• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Ex-TCU star KaVontae Turpin makes first social media post since arrest

Punter1

That's a good point, has Drew or the FWST made any effort to get Turpin's side of the story? I don't subscribe so I don't know.

I sincerely doubt it. I think the next article detailing exactly why a player left the program with actual quotes from the player will be the first one.

I've said many times on here I believe our beat writers have been told to not follow up with players that either left on their own or were kicked off. We have NEVER seen a story on players like Mike Freeze, Brandon Carter, Tipa, etc from the FWST where the actual player was interviewed.

So I don't put it all on Drew...I think GP and the sports info dept nix potential articles that may not put the player or program in a good light. Which I don't necessarily disagree with...it's just frustrating not knowing WTH happened.

I sincerely doubt it. I think the next article detailing exactly why a player left the program with actual quotes from the player will be the first one.

I've said many times on here I believe our beat writers have been told to not follow up with players that either left on their own or were kicked off. We have NEVER seen a story on players like Mike Freeze, Brandon Carter, Tipa, etc from the FWST where the actual player was interviewed.

So I don't put it all on Drew...I think GP and the sports info dept nix potential articles that may not put the player or program in a good light. Which I don't necessarily disagree with...it's just frustrating not knowing WTH happened.
It would require calories over and above searching the tweetossphere and listening to a pod cast to actually do investigative journalism so that’s right out.
Not sure that LHCGMFP has any say over ex players talking to the media.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain

If I were to followup with Turpin (or make an attempt to do so) for an article on Frogswire would that be something y'all would be interested in reading?

MTfrog5

If I were to followup with Turpin (or make an attempt to do so) for an article on Frogswire would that be something y'all would be interested in reading?
Do you think he’d say anything? I’d imagine he can’t talk about his side of the story. To answer your question, I would be interested though.

netty2424

I can’t imagine anything good coming from that. True or not true, he’s going to claim his innocence, or he’s going to say something he probably shouldn’t. And that’s if he doesn’t listen to his lawyers who have undoubtedly told him not to say a word to anyone.

netty2424

I’ve often wondered if the way GP handles the media by being difficult in pressers and releasing little info or misinformation has forced FWST hand at some of the nonsense they put out there.

Last edited:

Bob

Don’t miss Drew’s follow up tomorrow as he mines Twitter to discover what Tanner Brock tweeted over the weekend in his hard hitting exposé: “Former TCU LB arrested for drug possession still on Twitter, his posts will shock you.” Or his Wednesday article titled, “Mama’s Pizza, the location of TCU’s NCAA violations is still making pizza, but you won’t believe what they’re using for toppings!” Of course weekend subscribers will get first dibs on his latest hot take, “Miss Molly’s and the brothel that once operated just miles from TCU’s campus.”
You mean we had a brothel just like SMU?

Moose Stuff

I’ll tell you right now with 110% certainty thay Mike Freeze didn’t want his story told (and neither did we).

Wexahu

I’ve often wondered if the way GP handles the media by being difficult in pressers and releasing little info or misinformation has forced FWST hand at some of the none sense they put out there.

Not sure, but the way GP handles things with the media doesn't do himself or the program any favors. He's simply not very good at that part of his job. And the releasing little info isn't giving our team a competitive advantage at all like he seems to think it does, all it does is leave everyone in the dark and speculating, which is usually not a good thing.

Frog DJ

If Turpin were to grant an interview with any publication or broadcast outlet, and reveal meaningful information in the process - his lawyer should not only be fired, but disbarred for incompetence.

Go Frogs!

Moose Stuff

So Coach P was fibbing a bit when he said he'd be welcomed back bc he didn't do anything wrong, I assume?

I don’t remember exactly what was said at the time but I guarantee you that if he said that it wasn’t honest. That was a situation that needed to just go away and be forgotten (for all involved). It wasn’t anything awful but it wouldn’t have benefitted anybody for that story to be told.

frogs9497

If Turpin were to grant an interview with any publication or broadcast outlet, and reveal meaningful information in the process - his lawyer should not only be fired, but disbarred for incompetence.

Go Frogs!

I’m not sure his lawyer has any more control over him than we did.

tcujsauce

I don’t remember exactly what was said at the time but I guarantee you that if he said that it wasn’t honest. That was a situation that needed to just go away and be forgotten (for all involved). It wasn’t anything awful but it wouldn’t have benefitted anybody for that story to be told.

Yeah, a quick googling brought up an old Fox Sports article about it. He told reporters he wasn't sure if Freeze was even enrolled at TCU any longer, and when asked if he'd be welcomed back to the program, Coach P said "Yep. Why not? He didn't do anything wrong".

There were rumors flying left and right about it, so I just shut it down and didn't try to make left from right personally because it was pretty clear dude was gone and not coming back.

https://www.foxsports.com/college-f...ike-freeze-curious-case-without-answer-091615