• The KillerFrogs

Robinson to have surgery

Moose Stuff

So we’re 3-4 and down our starting QB, our future NFL DT and S, our best OL, our most dynamic offensive player, and our leader in the secondary (Niko). Our very talented RB never gets the ball. Our offensive play calling is suspect. Our kicking game is struggling. Our fans are angry as hell........ so I’m just gonna assume we’re about to win 5 in a row.

Shorty

Yup that’s my question is why did it take this long for surgery to happen if it was that bad. There is no way he looked great in practice and that’s assuming SR was even practicing.
Pure conjecture (but isn't that was fan forums are all about?) here but a partial tear or lower grade AC separation don't always require surgery. He could have been trying to work through whatever the injury is and it didn't improve or got worse. I played rugby for a while with a separated shoulder and other than not being able to lift that arm above my head I could play and it eventually healed up.

*edit that is not trying to justify trotting out a banged up QB when we have a seemingly capable backup, just addressing the surgery question.

BABYFACE

So we’re 3-4 and down our starting QB, our future NFL DT and S, our best OL, our most dynamic offensive player, and our leader in the secondary (Niko). Our very talented RB never gets the ball. Our offensive play calling is suspect. Our kicking game is struggling. Our fans are angry as hell........ so I’m just gonna assume we’re about to win 5 in a row.

Very John Belushi-esque ala Animal House.

PO Frog

My theory is that Cumbie wanted to go with Collins from day one but Gary made him go with SR because defensively he hates playing a dual threat guy. So Cumbie gave Gary what he wanted, and gave it to him good and hard. Proving a point in a way.

jake102

Nah Niang is our best OL. Oh and don't forget likely a starting CB. 3/5ths of the secondary is out.

I would beg Cumbie to just try the 1st half of the Kansas game running out there:
Collins
Anderson (with an occasional Sewo)
Stephens outside, Reagor outside
Barber and A Davis inside

And don't run any trick plays, either Collins hands it off to a RB, zone read, or he throws a pass. No WR reverses, no wildfrog, no RB pass. Just stay on schedule and ahead of the chains.

Spike

From your lips to God's ears!

Mean Purple

If Turp is just suspended, is that “good” as opposed to immediately kicked off the team?
GP can't really make that call until they actually get information from the authorities. I think TCU can keep him out of classes. They did that for a few days after some guys got in a fight.
GP will make that call on the season, or more, when he gets more information. TCU has a pretty strict procedure for dealing with this.