• The KillerFrogs

Who has a TCU class ring?

NateTCU

If they were free like at A&M (built into annual fees) then yeah we would all have one and they would be a cool status symbol.

I was broke at graduation I did not get one and I don't regret it. It is not going to catch on and be widely popular unless they are free.

roddog

Banned
Ring.jpg

rings.jpg

those are fugly, surely there is more to choose from!

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Ugh, those are horrible looking. My wife and I both got a ring when we graduated, I wear mine from time to time but she wears hers everywhere.

Planks

TCU's ring design is horrible. I know students who are thinking about ordering their own custom TCU so they don't have to wear the terrible ones TCU designed.

Young and Horned

I had one. Lost it after abour 4 years. Miss it to this day. Will probably get another one at some point.

I recommend getting one. Think you will wear it a bit over the rest of your life. If you don't, it is still something you can keep on your shelf in your office.

AEAfrog

http://www.skiff.tcu.edu/Fall2002/112602/com.html

According to that article, they went to a standard ring in 2002. I love the idea of everyone having the same ring. It provides a sense of unity.

But to be quite honest.... .I think our ring design is absolutely terrible.

I'll probably get one anyway... but I just wish the "ring committee" would have come up with a design that wasn't so damn blehhhh

It grows on you. At first, I wished that it had someting more to it. Most other schools have these gaudy looking things that are only distinguishable from a high school ring once you get up close to them and can read the university name. TCU's ring is clean and fairly unique for schools in this part of the country.

Frogs01

I have one but I don't like the way it looks so I never wear it. I'm thinking about taking it to a jeweler and changing it up some.

Young and Horned

those are fugly, surely there is more to choose from!

rings.jpg

Tech has one that looks eactly the same. And then two other designs that look like the rings you get when you graduate from High School. Then again, when you graduate from Tech, you basically are graduating from High School again.

joejordan

My rules:

Wear a ring if you are married.

Wear an earring if you are homosexual, or a pirate.

Wear a bracelet if you are under arrest, or summer on the Jersey Shore.

Wear a necklace if you steal livestock, spit mad rhymes or need security clearance.

Wear an ankle bracelet if you are under house arrest.

tcumaniac

It grows on you. At first, I wished that it had someting more to it. Most other schools have these gaudy looking things that are only distinguishable from a high school ring once you get up close to them and can read the university name. TCU's ring is clean and fairly unique for schools in this part of the country.

Valid point. It's certainly unique in that it doesn't look like a class ring. It's just very girly IMO. I kinda like stuff being on the side. And no where on the ring does it say the year you graduated.

worthag03

If they were free like at A&M (built into annual fees) then yeah we would all have one and they would be a cool status symbol.

I was broke at graduation I did not get one and I don't regret it. It is not going to catch on and be widely popular unless they are free.

This is false, every ring was bought and paid for by the student. There was a myth that the former student foundation paid for half, but that is false as well. You can order your ring after completing something like 95 hours. I actually like the TCU ring, it's original and doesn't try to imitate the Aggie ring like Tech and t.u. do.