• The KillerFrogs

Who’s Next? AD Search Thread.

TCUdirtbag

Luck would be a home run if possible. I imagine that we’ll probably go for someone like CDC circa 2009.

Maybe. But we were a mountain west school with limited resources, crappy facilities and maybe the worst d1 basketball program in the country. This will be a very different search with what could be a very different pool of candidates.

Chongo94

Why would Luck be a home run? Not disagreeing, just don't know much about him other than "little sisters of the poor!"

I don't know if he'd be a home run but he has been involved in many facets of sports management from the college level to professional. He's a former player and his son plays so he can probably understand player concerns better than others. He has seemed to be a good fundraiser as well. He's familiar with Texas having lived here a long time. And he has his JD, which could prove helpful.

That said, no idea who will be the next AD.

froggrad08

I don’t know much about our interim AD. What experience background does he have? I’m all about promoting from within if qualified.

Purp

I don't know if he'd be a home run but he has been involved in many facets of sports management from the college level to professional. He's a former player and his son plays so he can probably understand player concerns better than others. He has seemed to be a good fundraiser as well. He's familiar with Texas having lived here a long time. And he has his JD, which could prove helpful.

That said, no idea who will be the next AD.
I agree. I think he's infinitely qualified. I think dirtbag hit on a good point earlier too and that is the pool of candidates is likely much larger and much better qualified than the ones we were looking at 9 years ago. I really have no worries that we'll end up with someone at least as good a fit as Luck could be.

Cultural fit will be the most critical factor in the evaluation of candidates and that's not necessarily something you'll find on a resume. The guy we end up hiring could well end up being less qualified on paper, but far better for us than someone with more skins on the wall. I trust our administration to find the right guy.

TCUdirtbag

I trust Boschini and the Board with this search. Remember, as CDC always said, when Morrison left they put three insane goals in front of CDC sand other candidate: (1) keep Patterson, (2) rebuild AGCS, (3) get TCU into a BCS league.

I have no doubt this search will be just as intentional and well thought out and we will see exceptional candidates and a great hire.

Purp

I don’t know much about our interim AD. What experience background does he have? I’m all about promoting from within if qualified.
I think the thing that qualifies him best is that he's been around and seen how things work here in a way no outsider could. That's a huge advantage IMO.

froggrad08

Far fetched but if I recall Chris has a connection to Bama AD Greg Byrne...is there enough money in the world to lure him away?

Last edited:

TCUdirtbag

Donati’s current title since 2016 is “Deputy AD,” though he’s had a bunch of roles at TCU since 2011 (Associate AD and Associate VC for Athletics Development 2013 to 2016, and Executive Director of TCU Frog Club 2011-2013). He’s a sports lawyer and was a general counsel and NFL player agent out in CA. He did a brief stint at Arizona in athletics marketing and development prior to law school.

I don’t know much about him other than CDC and admin seem to really like him. I’m sure he’ll be a candidate, but I doubt he’ll be the sole candidate.

TCUdirtbag

Why not bring Danny back. He was good when he was here and Just stepped down from the pro position with Carolina.

The college athletics world he left is nothing like what it is today. So much has changed since 2009 and he’s not a young man anymore. Probably not a good fit for either party.

Latest posts