• The KillerFrogs

Fort Worth Regional discussion

TCUWIN

Some of you are big talkers who talk big behind a computer screen but are the biggest pusses. The Frogs won a tough regional but played average at best down the stretch...even uninspired sometimes. Traver and JJ pitched great. Howard was solid. DF showed signed of coming around. But a month ago, nobody knew what to expect...even the head coach who made a comment On a national radio show about not knowing how far this team can go, So all the name calling of Frog fans is stupid. Celebrate a tough regional win and hope the boys stay focused against mo state and keep improving so that something special might happen in Omaha. And quit acting better than someone else just because they may be more realistic about our teams.

CountryFrog

Some of you are big talkers who talk big behind a computer screen but are the biggest pusses. The Frogs won a tough regional but played average at best down the stretch...even uninspired sometimes. Traver and JJ pitched great. Howard was solid. DF showed signed of coming around. But a month ago, nobody knew what to expect...even the head coach who made a comment On a national radio show about not knowing how far this team can go, So all the name calling of Frog fans is stupid. Celebrate a tough regional win and hope the boys stay focused against mo state and keep improving so that something special might happen in Omaha. And quit acting better than someone else just because they may be more realistic about our teams.
Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. I'm shocked that Schloss didn't go on that radio show predicting a national championship though. Most coaches like to do that when they think they have a good team.

TooColdU

3002e70ae00eb887b472a7369cee71d8.jpg

At_symbol.jpg

11b0855aa369d2ac5ce00eeaf801bfb9.jpg

pgdaly84

Highlight of the night was being told by an 80-year-old DBU lady that we were the worst behaved fans she'd ever seen at a sporting event, even worse than UT fans. This was in the 3rd inning. I was stone sober, and nobody in our section was doing anything other than wooing, yelling, and stomping. It was very odd because she made a point to walk a full section to tell me this then went right back to her seat.

Frog-in-law1995

Highlight of the night was being told by an 80-year-old DBU lady that we were the worst behaved fans she'd ever seen at a sporting event, even worse than UT fans. This was in the 3rd inning. I was stone sober, and nobody in our section was doing anything other than wooing, yelling, and stomping. It was very odd because she made a point to walk a full section to tell me this then went right back to her seat.

She can't handle the woo.

tcumaniac

I'll rephrase that for you: Where are all the pussies who were bitching and moaning because they put Virginia in our regional?

I was one of them. UVA was a host worthy team that made our path to a super harder than it should have been for a nationally seeded team.

I'll tell you what though... Lupton magic is very, very real. Beating the frogs in Fort Worth is a very difficult task. Props to Schloss for creating the program we are today and getting fans to buy in. Easily one of the best home field atmospheres in the country.

TCUdirtbag

The Frogs always play well at Lupton. And the best part about Omaha is it's nobody's home (well, unless Creighton ever makes it). The Frogs did what they had to do to earn the national seed and right to play at home on the way to Omaha. They cashed in this weekend and need to do the same next -- we'll see what happens, but I like the Frogs' chances after seeing the starting pitching this weekend.

Opportunity next weekend to make this a perfect series-season at Lupton (Frogs haven't lost a home weekend series, and only lost 1 in each '16 and '15).

Bob

Did she see you smoking?

cdsfrog

I was in the middle. I thought we would win our regional but hadn't been playing well granted we had a slew of injuries. End of the day, our starters just shut down everyone. Bats were patient and excellent in game 3. I feel real good about the supers as well, granted our opponent is pretty damn good.

At the end of the day TCU baseball is so damn good it's ridiculous. The consistency of this program given the scholarships constraints is nuts. It's a testament to not only Schloss but one of the best if not the best staffs in the country. Oh and Lupton just kicks ass, insane home field advantage.