• The KillerFrogs

Who has a TCU class ring?

PurplFrawg

Administrator
photo2.jpg
photo3.jpg
photo.jpg

Mine looks similar to this. I dropped it off at a custom jeweler's and he is making a wax copy of it, which will then be made into a mold. The nice part is that the mold can be modified with different dates/degrees and recast any number of times. If any of you are interested in sharing some of the cost of the mold, and have a ring made, let me know...

Mine looks similar to this. I dropped it off at a custom jeweler's and he is making a wax copy of it, which will then be made into a mold. The nice part is that the mold can be modified with different dates/degrees and recast any number of times. If any of you are interested in sharing some of the cost of the mold, and have a ring made, let me know...

Is it like the one bumblebee has? What is on the sides?

YCBJ Frog

You are taking this out of context. I am speaking about TAMU and other schools in and around Texas, including TCU. I graduated in 2007 and I don't know of a single friend of mine who bought a TCU ring.

Comparing traditions of a school such as Harvard to TCU is a stretch at best.

I didn't compare TCU to Harvard you idiot. I simple used them as examples when people were bashing the existence of college rings at all.

Edit: actually it was a response to you because you dropped this beauty in regards to the kind of people that wear college rings:
It is an easy way to identify people as belonging to some back country brain washed cult type school.

Yeah, all those "back country brain washed cult types", from Ivy League schools.

I wasn't saying TCU belongs in the category of Ivy League schools because we have class rings (like nearly every school in the nation), just that your above statement is ludicrous. I think everyone else reading this knew that, except you. Maybe it's time you push away from the table and call it a day.

And I was also class of 2007 most of my friends got the TCU ring. My best friend didn't and spoke of wishing he had later.

NubomTurk

Tier 1
http://www.skiff.tcu...112602/com.html

According to that article, they went to a standard ring in 2002. I love the idea of everyone having the same ring. It provides a sense of unity.

But to be quite honest.... .I think our ring design is absolutely terrible.

I'll probably get one anyway... but I just wish the "ring committee" would have come up with a design that wasn't so damn blehhhh

Mrs. Turk says she'll loan you hers for a year. I figure it'll fit.

peacock

Now this is what a class ring should look like. It has style, plus clear TCU identity. Has distinction. Has history. Top-notch, unbeatable. (All of which means that this is the ring I got when I graduated, and while it spends a lot of time in the top drawer, it emerges from time to time for special occasions.)

agree 100% this is the best of the bunch...classy and distinctive and luckily I have one....do not like the new design looks like a pinky ring for an Albanian henchman......

jenschkec

I got a card in the mail the other day from Tcu saying it was time to order my class ring.

Who all on here has one?

What color is it?

Do you wear it?

Should I get one?

What is your opinion on the TCU class ring? Ugly? Good looking? Meh?

I have one. I was in the graduating class when they changed to the one style of ring.

It is white gold with the school crest on top.

I wear almost every day

I like it. Not to over the top like some of the other schools in this great state.

Power of Purple

Ticket Exchange Pass
I have one. Was a graduation gift from my parents when I finished. I wore it fairly often the first few years and now not so much. They look nice. Simple design with the TCU seal instead of a gaudy horrid looking high school ring.

horseman903

Two guys sitting in a plane.

One says to the other, "You must have gone to TCU. I see you're wearing a purple tie."

"Yes, I went to TCU and I see you went to A&M."

"How did you know?" said the Aggie.

"I saw your class ring when you were picking your nose."

But seriously, I had a class ring. Loved it but outgrew it and gave it to my son, who also graduated from TCU. He wears it all the time even though te year is wrong.

Buy one. Gold. Yellow gold.

YCBJ Frog

I got the one pictured in maniac's/mc1502's post in white gold. I basically wear it whenever I wear a suit, and I frequently get compliments.

StigFrog

I wear my dad's ring to football games. He passed away last October. His funeral was the day of the BYU game at Cowboy Stadium. My family went to the game with his ring in my pocket that night.
He graduated in 1962 after 8 years of night classes and when he could afford to after getting his GED in the Army.

Limp Lizard

Mine looks similar to PurpleFrawg's. Made by Haltom's. Got it for class of '70. Started with a black onyx, which broke after a few years. Now it has a purple stone.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
After some trial and error with the wax mold, the replacement class ring I ordered is done. The jeweler said they can use the same mold to make more, with modifications for your degree and graduation year. The cost would be in the neighborhood of $300 if you have some old gold to melt down and use to around $900 if they supply the gold. If you want to go high end with a diamond, that is possible as well.

http://Picture1336_

http://Picture1338_

http://Picture1338_

TCU2002

I graduated right before the universal design was introduced in 2002. i was able to choose from a variety of styles and I like way mine turned out.

I wore it very consistently for about 7-8 years. The main reason I stopped is that I lost weight and it now fits very loosely. I am afraid of it flying off, so it stays on the shelf.

Very glad I got one, and I would have probably purchased the one with standard design had that been in place during my era.