• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

netty2424

You can go to Home Depot (or elsewhere) and buy a clear sealant in a small quart-sized can. Buy a cheap bristle brush and go to town. Brush with the grain and not perpendicular to it.

BTW cedar is naturally water resistant but it will turn gray over time (see most every backyard fence).

I sealed my post with a tinted sealant that might’ve just been “western red cedar” in color and it looks great.
That's what I've got is a western red post. It's a beautiful piece of wood with a very small live edge in one corner. Want to preserve that red color as best as I can.

Frog-in-law1995

Good lord. I would saw off an arm if I tried either of these things. Kudos to you both.

For some reason I don’t have a photo of it finished, but here’s what it looks like. All appendages remain attached, though i did drop a large piece of the melamine mold I built to form the tabletop. Smashed my left big toe to hell, but my toes apparently have Deadpool superpowers.

mxJmLRY.jpg

nwlafrog

Mrs. NWLA’s Mother’s Day will consist of a one hour massage and one hour relaxation float pod (sounds strange, but it’s supposed to be incredible https://www.driftawayfloat.com/)

Also, I took her out last night and ran yo-yo’s on Caddo Lake in her father’s old boat that we restored. Our best catch was a 6lb bass to go along with 4 catfish and a white perch. Had a blast.

Here’s NWLA jr with the bass.
82105952-E799-4DB4-BC24-AF9A5056BE79.jpeg

Last edited:

SnoSki

Mrs. NWLA’s Mother’s Day will consist of a one hour massage and one hour relaxation float pod (sounds strange, but it’s supposed to be incredible https://www.driftawayfloat.com/)

Also, I took her out last night and ran yo-yo’s on Caddo Lake in her father’s old boat that we restored. Our best catch was a 6lb bass to go along with 4 catfish and a white perch. Had a blast.

View attachment 4399

I love fishing for catfish, but I’m not sure what you mean about yo-yos. Is that like a trotline?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
For some reason I don’t have a photo of it finished, but here’s what it looks like. All appendages remain attached, though i did drop a large piece of the melamine mold I built to form the tabletop. Smashed my left big toe to hell, but my toes apparently have Deadpool superpowers.

mxJmLRY.jpg
I really like that table. Nice work.

I intend to steal it next time you are on vacation.

nwlafrog

I love fishing for catfish, but I’m not sure what you mean about yo-yos. Is that like a trotline?

A yo-yo is an automatic reel that you bait and then tie off to a sturdy tree limb or nail to the tree itself. When a fish takes the bait it automatically sets the hook and yanks it up. Then you retrieve the fish. We set 12 yo-yos late last night and checked on them this morning. Retrieved our fish and re-set them. It’s a pretty fun hillbilly drinking sport.

Drive until you find some good looking trees which are an abundance on our lakes. Set yo-yo’s, fish with rods and drink until you hear a reel trigger. Drive to said reel and take your fish. Drink. Repeat

Purp

View attachment 4399
Caddo is a great lake for some wild life. My uncle used to take me out there with a seine. We caught a pretty large alligator gar in it once. Probably 3 foot long. Darner was large and pissed.

bleedpurple

A yo-yo is an automatic reel that you bait and then tie off to a sturdy tree limb or nail to the tree itself. When a fish takes the bait it automatically sets the hook and yanks it up. Then you retrieve the fish. We set 12 yo-yos late last night and checked on them this morning. Retrieved our fish and re-set them. It’s a pretty fun hillbilly drinking sport.

Drive until you find some good looking trees which are an abundance on our lakes. Set yo-yo’s, fish with rods and drink until you hear a reel trigger. Drive to said reel and take your fish. Drink. Repeat
Yeah. I’m game. When and where.

Latest posts