• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Basketball Tournament Thread

tcumaniac

Hate that people will remember Alex’s missed free throws as why we lost, bc he had a hell of a game overall.

But good God. Our FT shooting is darning pathetic. And that 6 or so minute stretch was ridiculous. So damn frustrating.

TooColdU

The only thing that helps thinking about this loss is that we will probably still get a better seed than K-State, unless they win the Big XII tournament.

Dogfrog

Our 5 seed team was beaten by 2 by the 4 seed team in OT in what was essentially a home game for the opponent. Disappointing we didn’t hold the lead but just didn’t get clutch shooting down the stretch. Arob’s Intentional miss on the 2nd FT was done perfectly but nobody crashed the boards!

We didn’t screw anything up that we didn’t screw up all season. I’m ok with this.

CountryFrog

We deserved to lose that game. Just played poorly all around.

We HAVE to figure out how to get Noi going again. And Robinson ... I just don’t understand how he’s so bad at free throws. I’m pretty sure I could shoot better than 60%, and I haven’t played basketball since high school. As soon as he was fouled I knew the game was over since there’s no way he makes both.
I'll go out on a limb and say that you can't make 60% of free throws over the course of an entire basketball season if you haven't played since high school. Unless high school for you was just last year.

CountryFrog

ABSOLUTELY LOVE that we should be making the tourney this year! LOVE IT!!

That said, some people are seriously smoking stuff if they think this team is making a run. I will enjoy that first round game though.
Depends on what you consider "a run.". If final four is what constitutes a run then you're right. If winning a couple games is a run then you'd be crazy to think that we can't do that.

I'm not saying we should or will but we absolutely CAN.

InstaFrog

Do we still make the NIT?

Seriously, for a team with the offensive numbers this one has, I see them settling late in too many games for half-hearted jumpers...That free-throw shooting will get you shown the door at the Dance.

On the bright side, especially considering the lack of depth, this team belongs in the Dance and hopefully JD turns this into a yearly foregone conclusion.

DickBumpastache

It was a brutal ending, but I don't know how any of this will have even the slightest impact on how we play next week. The positive to this is that we get a full week of rest.

I hope you’re right. We’ve been bad at closing out close games all year and we aren’t blowing anyone out in the Dance. Today was probably the worst example of it. Didn’t even make a FG in overtime.

Chico Dusty

I'll go out on a limb and say that you can't make 60% of free throws over the course of an entire basketball season if you haven't played since high school. Unless high school for you was just last year.

There is no way to prove it, but I totally disagree. Shooting a basketball is just like riding a bike. If you were once a very good shooter, it would only take a bit of warmup to shoot well again. Playing a game is a different story, but free throws, no

PurpleBlood87

Do we still make the NIT?

Seriously, for a team with the offensive numbers this one has, I see them settling late in too many games for half-hearted jumpers...That free-throw shooting will get you shown the door at the Dance.

On the bright side, especially considering the lack of depth, this team belongs in the Dance and hopefully JD turns this into a yearly foregone conclusion.

And so how when the clock is running down Robinson has the ball and throws up a shot hoping to at least hit the rim and maybe allow his teammates to grab a rebound.

For all TCU's offensive options, no one seemed to want to take a shot in the last five minutes of the game or in overtime. Other than Bane calling for the ball on the last possession in regulation.

arlington

I love this team and I’m beyond pumped with the progress they’ve made. But this is a SUPER frustrating team to watch.

Uhm have you seen Oklahoma play basketball? I love watching our well coached team play even when our FT and turnover problems rear their ugly heads up. You can still tell this team plays hard, is well coached and loves to play together that’s half the battle

MadFrog

In general, Robinson is a lousy shooter. He has been all year. Plus, he has way too many turnovers. I wonder why Noi and Miller have quit hitting their outside shots. Some of them are not even close. Even Vlad missed some FTs. Just an all around crappy shooting day. I hope we are not one and done in the NCAAs.

Latest posts