• The KillerFrogs

NBC Sports: Ohio State to reportedly make $5 million for AT&T Stadium game with TCU

Deep Purple

The video board there is so good, it is hard not to watch it instead of the game, depending on your seats.
Which is why I don't attend games at JerryWorld. That board is so overwhelming it constantly draws your eye away from the action on the field. Last game I attended there, it suddenly dawned on me that I had just spent $200+ per seat to essentially watch television -- something I could have done at home for free.

A fool and his money....

Portland Frog

Will having non-conference games like this against marque names on campus ever trump the Jerry World alternative? Will the frogs ever get to the point where they will say, "thanks, but no thanks" if a home-and-home is rejected and the only alternative is a a one and done at a neutral site? Does the importance of the fan experience in it's home stadium ever override the additional revenue generated from a bigger venue? All I have is questions.

Frog DJ

I have had season tickets almost my entire adult life, and I'm not too terribly concerned about losing the opportunity to see OSU (or other such opponents) in ACS.

I'm much more concerned about TCU's ability to remain relevant in the big-time college football world, so if this is the way CGP wants to play it - I trust his instincts.

Go Frogs!

CountryFrog

Will having non-conference games like this against marque names on campus ever trump the Jerry World alternative? Will the frogs ever get to the point where they will say, "thanks, but no thanks" if a home-and-home is rejected and the only alternative is a a one and done at a neutral site? Does the importance of the fan experience in it's home stadium ever override the additional revenue generated from a bigger venue? All I have is questions.
If you're asking whether or not there is ever anything that will trump making more money in major college athletics then I believe the answer is no.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
One of the reasons I decided to not renew my season tickets. I'm tired of the LSU and tOSU games being switched to AT&T stadium and adding additional costs. Its ridiculous. TCU sold their fans on building a new stadium to host big games and it lets all its big games go elsewhere.
UT, OU, OSU, etc aren’t big games? We would have killed for those types of games at home just a few years ago. Now they are dismissed. We are TCU.

netty2424

According to some including GP, this is the deepest roster this program has ever seen. TCU has the opportunity to play a blue blood with a rich history and certainly one of the premier programs in college football. Yet people are complaining about a video board and the Dallas Cowboys owner.

IMO, this is bigger than most bowl games we've been to and a chance to correct some history we have with tOSU, circa 2014.

Grab your sacks and mount up boys. Be present. Be loud. Support your team.

Last edited:

Purp

I said this in one of the other 600 threads we've had on the subject, but the worst part of this game is the fact that it was originally scheduled to be a home and home. If OSU had never been on the schedule and then we all found out 12 months ago that we're playing them in a game in Arlington then I think pretty much everyone would be pumped up about it. It's the fact that we essentially lost a home game that is so agitating to so many people. And then TCU has the nerve to market the idea that season ticket prices will NOT go up in 2018 as if we're all too dense to realize that we just had one of the home games moved 20 miles away and sold separately at a price almost as expensive as some season ticket packages.

I will be at the game. But I'll be in a party of 2 instead of my normal party of 4. I'm not missing this game for anything but I understand people who are upset about the situation. And I understand there are some people who are already stretching their family budget for season tickets and simply can't afford to take their family to this game too.
This. I'd also add the disappointment in losing the chance at a marquee away game and chance to see our Frogs in the Horseshoe. That was also jettisoned with the Jerry World deal and I regret that as much as losing the chance to host.

kodiak

According to some including GP, this is the deepest roster this program has ever seen. TCU has the opportunity to play a blue blood with a rich history and certainly one of the premier programs in college football. Yet people are complaining about a video board and the Dallas Cowboys owner.

IMO, this is bigger than most bowl games we've been to and a chance to correct some history we have with tOSU, circa 2014.

Grab your sacks and mount up boys. Be present. Be loud. Support your team.

Too big for the Carter? Bring it Home. Make it special.

BleedNPurple

I just look forward to sitting in an air conditioned stadium and watching our young TCU team rip Ohio State apart. I hope this win over Ohio State catapults us into the playoffs and leaves them in a ditch. The Undisputed Champions MY ASS!

Double V

Patterson has said multiple times that he didn’t want to play Ohio State twice and that this game was scheduled before the Big 12. He now thinks his path to the playoff is much clearer and doesn’t need to risk a loss. So we take the money, play them once and GP is happy.
Yeah well I dont really like that answer. Wouldn't trade GP for the world, but he got that one wrong, IMO.

BleedNPurple

So we do like get $10 million? We freaking should for giving up this home and home and our stadium! We need to renegotiate this thing right now!

Dogfrog

I would prefer this be a home game and it would have been great to go to a road game at OSU. But, there's been plenty of time to lament that and it is what it is. I'm looking forward to the game, plan to enjoy some $9.00 beers and hope to see a Frog win. End of story.