• The KillerFrogs

Jaylen Fisher transferring?

SuperTFrog

Once the highest ranked recruit to ever sign with TCU, and one of the program’s most inspiring stories, Jaylen Fisher’s playing career in Fort Worth is over, sources said.

The junior point guard from Memphis, whose story of being born with Albinism captivates people, has dealt with multiple knee injuries throughout his three years at TCU. He has not played since Christmas.

He also put his name in the NCAA transfer portal as he explores his options to potentially continue his playing career elsewhere. He currently is enrolled in the spring semester and is attending classes, which will delay his elibility to play elsewhere on the Division I level.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article224665485.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

That seems to be the currnet sentiment. I don’t find myself too bothered by the idea to be honest. A healthy motivated JF is an absolute weapon. He is apparently neither of those things currently.

PurpleBlood87

Hang on now this paragraph from Mac is complete BS to me. There is a solid chance if Fisher played in those three losses the Frogs would have won all three games.

"Despite his talent and productivity, TCU never negatively felt his absence, primarily because of the presence of point guard Alex Robinson. The Horned Frogs are currently 13-3 and 2-2 in the Big 12."

Moose Stuff

National writers all picking up on the story now. No matter what he does, the one fact that really matters is that he’s hurt with no return in sight. Leaving the program probably has very little impact on this year’s team. And if I’m being honest..... given how much he’s been injured here I’m not sure it impacts next year’s team a whole lot either.

Moose Stuff

Hang on now this paragraph from Mac is complete BS to me. There is a solid chance if Fisher played in those three losses the Frogs would have won all three games.

"Despite his talent and productivity, TCU never negatively felt his absence, primarily because of the presence of point guard Alex Robinson. The Horned Frogs are currently 13-3 and 2-2 in the Big 12."

Yeah, never is probably the wrong word.

Froggish

Hate the injuries...He had such a calming influence on the floor. He’ll be missed but it doesn’t change that we have the talent to beat a lot of teams...Hope he heals up and finds a home

Francis Xav

From everything I can gather..... whatever is going on is going on with Jalen and not with the team/program/JD.
To add, its D1 high level ball. The only transfer who happened to be a non injury transfer was Kaden. He couldnt shoot a barn . Angus may or may not, yuat was a step behind and Jaylen, sad as it is, cannot play. 3 injuries to a knee, grade issues? Next man up, sadly. There is only so much to go around.

Froggish

Where’s this optimism for football?
I have a boat load of optimism for football..It just doesn’t lie in the QB/OC spots...I’m amped about the potential of our defense. Return a healthy Gaines and I think we may have the best secondary in school history....Howa that for optimism

Purp

National writers all picking up on the story now. No matter what he does, the one fact that really matters is that he’s hurt with no return in sight. Leaving the program probably has very little impact on this year’s team. And if I’m being honest..... given how much he’s been injured here I’m not sure it impacts next year’s team a whole lot either.
I have a slightly different take, but don't disagree with you. I haven't seen where CJD has closed the door on his return. I really hope he realizes he'd like to remain at TCU to finish out his career. Even if he only plays in half the games next year I'd just really like to watch him on the floor again in a TCU uniform. I agree that he's not likely to play a full slate of games if he returns, but I'd love to see him sit the non-con schedule and come back for conference play with a chip on his shoulder. I know it's probably not going to happen, but it's an emotional time for me too dammit.

CountryFrog

Definitely a confusing time for our basketball program. You can rationalize each transfer individually, but there has to be something to four transfers in the course of one month in mid-season.
You could be right, but then again, it could also be just a huge coincidence. When was the last time a guy who wasn't on the very end of the bench decided to transfer? I really can't even remember because it's been so long.

If we were having guys transfer every season then I'd be more inclined to believe it was something within the program. Plus, it seems that Archie and Alok are the only two transferring for actualbasketball reasons. We still don't know what the hell Angus is going to do or why.

tcumaniac

We can always count on Moose to be the first to let everyone know that this isn’t a huge deal and how he’s not bothered by it.

The reality is that this absolutely sucks and there’s no way around it. Healthy or not, Jaylen was a fan favorite and seemed to be a team favorite as well. There is no way to spin this into being something that doesn’t suck.