• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

jack the frog

I enjoyed 3 Body Problem. Just a real cool concept. Excited to see where it goes in the coming seasons.

I give the idea for the show a 10/10. Give the execution an 8/10.
I need to come at it again. I became distracted during E1 and faded away. Reviews are pretty good. Think I’ll start over.
Also, Ripley on NF is real solid. Started a bit slow with some character development but ended strong.

PurpleBlood87

I happened upon a channel called IFC this morning as it was showing the first episodes of Night Court (the original). Funny, clever, touching. So well-written.
IFC is an American basic cable channel owned by AMC Networks. Launched in 1994 as the Independent Film Channel, a spin-off of former sister channel Bravo, IFC originally operated as a commercial-free service, devoted to showing independent films without interruption.

Cougar/Frog

I enjoyed 3 Body Problem. Just a real cool concept. Excited to see where it goes in the coming seasons.

I give the idea for the show a 10/10. Give the execution an 8/10.
If you don't mind subtitles, Amazon has the Chinese version. I liked it better overall, but it would be better if edited down and dubbed.

tcudoc

I watched the first four episodes of “Shrinking” last night. It has Jason Segal and Han Solo and a good supporting cast. Reminds me a bit of the Ricky Gervais show that has been discussed here called “Afterlife.”
It has some pretty morbid topics, but deals with them comedically and does a great job thus far.

Ron Swanson

I watched the first four episodes of “Shrinking” last night. It has Jason Segal and Han Solo and a good supporting cast. Reminds me a bit of the Ricky Gervais show that has been discussed here called “Afterlife.”
It has some pretty morbid topics, but deals with them comedically and does a great job thus far.
Shrinking is very well done. I liked it a lot

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Movies I've watched these days:

Remember that great movie "Air" about Nike and Michael Jordan?

Well, Jerry Seinfeld's new movie "Unfrosted" about the origin of Pop Tarts is the opposite. Absolutely unwatchable. Rated a 0 on my pee break scale, because I bailed on it way before nature called. Brainless farce.

To cleanse my movie palate, I've re-watched:

"In Harm's Way". John Wayne at his greatest.

"12 O'Clock High". Covers same daylight precision bombing on Nazi Germany as "Masters of the Air", but was such a good movie it was used in the Air Force's professional military education program for many years for the leadership lessons it taught.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041996/

"Fail Safe". Accidental nuclear war possible?

"Seven Days in May". A military coup possible?

Oh, and I'm also binging every episode of "FantomWorks".

Last edited:

Chongo94

Movies I've watched these days:

Remember that great movie "Air" about Nike and Michael Jordan?

Well, Jerry Seinfeld's new movie "Unfrosted" about the origin of Pop Tarts is the opposite. Absolutely unwatchable. Rated a 0 on my pee break scale, because I bailed on it way before nature called. Brainless farce.

To cleanse my movie palate, I've re-watched:

"In Harm's Way". John Wayne at his greatest.

"12 O'Clock High". Covers same daylight precision bombing on Nazi Germany as "Masters of the Air", but was such a good movie it was used in the Air Force's professional military education program for many years for the leadership lessons it taught.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041996/

"Fail Safe". Accidental nuclear war possible?

"Seven Days in May". A military coup possible?

Oh, and I'm also binging every episode of "FantomWorks".
Where did you find Fail Safe? I’ve always heard about it but have never seen it.

tcudoc

I’ve been watching Sugar on Apple. The latest episode dropped a bomb that takes it completely into a genre that I literally never watch. Debating on whether to stay with it.
I won’t do any spoilers, but I literally told my wife, “Well, I’m out!!”