• The KillerFrogs

OT - Great movie lines/scenes

Bob Sugar

"Come on, Rook. Show us that million dollar arm. 'Cause I got a good idea bout that five cent head of yours."

Lots of gold in this movie as well.

"The rose goes in the front, big guy."

"Your shower shoes have fungus on them. You'll never make it to the bigs with fungus on your shower shoes. Think classy, you'll be classy. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back and the press'll think you're colorful. Until you win 20 in the show, however, it means you are a slob."

"A good friend of mine used to say, "This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while."

Bob Sugar

Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.

I’ll have a Bloody Mary, a steak sandwich...and a steak sandwich.
Fletch: Oh, for... God dawd dawd! Who is it, Mr. Sinlindin?

Fletch: You know, I came this close to buying this place, but then I found out that Hop-along Cassidy killed himself here.
Alan Stanwyk: Who?
Fletch: Hop-along Cassidy. Bow and arrow. Very Weird.

Lots of gold in this movie as well.

"The rose goes in the front, big guy."

"Your shower shoes have fungus on them. You'll never make it to the bigs with fungus on your shower shoes. Think classy, you'll be classy. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back and the press'll think you're colorful. Until you win 20 in the show, however, it means you are a slob."

"A good friend of mine used to say, "This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while."
So many great quotes and life lessons in that movie.

Obviously I’m a fan. Did y’all see the kid that busted out bull durham quotes in a post game interview a couple of years ago. Greatness.

http://larrybrownsports.com/baseball/mark-canha-perfectly-quotes-crash-davis-from-bull-durham/259403

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Not a quote, just good characters in the classic original 1970 Airport with Burt Lancaster chewing up the scenery as Airport Manager Mel Bakersfield and George Kennedy as Engineer/Maintenance Chief cigar-chompin’ Joe Patroni—good stuff & very old school and a ticket I’d vote for any November.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
giphy.gif

Chongo94

I thought he was running for president with Tom Hanks on the same ticket?

Ha maybe so. Hasn’t been much in the news for a year or so about his attempt to remake the movie so maybe it has been derailed thankfully.
I don’t mind if they remake it, just not with the Rock as the main character.