• The KillerFrogs

Where the Heck is DirtBag? TCU v osu GDT Saturday Edition

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Bottom of the 6th:

Baker singled to left field (2-1 BKB).
Watson reached on a fielding error by RF, advanced to second (1-2 KBK); Baker advanced to third.
Brown grounded out to 2B, RBI (2-0 BB); Watson advanced to third; Baker scored, unearned. (1)
Barzilli lined into double play P to 3B (0-0); Watson out on the play. (2) (3)

Currently:
OSU 5
TCU 5

Last edited:

Punter1

What is it that you want from him? Saved Barz from an E in the 1st. I'd prefer that we not throw behind a runner that isn't fast and if we can't help ourselves perhaps not spike it in front of him. There's more to LB playing 1B (which he most certainly can) than just a decision for today or even this season.

I know that we all adore ML and I am among those. His glove may be better at 1B than others but let's not pretend that his bat is something that needs to be in the lineup daily. His story last season was great in part because his freshman campaign was frigid cold. He is batting .200 with 10 ABs and 5 Ks. Maybe with more ABs he gets in a groove but I'd prefer that we have his bat off the bench and his glove for a late inning defensive replacement. Just my opinion

I've been beating the Landestoy drum for a month at least for 3. reasons.

1. Luken Baker and CW suck at 1st.
2. Landestoy couldn't be any worse then CW at the plate.
3. I also think Baker is taking his glove to the plate with him.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Top of the 7th:

LAST PLAY: Cash lined out to CF (2-1 BBK). (1)
Benge walked (3-2 BBBKKFB).
McCain singled through the right side (0-1 K); Benge advanced to second.
Littell grounded out to 3B (0-1 K); McCain advanced to second; Benge advanced to third. (2)
Rosa struck out swinging (1-2 BFSS). (3)

Currently:
OSU 5
TCU 5

Last edited:

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Bottom of the 7th:

Merrill struck out swinging (2-2 KFBBS). (1)
SUBSTITUTION: Ingraham pinch hit for Wanhanen.
Ingraham struck out swinging (1-2 KBKS). (2)
Wade walked (3-2 BFFBFBB).
Warner singled to center field (0-0); Wade advanced to second.
Skoug singled up the middle, RBI (1-2 FFB); Warner advanced to second, out at third CF to 3B; Wade scored. (3)

Currently:
OSU 5
TCU 6

Last edited:

Latest posts