• The KillerFrogs

Pachall Failed Drug Test?

Hefley001

U.S.C. 552(b)6 is an exemption for personal identifying info (SSN, Addy, phone #), but is seldom ever used by the Special Counsel.

TCUdirtbag

I don't know what he's saying because I blocked our OSU troll a long time ago, but damn he has a lot of posts in this thread. Shouldn't he be off worrying about their freshman quarterback and how to win enough games to make a bowl?

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
No it's not. If you requested a FOIA police report, the only thing that is "blocked out" is SSN. Your address and phone # are listed there. It should be stricken from the report prior to release, but they're not.

Unless TCU360 in an independent entity not affiliated with the college it is in violation of releasing of a current student's personal records. If the FWST or the DMN want to release that fine.

researchfrog

Unless TCU360 in an independent entity not affiliated with the college it is in violation of releasing of a current student's personal records. If the FWST or the DMN want to release that fine.

How is the police report an educational record or a derivative thereof?

It isn't and the student-journalist has no problem. Patterson's statement should have been cleared and probably was based on the language used. .

Lone Frog

I freely admit I could be wrong about this (not being at all familiar with the current state of administration regulations), but I doubt a student's address and phone number fall under the rubric of personal records, which I expect would instead cover academic transcripts and the like. Things like address and phone number can be found out by anyone with a brain and a few minutes of free time.

Highly probable. Heard he wants to be 100% discredited as a journalist, fired from the S-T and pursue his dream of moving to Houston to be a junior accountant and post nonsense on KFC all day.

Not really sure what your angle (no pun) is here. I probably make more money then he does and I have been out of school 1 year :biggrin:

Seriously how much does a hack journalist make? I realize he also teaches at TCU, but I'm not going to count that. Plus adjuncts are way overpaid - or at least in the business school they are.

TxFrog1999

I freely admit I could be wrong about this (not being at all familiar with the current state of administration regulations), but I doubt a student's address and phone number fall under the rubric of personal records, which I expect would instead cover academic transcripts and the like. Things like address and phone number can be found out by anyone with a brain and a few minutes of free time.

In academia personal records include address and phone number. If TCU360 is part of TCU then they are also to abide by federal guidelines, especially the faculty advisor. The fact that they redacted the information after the fact shows that they know this was a mistake.

ftwfrog

I still chat with former (Robinson, Weeden, Blackmon, Anyiam) and current Cowboy and Naval Academy players. I've walked the sidelines of a few Navy games because of my friendships with players. They are men guys, not Hollywood celebs. You don't have to be a coward, just talk to them. You'll be suprised.
So do they ever,like, give you a high five or put their hand on your back? Or even better yet, your leg?? Tell me more.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
Hahahahahahahaha!!!! Ohhh my. Hahahahahahahahahaha!! I think i just [Craig James] my pants laughing at that post! Hahahahahaha! That's good that's really, hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Hahaahahahaha. Oh man. I missed that post. Without a doubt Bonner has to have the most or at least top 5 posts per day.

TxFrog1999

Just to clarify the federal guidelines protecting student privacy (FERPA) in regards to the release of directory information:

Schools may disclose, without consent, "directory" information such as a student's name, address, telephone number, date and place of birth, honors and awards, and dates of attendance. However, schools must tell parents and eligible students about directory information and allow parents and eligible students a reasonable amount of time to request that the school not disclose directory information about them.