• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

tcudoc

talor

Funny...I see stuff happen like that, to a much lesser extent, all the time and it's always the mom. For all the grief dads get, I think we're, as a whole, the more attentive parent.
What's crazy is that lady almost actually killed her baby by sitting on and crushing it's head. I mean it is legitimately close to having an accidental death on live tv,

ShadowFrog

Moderators
You know, you can make a quilt out of neckties.
f8fc49591d6fdd2f673d7ccd2001fe8e.jpg

#hasmspknowledge
That makes a great quilt outta marginal ties.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I have no idea why it bothers me so much but I seriously can’t handle the lose/loose issue any longer. Has this always been a thing? It seems recent.
A phenomenon I have only observed in say the past 3 to 5 years...

And no you're not the only one who wants to slap people who make this miatake.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
I have no idea why it bothers me so much but I seriously can’t handle the lose/loose issue any longer. Has this always been a thing? It seems recent.

Once upon a time, I was an Admissions Office volunteer and my "job" was to represent TCU at local college fairs when the Admissions Office staff couldn't (or wouldn't).

The brochures and handouts they sent for me to pass out to prospective students (and their parents) were full of the "lose/loose", "there/their", and "you/you're" type of errors, along with other gross typos. Specific data was inconsistent (e.g. student-teacher ratio)--within a document and between documents.

Year 1: After my first fair, I sent them a note suggesting they proofread the material better.

Year 2: After my first fair, I sent them a complete set of the material with errors and corrections highlighted in the brightest red ink I could find.

Year 2: After my last fair, I sent them a resignation letter.