• The KillerFrogs

We better not get screwed out of the Texas Bowl

TCUdirtbag

The bowl game isn't about the fans. It's about the players. I'm personally happy for them because I have no doubt most of them prefer a trip to Phoenix over a trip to Houston.

I know I have no clue what the players prefer. Given all the factors, if it's really Phoenix, I'm glad for them.
As a guy who never played college anything except beer-league intramurals, I honestly would've assumed they'd rather play in front of TCU fans in an NFL stadium closer to home than a baseball stadium with a few hundred fans. But going somewhere different may be more fun, and this way they'll get a little more of a break before classes start back with it being a few days earlier--I do know breaks are few and far between for them and they'll get a longer one this way.

No doubt the fans and administration would've preferred Houston by a huge margin, but maybe we'll go win 10+ next year and play in a real bowl.

The TCU Football Jerk

Call lost by 30 to 3 win UCLA.

I don't know which team is better and neither do you. No one on here has broken down tons of film on Cal and Vanderbilt. But whichever one is better it's by a razor thin margin. They're basically the same teams.

True true, I just give us better shakes over Vandy because well, they're Vandy.

LeagueCityFrog

Country Frog, what's your problem, are you Coach Patterson, is this your screen name? You could take a couple of buses down to Houston watch two movies and you are there with extra money to spend at Buc-ees in Madisonville from all that airfare money savings for a whole team and travel party, it ain't that hard to show savings and as a bonus you would of had a stadium full of purple fans dwarfing the Vanderbilt presence when you get there. This bowl is a total whiff and I look forward to looking at 'Cheez-It' premanently branded inside our stadium every season as a yearly reminder of how weak the TCU decision makers were in 2018.
Feel free to break down the financial difference between flying to Houston and spending a week there vs flying to Phoenix and spending a week there. Are we going to have to cancel the stadium upgrades? Ask GP to take a pay cut? Fire Dixon because we can no longer afford to pay him? Put tab drinks in the soda machines instead of actual Cokes?

AroundWorldFrog

With apologies to anyone that lives in Houston(not really), anyone that would rather spend a few days in Houston vs Phoenix in late December needs to get out of Texas more often.

And it wouldn't surprise me a bit if this was Gary's choice. Seems like more of a reward than going to Houston.

sentcu

For those who were around, what was the fan base’s prevailing attitude about the 2001 bowl against A&M? It predates me slightly so I’m genuinely curious but also kind of amused at the whole idea of spending 40+ pages of discussion around the spiritual successor to the galleryfurniture.com Bowl

The TCU Football Jerk

With apologies to anyone that lives in Houston(not really), anyone that would rather spend a few days in Houston vs Phoenix in late December needs to get out of Texas more often.

And it wouldn't surprise me a bit if this was Gary's choice. Seems like more of a reward than going to Houston.

You're overrating Phoenix. Area surrounding Phoenix, yeah, but not Phoenix itself.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Country Frog, what's your problem, are you Coach Patterson, is this your screen name? You could take a couple of buses down to Houston watch two movies and you are there with extra money to spend at Buc-ees in Madisonville from all that airfare money savings for a whole team and travel party, it ain't that hard to show savings and as a bonus you would of had a stadium full of purple fans dwarfing the Vanderbilt presence when you get there. This bowl is a total whiff and I look forward to looking at 'Cheez-It' premanently branded inside our stadium every season as a yearly reminder of how weak the TCU decision makers were in 2018.
Why do you sound like TCU is responsible for choosing the bowl? I’m guessing you would be happier if they failed to qualify for a bowl? And who gives a scheiss about a sign in the stadium? For scheisss sake people act entitled way too much.

Don’t like it? Don’t go. But what’s the point of disparaging anyone over it? Or be a real fan and go.

The TCU Football Jerk

For those who were around, what was the fan base’s prevailing attitude about the 2001 bowl against A&M? It predates me slightly so I’m genuinely curious but also kind of amused at the whole idea of spending 40+ pages of discussion around the spiritual successor to the galleryfurniture.com Bowl

They wanted it bad because it was against A&M.

CountryFrog

The team wouldn't have taken "a couple of buses" down to Houston. They would've taken one chartered flight. Just as they will be taking a chartered flight to Phoenix.

Moose Stuff

Our program may never recover from this.

Moose Stuff

I was pretty fired up until Casey Printers threw his first pass.

The TCU Football Jerk

The only difference for fans is airfare if you happen to be within driving distance of Houston. And that’s partially offset by the cost of driving. That’s the only difference in costs to fans. Let’s not make it a bigger deal than it is.

What does that have to do with odds over Vandy????????????? Some of yall need a remedial reading class.