• The KillerFrogs

2018 CFB - Week 5 - Other Games Thread with TV Schedule

FrogLifeYo

Unless we make it to a big bowl game or rematch with Texas in the Big 12 title game, we aren't going to play a team with anywhere near the defensive talent of Ohio State or Texas the rest of the year. Both teams are loaded with NFL talent. It's asking a lot of a young QB and inexperienced offensive line to be able to perform well against those two units, especially in hostile environments/on the road early in the season.

Turnovers aside I think we played about as well as you could ask against Ohio State offensively.

Texas they just had a perfect game plan for our offense. Sell out to the run(remember all their offsides penalties) and lock down Reagor. They had the defensive talent to do that and we didn't adjust.
Some good points...I guess maybe what frustrates me the most is I think our TT inspired offense sux. While it’s evolved some and it’s no longer 5 wide all the time, Its still weak and uncreative at the point of attack. We need to find a way to shorten games until we become more experienced at the QB position. Hopefully we’ll find that today and if you’re theory about Ohio St and TX defenses being great is true,we should dominate today..

I’m still not sold on TX def outside of their talent

LVH

Some good points...I guess maybe what frustrates me the most is I think our TT inspired offense sux. While it’s evolved some and it’s no longer 5 wide all the time, Its still weak and uncreative at the point of attack. We need to find a way to shorten games until we become more experienced at the QB position. Hopefully we’ll find that today and if you’re theory about Ohio St and TX defenses being great is true,we should dominate today..

I’m still not sold on TX def outside of their talent

I hate our offense to, I am one of the few on this board who wants to go back to a more ball control pro style offense, but "muh recruiting"

LVH

Totally agree.

I just told this to Oklahoma fans and they all dogpiled me. They made a bunch of excuses after the Army loss, and are now making a bunch of excuses now. It's going to take losses for them to change their mind.

Also K State is making a late rally vs. Texas. What hasn't K-State done? Turn the ball over.

LVH

I can easily see Kansas State winning this game. Texas looks lost on offense. When you don't give them free points and easy field position and make them earn yards they aren't that good.

LVH

Naturally, Ehlinger can't connect with Johnson on 3rd downs today and is missing him. Where were these errant throws last week