• The KillerFrogs

Wreck Em's response to Patterson's comments on Tech game

michaelperrytcu

Not sure how this thread got to 10 pages long. The facts are facts: Tech sissied out of the game because TCU was too difficult a test for them. Enough said.

Any conference/attendance/recruiting trash talk is pretty irrelevant to that fact.

+1 Pretty much sums it up right there. Roddog is very good at arguing the fine details and finding flaws in the logic of other posters, which cleverly distracts the big picture of the debate: see SnowSkiDrew's post above.

roddog

Banned
As usual, you say this but never provide links when challenged. Same BS from rodclog.

google, tcu refuses to play wisconsin, but im sure you will find a way to call these articles a fluke!

first article it pulls up:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/09/tcu-says-no-to-2011-rematch-with-wisconsin/

Bielema, wanting to get another swing at TCU, could barely contain his enthusiasm.
Del Conte? Yeah, not so much.
In hindsight, I believe Del Conte’s quote actually read “Anytime. Anyplace. Anywhere… provided it works for us.”

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=6106632

"I would definitely love the challenge to play them again," Bielema said on the show. "And really, I thought it would be a great sell with our folks. Unfortunately, TCU wasn't as excited about the matchup."

TCU athletic director Chris Del Conte on Wednesday confirmed that a third party approached him about playing the Sept. 3 season opener at Wisconsin's Camp Randall Stadium. Del Conte also confirmed that he declined the offer.

http://www.thebestdamnpoll.com/Default.aspx?tabid=112&g=posts&m=371847

TCU turns down offer to play Wisconsin..

http://kegsneggsblog.com/2011/02/09/tcu-vs-wisconsin-2-0-is-a-no-go/

A 3rd party contacted TCU athletic director Chris Del Conte on the possibility of playing at Wisconsin to open next season. The caveat was the fact that it would be a one-time thing and not a home-and home. TCU wasn’t thrilled with this and turned it down rather quickly.

plenty more if you know how to use a computer and google!

Houston Frog

google, tcu refuses to play wisconsin, but im sure you will find a way to call these articles a fluke!

http://collegefootba...with-wisconsin/

Bielema, wanting to get another swing at TCU, could barely contain his enthusiasm.
In hindsight, I believe Del Conte's quote actually read "Anytime. Anyplace. Anywhere… provided it works for us."

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=6106632

"I would definitely love the challenge to play them again," Bielema said on the show. "And really, I thought it would be a great sell with our folks. Unfortunately, TCU wasn't as excited about the matchup."

TCU athletic director Chris Del Conte on Wednesday confirmed that a third party approached him about playing the Sept. 3 season opener at Wisconsin's Camp Randall Stadium. Del Conte also confirmed that he declined the offer.

http://www.thebestda...=posts&m=371847

http://kegsneggsblog...2-0-is-a-no-go/

A 3rd party contacted TCU athletic director Chris Del Conte on the possibility of playing at Wisconsin to open next season. The caveat was the fact that it would be a one-time thing and not a home-and home. TCU wasn't thrilled with this and turned it down rather quickly.

Yes, we agreed that we turned down a one and done AT the home of the team we JUST beat, as we should have. Talk about a slap in the face. "Hey, I realize y'all just beat us, so we figured you should come to our place and give us another crack. No we will not give you a return game"

I can't believe they even had the audacity to even request that.

Eff off, Badgers

macaroni

Rod, backing out of a scheduled game is completely different than never agreeing to a game in the first place. Of course Wisky would like a one-and-done with us - they're not idiots and neither are we. Which has absolutely nothing to do with Tech breaking their contract with TCU and their coach publicly admitting that they weren't ready to play a team like TCU. Next time your people should just assume that TCU will be better and not make the deal in the first place.

jake102

Yes, we agreed that we turned down a one and done AT the home of the team we JUST beat, as we should have. Talk about a slap in the face. "Hey, I realize y'all just beat us, so we figured you should come to our place and give us another crack. No we will not give you a return game"

The only thing that looks bad is that CDC said just a few week sprevoiusly that we would play anybody, anytime, anywhere or something to that effect. Wisconsin was smart enough (or just bitter) and called our bluff and threw out the only scenario that we absolutely couldn't even begin to agree to.

SuperToad

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/09/tcu-says-no-to-2011-rematch-with-wisconsin/

In hindsight, I believe Del Conte’s quote actually read “Anytime. Anyplace. Anywhere… provided it works for us.”

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=6106632

http://www.thebestdamnpoll.com/Default.aspx?tabid=112&g=posts&m=371847

http://kegsneggsblog.com/2011/02/09/tcu-vs-wisconsin-2-0-is-a-no-go/

A 3rd party contacted TCU athletic director Chris Del Conte on the possibility of playing at Wisconsin to open next season. The caveat was the fact that it would be a one-time thing and not a home-and home. TCU wasn’t thrilled with this and turned it down rather quickly.

Again, why would we want to play a team we just beat, who is not willing to agree to our terms? Not to mention we don't back out of games that have already been scheduled, because we keep to our word. It's what good people do.

BTW, how is this relevant to TTU backing out 2 years in a row?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

In hindsight, I believe Del Conte's quote actually read "Anytime. Anyplace. Anywhere… provided it works for us."

A 3rd party contacted TCU athletic director Chris Del Conte on the possibility of playing at Wisconsin to open next season. The caveat was the fact that it would be a one-time thing and not a home-and home. TCU wasn't thrilled with this and turned it down rather quickly.

Learn to read the articles rodclog. We know we turned down their "offer." Quit being a Red Snapper. Oh, you can't. You are a fan of the Texas Tech Red Snappers. \"/

Call me when Auburn agrees to cancel their home opener against Utah State so they can go play AT Oregon.
wacko.gif

The fact that roddog can't comprehend something as simple as us not wanting to back out of a scheduled game against Baylor, who is 90 miles away and whom we've had a tradition of playing over 100 times, in order to play a team that we just beat in our last game, is not exactly a stunning revelation.

Deep Purple

He doesn't want to provide the links because they would expose his selective storytelling. Rod has only been telling part of the story, and he knows it. The links provide the part he has been deliberately omitting in order to achieve the particular spin he wants. Here's the part he doesn't want included:

However, [Del Conte] said his lack of interest in the game had little to do with a lack of excitement at the prospect of playing the Badgers again, but rather that the one-time meeting would not produce a return game in Fort Worth.

"We already have Baylor for our opening game," Del Conte said. "A team supposedly Wisconsin played last year doesn't want to go back there. A third party was shopping the game around to other teams. I have no interest in playing a one-[time] game."

ESPN, 2/10/11

It would be a one-time game and not a home-and-home series.

NBC Sports "College Football Talk," 2/9/11

TCU took a bit of a beating in the court of public opinion this week when Badgers coach Bret Bielema casually mentioned on a radio show that he had been approached by a third party to play the Horned Frogs in Madison in 2011. TCU turned down the "offer." Words like "rematch" and "ducking" entered the conversation on the always level-headed Worldwide Interweb. It wasn't a true rematch in that Wisconsin wasn't willing to return the game. There was no ducking because, in truth, TCU's schedule is about to be finalized. The public just doesn't know about it yet. [...] TCU is at a level now that it doesn't have to take one-off games on the road. It has future home-and-homes scheduled with Oklahoma, Virginia, LSU and Arkansas.

CBS Sports, Dennis Dodd, 2/10/11

TCU turned the offer down, mainly for the reason of the lack of a return game, but negotiations never got as far as the TCU AD speaking with his counterpart at Wisconsin.

Badger coach Brett Bielima, sounding every bit the homer, knowing the tremendous disadvantage TCU would be placed in, said "I would definitely love the challenge to play them again, and really, I thought it would be a great sell with our folks. Unfortunately, TCU wasn't as excited about the matchup." Really, Bielima? Then why not go to their house or offer a reasonal return date? You're the one who lost last time. If you want the rematch, make the effort.

Track-em Tigers (Auburn Football blog), 2/15/11

TCU declined the offer for several reasons, Del Conte said.

"We just played Wisconsin at a neutral site," Del Conte said, referring to the Horned Frogs' 21-19 Rose Bowl victory Jan. 1. "We do one-off games if they make the most sense. This did not make any sense with a one-off game in their back yard, but we had no return game."

Del Conte said TCU never discussed the idea with Wisconsin officials, but it never had traction because a return trip by the Badgers to Fort Worth was not part of the deal.

"I have no interest in ever playing a one-off game unless there is a return game in Fort Worth," he said. "But we are always engaged in opportunities with home and home."

Dallas Morning News, 2/9/11

Roddog is once again exposed for the fraud he is.

NubomTurk

Tier 1
He doesn't want to provide the links because they would expose his selective storytelling. Rod has only been telling part of the story, and he knows it. The links provide the part he has been deliberately omitting in order to achieve the particular spin he wants. Here's the part he doesn't want included:

However, [Del Conte] said his lack of interest in the game had little to do with a lack of excitement at the prospect of playing the Badgers again, but rather that the one-time meeting would not produce a return game in Fort Worth.

"We already have Baylor for our opening game," Del Conte said. "A team supposedly Wisconsin played last year doesn't want to go back there. A third party was shopping the game around to other teams. I have no interest in playing a one-[time] game."

ESPN, 2/10/11

It would be a one-time game and not a home-and-home series.

NBC Sports "College Football Talk," 2/9/11

TCU took a bit of a beating in the court of public opinion this week when Badgers coach Bret Bielema casually mentioned on a radio show that he had been approached by a third party to play the Horned Frogs in Madison in 2011. TCU turned down the "offer." Words like "rematch" and "ducking" entered the conversation on the always level-headed Worldwide Interweb. It wasn't a true rematch in that Wisconsin wasn't willing to return the game. There was no ducking because, in truth, TCU's schedule is about to be finalized. The public just doesn't know about it yet. [...] TCU is at a level now that it doesn't have to take one-off games on the road. It has future home-and-homes scheduled with Oklahoma, Virginia, LSU and Arkansas.

CBS Sports, Dennis Dodd, 2/10/11

TCU turned the offer down, mainly for the reason of the lack of a return game, but negotiations never got as far as the TCU AD speaking with his counterpart at Wisconsin.

Badger coach Brett Bielima, sounding every bit the homer, knowing the tremendous disadvantage TCU would be placed in, said "I would definitely love the challenge to play them again, and really, I thought it would be a great sell with our folks. Unfortunately, TCU wasn't as excited about the matchup." Really, Bielima? Then why not go to their house or offer a reasonal return date? You're the one who lost last time. If you want the rematch, make the effort.

Track-em Tigers (Auburn Football blog), 2/15/11

TCU declined the offer for several reasons, Del Conte said.

"We just played Wisconsin at a neutral site," Del Conte said, referring to the Horned Frogs' 21-19 Rose Bowl victory Jan. 1. "We do one-off games if they make the most sense. This did not make any sense with a one-off game in their back yard, but we had no return game."

Del Conte said TCU never discussed the idea with Wisconsin officials, but it never had traction because a return trip by the Badgers to Fort Worth was not part of the deal.

"I have no interest in ever playing a one-off game unless there is a return game in Fort Worth," he said. "But we are always engaged in opportunities with home and home."

Dallas Morning News, 2/9/11

Roddog is once again exposed for the fraud he is.

You poor, deluded fool. Do you actually think that well-documented facts are going to slow roddog down even a little bit?

roddog

Banned
The only thing that looks bad is that CDC said just a few week sprevoiusly that we would play anybody, anytime, anywhere or something to that effect. Wisconsin was smart enough (or just bitter) and called our bluff and threw out the only scenario that we absolutely couldn't even begin to agree to.

so anybody, anytime, anywhere is a bluff?

Froglaw

so anybody, anytime, anywhere is a bluff?

Rod, how g@y are you?????

Where did you even get the "anybody, anytime, anywhere" stuff????

Six years ago till last season, yep, we played OU up in Norman, ut in Austin with a freshman offensive back field, Tech out in the Forbidden Zone (ala Planet of the Red Apes), Baylor in Wacko, Virginia in Virginia, Clemson in Clemson, etc.

TCU split with OU and lost to ut after leading through 3/4th's of the game.

I don't see Tech going out of conference and playing that caliber of competition. Heck, nobody does that except Notre Dame, Fresno State, and now, BYU.

TCU just won the Rose Bowl. That is a BC$ game (Tech played in the Ticket City Bowl - I understand that the four people who watched the game on TV thoroughly enjoyed switching over to watch the Brady Bunch Marathon on TBS).

TCU does not do one and done series anymore. Maybe, some day, TCU will again. However, TCU does not need to go to Clemson or Wisconsin to prove anything. The Frogs record against BC$ opponents speaks for itself.

The original intent of the post was to question why Tech backed out of a series with TCU. Not just a game, but the entire series.

The comment by your fellow Raider was that Tech "owns" TCU.

Funny, last time TCU met with Tech the final score was TCU 12 Tech 3.

Maybe math is different on the Caprock. Then again, maybe Tech fans prefer to live in the past.

A friend of mine has a 12 year old son. During his lifetime, TCU has missed playing in a bowl game once (2004) and beaten OU, Tech, Baylor, Clemson, Virginia, Wisconsin, Stanford, Utah, BYU, Air Force in a near blizzard, Iowa State, Boise State, USC, and a cast of other teams.

How can anyone with a working knowledge of college football question TCU's drive to achieve and play top ranked teams?

Oh, yes, you are from Tech and logic just does not have its place on the Caprock.

Enjoy your stay in the football waste land known as Raider town!!!!

Enjoy your extra game against Iowa State!!!!!

But don't drag TCU into an argument about who plays who.

TCU was willing to join the Big 12 in 1995. Tech left TCU. Not the other way around.

Suddenly, TCU is to blame for Tech playing in a league that Nebraska and Colorado wanted to leave?

Soon, with ATM, OU, OSU, and ut heading to greener pastures, that bi-annual trip to TCU's new Amon G. Carter Stadium will look pretty good.

I'm sure UTEP would be willing to play the Raiders in a home and home. Assuming that the Miner's let Tech join the western division of CUSA!!!!

TCU 12 TECH 3!!!!!! Still the final score no matter how much you wish to change the subject.

JugbandFrog

Six years ago till last season, yep, we played OU up in Norman, ut in Austin with a freshman offensive back field, Tech out in the Forbidden Zone (ala Planet of the Red Apes), Baylor in Wacko, Virginia in Virginia, Clemson in Clemson, etc.

TCU split with OU and lost to ut after leading through 3/4th's of the game.

I don't see Tech going out of conference and playing that caliber of competition. Heck, nobody does that except Notre Dame, Fresno State, and now, BYU.

TCU just won the Rose Bowl. That is a BC$ game (Tech played in the Ticket City Bowl - I understand that the four people who watched the game on TV thoroughly enjoyed switching over to watch the Brady Bunch Marathon on TBS).

TCU does not do one and done series anymore. Maybe, some day, TCU will again. However, TCU does not need to go to Clemson or Wisconsin to prove anything. The Frogs record against BC$ opponents speaks for itself.

The original intent of the post was to question why Tech backed out of a series with TCU. Not just a game, but the entire series.

The comment by your fellow Raider was that Tech "owns" TCU.

Funny, last time TCU met with Tech the final score was TCU 12 Tech 3.

Maybe math is different on the Caprock. Then again, maybe Tech fans prefer to live in the past.

A friend of mine has a 12 year old son. During his lifetime, TCU has missed playing in a bowl game once (2004) and beaten OU, Tech, Baylor, Clemson, Virginia, Wisconsin, Stanford, Utah, BYU, Air Force in a near blizzard, Iowa State, Boise State, USC, and a cast of other teams.

How can anyone with a working knowledge of college football question TCU's drive to achieve and play top ranked teams?

Oh, yes, you are from Tech and logic just does not have its place on the Caprock.

Enjoy your stay in the football waste land known as Raider town!!!!

Enjoy your extra game against Iowa State!!!!!

But don't drag TCU into an argument about who plays who.

TCU was willing to join the Big 12 in 1995. Tech left TCU. Not the other way around.

Suddenly, TCU is to blame for Tech playing in a league that Nebraska and Colorado wanted to leave?

Soon, with ATM, OU, OSU, and ut heading to greener pastures, that bi-annual trip to TCU's new Amon G. Carter Stadium will look pretty good.

I'm sure UTEP would be willing to play the Raiders in a home and home. Assuming that the Miner's let Tech join the western division of CUSA!!!!

TCU 12 TECH 3!!!!!! Still the final score no matter how much you wish to change the subject.

Yes! In the face!

stevenewilson

You make my point for me.

"The caveat was the fact that it would be a one-time thing and not a home-and home."

I rest my case.

Mike Brooks

You arent even close. That was in direct response a question regarding tOSU

You can go out with roddy now.

Houston Frog

It's kind of like when a business uses the slogan, "The customer is always right"…. obviously, the customer isn't always right, that would be ridiculous. If the customer wants to kill the manager, he is not actually allowed to kill the manager. But "The customer is always right" is a lot catchier slogan than "The customer is right within reason, but obviously, if they suggest something ridiculous, they aren't right".

In this instance, we will play "anybody, anytime, anywhere" unless we already have a game schedule for that exact date. Some things are so obvious, they don't even need to be said (except apparently to Tech grads). This is one of those cases.

roddog

Banned

so im supposed to be amazed that tcu over the last 6 years has scheduled the caliber of talent that tech has to play every single year?

and virginia at virginia, the 3-9 virginia, lmao, i went to that game, cavs were begging tcu to win so they could get rid of their coach, and tech has beaten uva within the last 6 years, and a much much better uva team in the gator bowl, beat clemson as well, surely you could have made a better argument counselor!