• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Buckeyes vs Horned Frogs

I think a lot of TCU fans aren’t thrilled with tonight but at the least earned some respect from Ohio State fans. This game will pay off eventually with the amount of players that we have back next year. Heck this might kick it into another gear this year and we see y’all in Arlington again.

I think WVU, Okie State, and OU are all very good. Texas even looked good tonight. TCU wins all of those, including beating most likely OU twice, then there’s no way they aren’t in the Final Four

I'm very disappointed in the loss but we played pretty dang even against what is supposed to be one of the best teams in the country. Turnovers killed us obviously. Spot any P5 team on our schedule 21 points like that and you're going to stand a good chance of losing. I'm going to have to watch the replay of that shuttle pass because from where I was sitting, the defensive player was already there when it left SR's hand. The dropped punt snap was a killer and the game really was pretty much over right there.

Uncle_Frog

All in all I thought SR played very well. Considering it was his 4th start, I thought he played great. He looked better tonight than he did against SMU.
Maybe I’m in the minority (and will get flamed) but I didn’t think he played that well. Had 3 turnovers (2 led to 14 direct Ohio State points) and only 1 TD. In other words he had more scoring plays for Ohio State than TCU. I know it was his 4th start but there’s is nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade and saying he didn’t play great. Maybe the TV announcers were more positive but there were a lot of groan in the stands as he missed on some open running lanes and didn’t spot wide open receivers several times. I think he is the future but it was a struggle tonight—and there is nothing wrong with that against such a quality opponent.

LVH

I think WVU, Okie State, and OU are all very good. Texas even looked good tonight. TCU wins all of those, including beating most likely OU twice, then there’s no way they aren’t in the Final Four

I think Oklahoma losing Rodney Anderson was huge for us. You could tell Oklahoma was a bit more one dimensional today without him. They have the deep ball but they struggled to run it against Iowa State. A lot easier to gameplan for them without him and Mark Andrews. I think this is the year we get it done against Oklahoma to be honest. We get them at home and I hope we can hold serve until then and not lose anyone to injury.

The road games at Texas and West Virginia honestly worry me more than Oklahoma. Depends on what Texas team shows up and if we have a hangover from tonight. West Virginia will be tough. Grier is as good as Haskins but I don't think they are anywhere near as talented at the other position as Ohio State especially on defense. Grier isn't known for staying healthy so I will selfishly say I hope we are facing a different starting QB by the time we play them in November. Honestly I see WVU as this year's Oklahoma State from last year. Very very good on offense but the defense will lose them some games. We went on the road and beat Oklahoma State last year.

LVH

Maybe I’m in the minority (and will get flamed) but I didn’t think he played that well. Had 3 turnovers (2 led to 14 direct Ohio State points) and only 1 TD. In other words he had more scoring plays for Ohio State than TCU. I know it was his 4th start but there’s is nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade and saying he didn’t play great. Maybe the TV announcers were more positive but there were a lot of groan in the stands as he missed on some open running lanes and didn’t spot wide open receivers several times. I think he is the future but it was a struggle tonight—and there is nothing wrong with that against such a quality opponent.

1st turnover was on McKinney. Was simply a good play by Bosa and nothing he could do about it, blindside strip sack.

2nd turnover was bad, it was a play that got completely blown up and Robinson had nowhere to go. Ideally he just goes down there and we punt when he saw the play wasn't open but thats such a hard read to make in game speed. Shovel passes are always tough and thread the needle types of plays. Again that was on the offensive line to make that play work. Defensive lineman just made a good play.

3rd turnover was a bad one but we were desperate at that point and just trying to make something happen. Kind of like Dalton's interceptions at the end of the Utah loss in 2008 or Fiesta Bowl loss. Ticking clock meant we had to force throws. Learning moment.

cdsfrog

several turnovers and lost by 12 spotting them 14 points free points..damn if only we played smarter.

Worth rewatching? Oddly enough I was able to record it.

Mean Purple

1st turnover was on McKinney. Was simply a good play by Bosa and nothing he could do about it, blindside strip sack.

2nd turnover was bad, it was a play that got completely blown up and Robinson had nowhere to go. Ideally he just goes down there and we punt when he saw the play wasn't open but thats such a hard read to make in game speed. Shovel passes are always tough and thread the needle types of plays. Again that was on the offensive line to make that play work. Defensive lineman just made a good play.

3rd turnover was a bad one but we were desperate at that point and just trying to make something happen. Kind of like Dalton's interceptions at the end of the Utah loss in 2008 or Fiesta Bowl loss. Ticking clock meant we had to force throws. Learning moment.
Cant blame the line on the shovel pass. He sees that play blowing up. Defensive player was already through, so just go down. He should learn from it.

Dont give up the ball there and then he is not in the situation later on that brought the third turnover.

And special teams has to step up. Kicking and punting was just not good. That missed 3 hurt. With the shovel, that's some difference in points.

I thought his passing was way better tonight, minus the late turnover in desperation time.

Mean Purple

several turnovers and lost by 12 spotting them 14 points free points..damn if only we played smarter.

Worth rewatching? Oddly enough I was able to record it.
We set the DVR before we left. But after watching the frogs cost themselves a win, not sure I want to relive it.

Did Texas win tonight?

Frogs better bounce back and put this behind them.

cdsfrog

Texas crushed USC and Maryland got crushed. No idea what to think.

I'd like to see us not play sloppy against anyone have way decent. Seems we are full of talent, young, and sorely missing Blacklock from the collective comments over the past couple weeks.