• The KillerFrogs

2018-19 Basketball Season Thread

Dogfrog

Not gonna lose any sleep over losing a game where Fisher and Noi were just coming back and shadows of what they are now.

Plus in today’s game vs Clemson Lipscomb’s stud Matthews was hurt. Only saw the second half but he played only a few minutes and was hobbled.

Last edited:

CountryFrog

Not gonna lose any sleep over losing a game where Fisher and Noi were just coming back and shadows of what they are now.
I agree. We pretty much looked like crap in just about every game up to and including Lipscomb even though we won all the others. Since that loss this has been a completely different team. Outside of the 1st half of SMU we've been pretty dominant since then.

Of course, none of that means anything now. I'm very anxious to see what happens these next few weeks.

Wexahu

I agree. We pretty much looked like crap in just about every game up to and including Lipscomb even though we won all the others. Since that loss this has been a completely different team. Outside of the 1st half of SMU we've been pretty dominant since then.

Of course, none of that means anything now. I'm very anxious to see what happens these next few weeks.

Good lord, I just looked at the upcoming schedule. January is going to be some really tough sledding, that's a pretty relentless stretch of games. This conference is an absolute grind.

MTfrog5

Good lord, I just looked at the upcoming schedule. January is going to be some really tough sledding, that's a pretty relentless stretch of games. This conference is an absolute grind.
Yeah it's pretty hard to find any type of break. You say January is tough and then look at a stretch in February of at Iowa State, KU 2 days later, and OU... this conference it brutal with the double round robin

Wexahu

Yeah it's pretty hard to find any type of break. You say January is tough and then look at a stretch in February of at Iowa State, KU 2 days later, and OU... this conference it brutal with the double round robin

I kind of stopped at January. The way I see it we could potentially get slight breathers with Baylor, Okie State and Iowa State, especially at our place, but it's not like they are going to be layups by any stretch. When those are the "bad" teams you've got one incredibly good league.

Eight

we will find out pretty quickly just how good this team is right now and they will have to be willing to grind the next 8 weeks or so to get better if they want to repeat making the ncaa's

netty2424

Wont happen
source.gif

Farmfrog

This league is tough but I can’t believe the vibe is one of that the team will be hard pressed to make the dance. I think this team is very good and should be top 3-4 in the conference.

TooColdU

1148621D-D02F-4F69-9DC2-FACE63FD8474.jpeg

Texas was just on fire from 3. They shot 14-27.

WV should’ve beaten Tech but they kept shooting themselves in the foot with 22 turnovers and missed 14 FTs.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

This league is tough but I can’t believe the vibe is one of that the team will be hard pressed to make the dance. I think this team is very good and should be top 3-4 in the conference.

I haven’t seen anyone commenting that we will be hard pressed to make the NCAA Tourney.