• The KillerFrogs

Where the Heck is DirtBag? TCU v osu GDT Saturday Edition

Pharm Frog

I'm not really happy with Baker at 1st, to be honest

What is it that you want from him? Saved Barz from an E in the 1st. I'd prefer that we not throw behind a runner that isn't fast and if we can't help ourselves perhaps not spike it in front of him. There's more to LB playing 1B (which he most certainly can) than just a decision for today or even this season.

I know that we all adore ML and I am among those. His glove may be better at 1B than others but let's not pretend that his bat is something that needs to be in the lineup daily. His story last season was great in part because his freshman campaign was frigid cold. He is batting .200 with 10 ABs and 5 Ks. Maybe with more ABs he gets in a groove but I'd prefer that we have his bat off the bench and his glove for a late inning defensive replacement. Just my opinion

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
What is it that you want from him? Saved Barz from an E in the 1st. I'd prefer that we not throw behind a runner that isn't fast and if we can't help ourselves perhaps not spike it in front of him. There's more to LB playing 1B (which he most certainly can) than just a decision for today or even this season.

I know that we all adore ML and I am among those. His glove may be better at 1B than others but let's not pretend that his bat is something that needs to be in the lineup daily. His story last season was great in part because his freshman campaign was frigid cold. He is batting .200 with 10 ABs and 5 Ks. Maybe with more ABs he gets in a groove but I'd prefer that we have his bat off the bench and his glove for a late inning defensive replacement. Just my opinion

My mind is made up. Don't try to confuse me with facts! :confused::cool:

TX_Krötenechse

I hear you, and I don't disagree with any of that, I just feel like Baker is a little out of position. Just a moment ago even the commentators mentioned he's still learning the position - I feel like a quicker and more polished baseman would be an asset there. Not sure who that should be, since Landestoy isn't the answer on offense, I just think we can do better.

That said, as Baker continues to learn, I'm sure he'll get better and better. I hope so, anyway.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
To the bottom of the 5th: (Tron's favorite place)

Wade grounded out to SS (0-0). (1)
Warner grounded out to p, bunt (1-0 B). (2)
Skoug popped up to 2B (0-1 K). (3)

Currently:
OSU 0
TCU 4

Pharm Frog

I've asked this before: Did LB play 1b during the Purple-White games and other simulations in the Fall and early Spring? I really don't recall from the stuff I read. And if Armadillo answers this question, I will reply with a sincere "thank you" (and that goes for anyone else BTW).

Pharm Frog

Wade very uncharacteristically attacks the first pitch and grounds out. That's at least three innings out of 5 that we've made the first out on one pitch. And then Warner apparently wants to practice that which we will not do as he bunts himself into an easy out. And Skoug pops up to end it. Five pitch inning. That was a really bad inning for 1-2-3 hole hitters.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Top of the 6th:

Cash singled to center field (2-2 BFFB).
Cash stole second.
Benge walked (3-2 BSSBBB).
McCain hit by pitch (1-1 BS); Benge advanced to second; Cash advanced to third.
Littell singled through the left side, 2 RBI (1-1 SB); McCain advanced to second, advanced to third on a throwing error by LF; Benge scored; Cash scored.
Rosa walked (3-1 BBFBB); Littell advanced to second, McCain advanced to third
Williams, D. reached on a fielder's choice (1-1 FB); Rosa advanced to second; Littell advanced to third; McCain out at home 3B to C. (1)
Cabbiness tripled to right center, 2 RBI (3-2 BBBKK); Williams, D. advanced to third, out at home RF to 2B to c; Rosa scored; Littell scored. (2)
Simpson, C. reached on a fielding error by 1B; Cabbiness scored, unearned.
Sluder flied out to CF (1-0 B). (3)

Currently:
OSU 5
TCU 4

Last edited: