• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

SnoSki

If only y'all knew some of the things we had to deal with concerning this thread over the years. The time it was nearly deleted, the time it triggered an all out PM war, the time it was deleted (by accident) and I scrambled to find a backup, the time some previous posters tried to hijack it, the time it got banished to the general forum and I got an earful (wasn't me), the time Scott kept me up in Omaha reading nearly 100 pages trying to catch up and moderate... oh the stories.

Tempted to reply with that survivor gif

nwlafrog

Let us never forget the eve of March 15th, 2013.

120s8it.png

Bravo, sir. Bravo.

Edit - that would make a pretty kick arse t-shirt.

Last edited:

netty2424

If only y'all knew some of the things we had to deal with concerning this thread over the years. The time it was nearly deleted, the time it triggered an all out PM war, the time it was deleted (by accident) and I scrambled to find a backup, the time some previous posters tried to hijack it, the time it got banished to the general forum and I got an earful (wasn't me), the time Scott kept me up in Omaha reading nearly 100 pages trying to catch up and moderate... oh the stories.
Put together a hasmsp 30 for 30, including screen shots of said PM's. I bet those involved would get a laugh now. And those who knew Scott would appreciate seeing his responses.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
What time frame was this attempted hijacking? And what was the PM war all about?

I had no idea there was so much intrigue related to HASMSP. Figured it was just a place for jackasses like me to talk about nothing.

GeoFrog

I do get a little nerdy about geology. Most of our family road trips will include a stop at a cave or some state park where I am pointing out outcrops or fossils. Last week my 6th grader had a test on the Rock Cycle. I was helping her study and started pointing-out the errors in the terms they were using in her text book materials. I told her that they were wrong, but if she wants a good grade on her test, to just put down what they had.

Also, a few years back, they asked me to come talk to the class about geology. I baked a multi-layer cake using food coloring to show the different layers. I baked a small chocolate cake and hid it in the middle of the cake. Then in the class, I took a straw and took core samples around the cake, showing the kids the layers that came-out until we found a core sample with the chocolate (oil) layer. I don't know if they thought it was cool, or if they just wanted the cake, but it seemed to go over well.

nwlafrog

I do get a little nerdy about geology. Most of our family road trips will include a stop at a cave or some state park where I am pointing out outcrops or fossils. Last week my 6th grader had a test on the Rock Cycle. I was helping her study and started pointing-out the errors in the terms they were using in her text book materials. I told her that they were wrong, but if she wants a good grade on her test, to just put down what they had.

Also, a few years back, they asked me to come talk to the class about geology. I baked a multi-layer cake using food coloring to show the different layers. I baked a small chocolate cake and hid it in the middle of the cake. Then in the class, I took a straw and took core samples around the cake, showing the kids the layers that came-out until we found a core sample with the chocolate (oil) layer. I don't know if they thought it was cool, or if they just wanted the cake, but it seemed to go over well.

Wow, that’s really creative. Great idea.

Sticky_Wicket

Purple Baylor Alum
Put together a hasmsp 30 for 30, including screen shots of said PM's. I bet those involved would get a laugh now. And those who knew Scott would appreciate seeing his responses.

"What if I told you, they were more than license plates? That, sometimes, it is a matter of life and death? That likes are this nation's greatest resource? That no one can outrun the truth? That not all fans are created equal? That you can heal all wounds by [ Finebaum ]ting on Baylor?

Have you seen them? directed by TxFrog1999 Tuesday at 8 on ESPN part of ESPN FILMS 30 for 30 presented by Levi's."

30_for_30_Volume_I_logo.jpg

Last edited: