• The KillerFrogs

2018-19 Basketball Season Thread

Rose Bowl

Interesting thoughts from a coaching friend that I talked to over the holidays. We talked about the Frogs chances this year and he is very bullish on the Frogs. He believes our backcourt is one of the most underrated in all of CBB. He said ARob is playing superbly and Fisher can shoot anyone out of a zone plus Bane and Noi give the Frogs three point shooting depth. The thing he was most surprised about was the defense. With Samuel as a rim defender he believes that the Frogs can be more aggressive on the perimeter and teams aren’t getting as many open looks this year.

When he told me he thinks the Frogs are good enough to win the Big 12 I was quite surprised. He has never been much of a TCU fan, mainly due to interaction with previous coaches, but believes CJD can get us a title with this team. He does believe that the bench has to play at a higher level than it has so far.

TCU_22

Interesting thoughts from a coaching friend that I talked to over the holidays. We talked about the Frogs chances this year and he is very bullish on the Frogs. He believes our backcourt is one of the most underrated in all of CBB. He said ARob is playing superbly and Fisher can shoot anyone out of a zone plus Bane and Noi give the Frogs three point shooting depth. The thing he was most surprised about was the defense. With Samuel as a rim defender he believes that the Frogs can be more aggressive on the perimeter and teams aren’t getting as many open looks this year.

When he told me he thinks the Frogs are good enough to win the Big 12 I was quite surprised. He has never been much of a TCU fan, mainly due to interaction with previous coaches, but believes CJD can get us a title with this team. He does believe that the bench has to play at a higher level than it has so far.

I think this team definitely can compete for a title... That being said with Alok hurt we are very thin at the 5 and if Samuel gets in foul trouble we’ll run into a lot of problems in big 12 play. And when Alok gets back he has to play at a higher level than he has for us to have a real chance. That being said our guard play will be among the best if not the best in the big 12

MTfrog5

I think this team definitely can compete for a title... That being said with Alok hurt we are very thin at the 5 and if Samuel gets in foul trouble we’ll run into a lot of problems in big 12 play. And when Alok gets back he has to play at a higher level than he has for us to have a real chance. That being said our guard play will be among the best if not the best in the big 12
Alok was starting to play a lot better before he got hurt so I’m optimistic he was starting to adjust to the speed of the game. He is probably the key to how this team does in conference and post season play. Samuel will get in foul trouble and need him to step up during his minutes.

LawFrog504

Completely agree with Rose Bowl here. This team has multiple pieces that offer a specific skill, Robinson's vision and ball handling, Fisher's shooting, Noi's versatility, etc. We can play any type of lineup necessary depending on matchups. One thing I particularly love is these young wings we have. Kaden Archie isn't there yet offensively but he's athletic as hell and plays his tail off on defense. This allows you to matchup with a variety of styles during conference play, which is invaluable. Kendic Davis will be a star by the time he's done here, kid is a gamer and everyone can see it. Can't wait to get started in Conference Play

insolventfrog

You know you're a basketball school when Dick Vitale brings you up during a Duke game. Of course, it was regarding Clemson's win over a quality Lipscomb squad, so he probably just skimmed Lipscomb's schedule and picked their best win. Which means … Sorry, SMU.

Literally.

Pharm Frog

OT - but I think college basketball is somehow generally better when DePaul is good. Watched them play Seton Hall today and while they won (barely), they just don’t seem to have that distinctive style they used to have...and it looked like about 50 fans were in the stands. Need to go back to the Rosemont Horizon and get back to that Chicago-tough-as-nails style because Wintrust Arena is so sterile.

tcumaniac

Does anyone have any kind of expected window for Aloks return? During the tournament in Hawaii, the TV announcers mentioned that he had a fractured hand, which in my mind, has him out a lot longer than others on here seem to be assuming. If that's the case, we're going to be in trouble. Samuel, while he's playing great, will run into foul trouble more often than not. And he will need breathers.

If Lat, Alok, and Jaylen come back soon and everyone stays healthy, I think this team can compete for a big 12 championship. If not, I think our lack of big man depth is going to be too much to over come.

Latest posts