• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Ohio St. Prediction Threads

Rooting for the Big 12, but I think the difference in this one is tOSU DL overpowering a relatively inexperienced TCU OL. I've got Ohio State winning by 10. Would love to be wrong, rooting for Big 12, would be great for TCU and the conference to get the win. Good luck!

I could see a 10 point result, in my opinion it is ridiculous the number of Ohio State fans predicted 49-10, 35-7, etc wins. TCU is going to put up some points on Ohio State.

Haven’t read this entire thread so sorry if it’s been answered, but how do you think y’all LBs will do covering TCU’s slot WR or RB when we do go 4-5 wide?

MT - I understand your question wasn't directed towards me, but rational Ohio State fans are very nervous about how the LB's will handle TCU's explosive offense. Ohio State has all world talent at the position, but they still have the same scheme and LB coach who allowed OU, and Iowa to absolutely shred Ohio State last year. Honestly, if Michigan had a competent QB, they had people running wide open across the middle all game on OSU last year.

Don’t think he was implying that Tenn is Ohio St but rather the narrative that teams can run the ball down the throat of Big12 defenses is both inaccurate and foolish...TCU fans arent dumb. We know very well what kind of talent you have a RB but we believe in GPs ability to slow it down. We won’t stop it but if we can keep it under 200 yards I think we can pull the upset. I think many of us have hope because we know you all didn’t exactly light up a really average OU Defense last year. Neither did we...twice...Yes it’s a new year but again we have a veteran defense that we think is pretty talented.

We are the underdog but we won’t be out classed..We are better football team than just about anyone you play in the Big10

These are valid points, and I do think Ohio State fans are going to be very surprised when TCU doesn't just roll over for them. My prediction has moved around a bit, but I think 35-24 sounds reasonable in my opinion.

MTfrog5

These are valid points, and I do think Ohio State fans are going to be very surprised when TCU doesn't just roll over for them. My prediction has moved around a bit, but I think 35-24 sounds reasonable in my opinion.
I think around 10 is reasonable. I think it will be a one score game for majority of the game. Having a hard time seeing TCU win but I think they will surprise some people on the overall team speed. If we had Blacklock in the middle, I’d feel a lot better about this game.

Moose Stuff

Moose - I haven't done anything, also we could go on and on about what the investigation showed, but how is that relevant at all for Saturday? How is that in any way fun for either of us to talk about? I would never bring up any of TCU's issues that have no relevance to Saturdays game because that would just be ignorant. If you have some sort of issue with Urban Meyer, you can hop on social media and let your voice be heard

No one accused YOU of doing anything. And if TCU had some recent issue like this I would be SHOCKED if people didn’t bring it up all the time. Your coach is a POS and you should probably learn to deal with people telling you that. If you can’t then you too may not be ready for the Internet.

Zubaz

Anything but a TCU blowout wouldn't surprise me. In order of likelihood:
-Close-ish Ohio State victory, maybe 10-14 points.
-Ohio State blowout, Big 12 Title game style where it's close at the half but they pull away 38-17 or so.
-Close TCU victory, 24-17.

I just have too many concerns about the push that SMU got on our O-Line to be confident in anything. I think our greatest offensive strength right now is Darius and Sewo, and if they are neutralized by just a 3 or 4 man rush, that's a lot of Ohio State guys back in coverage. We'd be putting the game in the hands of a true Sophomore in a hostile environment and some receivers that have had the dropsies so far in the season.

WANG

I love the fixation with the D-Line size. D line will have their moments with twists and stunts but higher probability damage will come from a 200lb missile flying out of the secondary on some exotic blitz. BOOM. Second, Bosa plays with a crazy high motor (dude is fun to watch): If we go crazy up tempo out of the gate, how does a guy like that hold up? I don’t know the answer but guessing that may be part of our strategy. I see a potential scenario where he’s locked up in full body cramps, crying big JJ Watt Rose Bowl tears by the middle of the 3rd quarter.

OSU plays pretty fast, and that's who they practice against every day, so I don't THINK it will be a problem. Plus they rotate in a lot, but I guess we will have to see!

Wexahu

-Ohio State blowout, Big 12 Title game style where it's close at the half but they pull away 38-17 or so.

I just have too many concerns about the push that SMU got on our O-Line to be confident in anything. I think our greatest offensive strength right now is Darius and Sewo, and if they are neutralized by just a 3 or 4 man rush, that's a lot of Ohio State guys back in coverage. We'd be putting the game in the hands of a true Sophomore in a hostile environment and some receivers that have had the dropsies so far in the season.

I have the same concerns, but I think the likelihood of us beating them is a little better than us getting blown out. If the two most likely scenarios are us losing by 10-14 or getting blown out, then we aren't very good.....and I think we might be better than that. It's not like we're playing the Patriots here, this is a relatively inexperienced OSU team as well playing with a new QB.

Eight

OSU plays pretty fast, and that's who they practice against every day, so I don't THINK it will be a problem. Plus they rotate in a lot, but I guess we will have to see!

i don't see tcu using tempo offensively in this game. cumbie hasn't shown that as an offensive tendency unlike meachum and in games like this patterson has historically tried to shorten the games.

WANG

As much as I like Robinson, he's not going to beat Ohio State with his feet. He needs to be able to stretch the ball vertically to give the Frogs a chance. Optimistic TCU fans discount the SMU game because of the rain delay and poor conditions. But SR didn't hit the deep ball against Southern University either. Gary Patterson mentioned this at the press conference after the SMU game. He said SR was putting air under the ball in fall camp and for whatever reason he's not doing it now. He went on to say that you gotta give the receivers a chance to make a play. My personal thought is that he's trying to protect the ball, and is forcing it a bit. He needs to just relax and try to have some fun. But it's awfully hard to play loose against one of the best teams in the country.

Thanks for the insight!

I think if Robinson can hurt OSU with his legs, it will force the safeties into the box and allow some easier throws for him, which is what scares me as an OSU fan.

I haven't watched much of TCU this year, so I will defer to you all for analysis of your QB, but his ability to run still scares me!

Zubaz

I have the same concerns, but I think the likelihood of us beating them is a little better than us getting blown out. If the two most likely scenarios are us losing by 10-14 or getting blown out, then we aren't very good.....and I think we might be better than that. It's not like we're playing the Patriots here, this is a relatively inexperienced OSU team as well playing with a new QB.
My concern is more a matchup scheme than quality. For example I think OU might be better than Ohio State right now, but I think we match up better with them because we'd have a better chance with our offensive strength in running the ball to generate offensive production, if that makes sense.

PanhandleFrog66

After combing thru statistics that hold no water at this time due to lack of quality opponents by both teams, here's what I have to offer:

I think that if our run defense shows up like the second half team that showed up to the sloppy Schmew game (considering we have given up almost triple the amount of first downs to rushing v. passing) we will be able to control the line of scrimmage thanks to our real starting d-line that we will see for the first time on Saturday. Should allow our second level players to freely roam and actually be where they need to be. Provided we can do that, we will be able to put more challenging pressure on their QB and provide our secondary opportunistic plays while allowing out LB's to quickly fill gaps and, in turn, we should win the turnover battle and keep the points down.

Offensively (for us), this game makes me nervous. Although, we haven't given up many negative plays and zero sacks, I feel like top-tier tOSU athletes will have a little change on that statistical front even though our inexperienced line has been surprising to me. We have to get Robinson outside the pocket and create space and allow him to option between run/pass and utilize his feet a little more (which I think will happen but he has been handcuffed by the coaching staff). If we can do that, I think we can definitely outmatch their second level and secondary with the numerous receiving talents coupled with a couple of talented backs.

This matchup seems a little more even than the delusional faithful and major four letter networks seem to think. I think TCU easily covers the +13 line and wins by 3. Gimme Frogs 31-28 in a nail-biter, grinder.

Disclaimer: If we come out like the Schmew game, even for a quarter, we lose by 30.

Wexahu

i don't see tcu using tempo offensively in this game. cumbie hasn't shown that as an offensive tendency unlike meachum and in games like this patterson has historically tried to shorten the games.

As he should. The LAST thing we need to do in this game is have quick 3 and outs. The very last thing.

WANG

Haven’t read this entire thread so sorry if it’s been answered, but how do you think y’all LBs will do covering TCU’s slot WR or RB when we do go 4-5 wide?

I can't believe you didn't read every post in a 15 page thread! haha

It hasn't been talked about, so I appreciate the question. It certainly concerns me, especially because it's beaten OSU in the past, and they haven't seen much of it yet. OSU has gotten beaten on a few screens this year, and though they are not the same thing it certainly gives me pause about their ability to cover short routes if TCU goes wide.

FrogLifeYo

Hmmm I didn’t see that push your describing...There few good runs were off tackle...Maybe I need to rewatch...

Sticky_Wicket

Purple Baylor Alum
79 Hours until we stomp some nuts

1437065163_insane_mma_side_flip_ball_stomp__wu_ze.gif

Casey T

Rooting for the Big 12, but I think the difference in this one is tOSU DL overpowering a relatively inexperienced TCU OL. I've got Ohio State winning by 10. Would love to be wrong, rooting for Big 12, would be great for TCU and the conference to get the win. Good luck!

That's fair.

I've got Houston beating Texas Tech by 21, I think the difference in this one is they are a competent football team. Still not sure if I'd like to be wrong or not for the sake of the Big 12. Good luck!

No one accused YOU of doing anything. And if TCU had some recent issue like this I would be SHOCKED if people didn’t bring it up all the time. Your coach is a POS and you should probably learn to deal with people telling you that. If you can’t then you too may not be ready for the Internet.

I don't know Urban Meyer personally, apparently you do. I'll have to take your word for it. Go Bucks!