• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Buckeyes vs Horned Frogs

tcumaniac

Season far from over.

Assuming Ohio state is truly a top 4 team in the country, we are right there. Stay healthy and I could see us winning out.

Win the big 12 championship and we could find ourselves in an epic rematch.

TooColdU

Ag would be hanging a banner for this result. Glad we aren’t.

Exactly. They kept saying that they should be ranked after their close loss.

I hate moral victories. The bottom line is that we lost. We shouldn’t be rewarded. We should take it as is and use it to get better.

I don’t care about rankings this early in the season.

LVH

Ag would be hanging a banner for this result. Glad we aren’t.

As I pointed out last week.. I want to see us get the same respect A&M got last week.

Unlike A&M we played a close game despite not having a 100k crowd on our side, and had a 2nd half lead.

But we won't have anyone lobbying on our behalf because we aren't SEC.

Wouldn't shock me to see the DMN rank us behind A&M and North Texas and perhaps even Texas in their next Texas rankings.

Lone Frog

Bright sides:

1. We could have, possibly should have, won. Losing it sucks, but it tells me we can win against anyone on our schedule.
2. After two tentative games, Anderson is still Anderson.
3. Following from 2, had the longest rushing play in program history/longest rushing score OSU has ever allowed.
4. Robinson had some mistakes, but they're fixable, and he's gonna be great.
5. Buckeyes damn well know they were in a fight.

Bad sides are many. Starting with me being out of beer now.

LVH

When we were up 21-13 I felt confident because traditonally under Patterson we do well with 2nd half leads for the most part(of course there are some exceptions like 2002 Cincinnati, 2007 Texas, 2008 Utah, 2016 Arkansas and 2014 Baylor).

I think what really hurt us was when we forced OSU to punt when we were up 21-13. Had a chance to step on the throat and instead went 3 and out with some dumb play calling. I also think that was the drive Bosa went out on too.

Would have also been nice to have pulled off the kickoff return.

Eight

As I pointed out last week.. I want to see us get the same respect A&M got last week.

Unlike A&M we played a close game despite not having a 100k crowd on our side, and had a 2nd half lead.

But we won't have anyone lobbying on our behalf because we aren't SEC.

Wouldn't shock me to see the DMN rank us behind A&M and North Texas and perhaps even Texas in their next Texas rankings.

who cares what the dmn ranks us? jesus between people carrying on about rants by the ticket and concern over the scheissing dmn rankings how do some of you get out of bed each day

the ONLY thing that matters beginning next week is how we start big 12 play.

dmn can rank us behind utep, morons on the ticket can blast us 24/ 7, all i care about now is a win in austin

LVH

CBS sports just rolled out an image saying “Buckeyes Dominate Horned Frogs.” Ugh, the media never changes.

Just like I predicted. Meanwhile based on the headlines last week you would have thought A&M won the game.

Ohio State is the 2nd best team in the country in my opinion, better than Clemson. I think Georgia is #4. Defense isn't good enough to be better than Alabama or beat them. Alabama is in a class of their own. I can see them being like that 1996 Nebraska team that blew every single team they played out.

Moose Stuff

When we were up 21-13 I felt confident because traditonally under Patterson we do well with 2nd half leads for the most part(of course there are some exceptions like 2002 Cincinnati, 2007 Texas, 2008 Utah, 2016 Arkansas and 2014 Baylor).

I think what really hurt us was when we forced OSU to punt when we were up 21-13. Had a chance to step on the throat and instead went 3 and out with some dumb play calling. I also think that was the drive Bosa went out on too.

Would have also been nice to have pulled off the kickoff return.

The pass just behind Turp that he dropped ended up being huge. Hit him in stride and who knows what would have happened.