• The KillerFrogs

Wreck Em's response to Patterson's comments on Tech game

jake102

You arent even close. That was in direct response a question regarding tOSU

You can go out with roddy now.

You should probably read my posts before you think I'm siding with roddy. And if it was directly responding to tOSU, probably should have said we will play tOSU anytime, anywhere.

Houston put it well when he said that it's just a phrase that is used. Personally, I'd prefer if CDC had never said it but it's obviously not relevant to the Wisconsin game.

NubomTurk

Tier 1
It's kind of like when a business uses the slogan, "The customer is always right"…. obviously, the customer isn't always right, that would be ridiculous. If the customer wants to kill the manager, he is not actually allowed to kill the manager. But "The customer is always right" is a lot catchier slogan than "The customer is right within reason, but obviously, if they suggest something ridiculous, they aren't right".

In this instance, we will play "anybody, anytime, anywhere" unless we already have a game schedule for that exact date. Some things are so obvious, they don't even need to be said (except apparently to Tech grads). This is one of those cases.

This is just another example of TCU chickening out of stuff. In a much less publicized remark, Tuberville said that he offered to play TCU this Thursday on the surface of the planet Mercury. He even offered to play in the "temperate zone" between the night side and the day side. According to Tubs, Patterson just stared at him, shook his head sadly, and walked away, muttering something under his breath that sounded a lot like, "dust-chewing, feedlot-smelling lunatic."

"Anyplace, any time," huh? Cowards.

Deep Purple

google, tcu refuses to play wisconsin, but im sure you will find a way to call these articles a fluke!

Quoting a little selectively, aren't we? I mean, you jerk a few sentences out of context and ignore the statements contained in the very same links you posted that explain the rationale of those decisions.

This, gentlemen, is what is know at Texas Tech as "intellectual honesty." Or perhaps "intellectual desparation." At Tech, they're apparently one and the same.

You've sunk to a new low, frauddog.

Deep Purple

so anybody, anytime, anywhere is a bluff?

It was genuine. And it was made in reply to Ohio State, not Wisconsin.

We've already beaten Wisconsin. We haven't had a crack at Ohio State in a long time.

But then, you already knew that. Eternally posturing frauddog.

roddog

Banned

It was genuine. And it was made in reply to Ohio State, not Wisconsin.

We've already beaten Wisconsin. We haven't had a crack at Ohio State in a long time.

But then, you already knew that. Eternally posturing frauddog.

now i see it was possibly directed at grambling state!

Deep Purple

now i see it was possibly directed at grambling state!
Grambling State is part of the shuffling we had to do when Texas Tech wimped out and left us with a hole in our schedule -- for the second consecutive year!

texastechpansies.jpg

Deep Purple

then all i can say is they did a piss poor job of shuffling!

When schedules are set years in advance, we didn't have much choice. Anyway, It could have been worse. We could have deliberately dropped a quality opponent to opt for scheduling Texas State and New Mexico.

roddog

Banned
When schedules are set years in advance, we didn't have much choice. Anyway, It could have been worse. We could have deliberately dropped a quality opponent to opt for scheduling Texas State and New Mexico.

well i guess it is worse then when you play new mexico types week in and out in your own conference!

Deep Purple

well i guess it is worse then when you play new mexico types week in and out in your own conference!
We don't play New Mexico-types week-in and week-out. We also play Utah and BYU and Air Force and Boise State-types. But when New Mexico-types are in your conference, you have no choice but to play them. Much like Tech is forced to play Baylor and Kansas State and Iowa State-types.

Texas Tech had a choice when it came to playing New Mexico and Texas State-types vs. TCU-types. We saw which way they opted to go -- twice.

Froglaw

so im supposed to be amazed that tcu over the last 6 years has scheduled the caliber of talent that tech has to play every single year?

and virginia at virginia, the 3-9 virginia, lmao, i went to that game, cavs were begging tcu to win so they could get rid of their coach, and tech has beaten uva within the last 6 years, and a much much better uva team in the gator bowl, beat clemson as well, surely you could have made a better argument counselor!

Geez Dog, Tech lost to TCU 12 to 3 with that vaunted Leach offense.

You are still a joke.

Tomorrow, I'll still be practicing law and watching TCU gear up for another run at an undefeated season.

You my Tech friend will still be a jerk, a graduate from a University located in Lubbock, Texas, a fan of a team about to be left twisting in the wind when the best teams leave the Big 12 for the SEC, et al., and still hanging out on this board as the token Red Raider who takes the high ground, ignores the truth, and will never admit he's just plain wrong.

Again, enjoy your trip to the Land of the Lost (12 - 3 baby)!

roddog

Banned
Geez Dog, Tech lost to TCU 12 to 3 with that vaunted Leach offense.

You are still a joke.

Tomorrow, I'll still be practicing law and watching TCU gear up for another run at an undefeated season.

You my Tech friend will still be a jerk, a graduate from a University located in Lubbock, Texas, a fan of a team about to be left twisting in the wind when the best teams leave the Big 12 for the SEC, et al., and still hanging out on this board as the token Red Raider who takes the high ground, ignores the truth, and will never admit he's just plain wrong.

Again, enjoy your trip to the Land of the Lost (12 - 3 baby)!

another solid argument :wacko: