I am ok if the me first sometimes slides in front of team first with him. He is producing and helping the team compete. If he was not, then that would be a problem.

Mike Irvin was selfish when it came to wanting the ball. He would let his QB know. Worked as hard anyone and produced and helped his team win.

Terrell Owens wanted to be the primary guy and wanted the ball. When things didn’t go his way, he shut down. He was hit and miss on producing.

Yep. If you’re gonna act like you’re the man you better be the man. In this case said player has certainly performed as such. Also, is there anyone that hasn’t cracked this code yet?

Wexahu

Yep.

Owens was never hit and miss on producing, he produced at a higher level than Irvin. Much higher really. The difference was he was a cancer that almost purposely divided locker rooms and jerked his QBs around. Irvin was anything but that. Wanting the ball isn't necessarily being a selfish player.

Double V

Reagor is a stud. Lets all hope HE doesn't think he's a bigger stud than he is, and that he stays away from sprinkler heads.

Now. This is a basketball thread, carry on.

BABYFACE

Owens was never hit and miss on producing, he produced at a higher level than Irvin. Much higher really. The difference was he was a cancer that almost purposely divided locker rooms and jerked his QBs around. Irvin was anything but that. Wanting the ball isn't necessarily being a selfish player.
Going to disagree with you on his time with Cowboys. Owens would go missing in games when his team needed him. Didn’t see that with Irvin.