• The KillerFrogs

When They Add the Suites and Club Seats to the East Side

Realtorfrog

Stadium looked full on tv...... traveling so had to watch on phone.

CDC didn't come out and say east side is soon but he basically did at the luncheon

SuperBarrFrog

Honestly I don't think there's a single thing they can do, short of building a club with tinted windows beginning on row 1 behind the visitor bench. The angle of the sun will always bake the east side.

Just gotta pray for more night games or cool fronts
article-1300967207614-0b51086100000578-330784_636x336.jpg

Brog

Stadium looked full on tv...... traveling so had to watch on phone.

CDC didn't come out and say east side is soon but he basically did at the luncheon

And early in the game, the stadium WAS pretty full....but after an hour or two, that heat was unbearable. I got to my car very soon after the game ended, and the car showed it as being 99 outside.

Wexahu

Thankfully, it's usually only a major factor for one game a year, as long as one of the September games is a 7:00 start. It is almost unbearable for anyone who isn't a masochist.

We should be in the clear the rest of the year assuming some heat wave doesn't roll through in October.

Dogfrog

All of which is why I gave up my 50 yd line seats on the east side for upper deck west side a couple years ago. We had sun at our backs yesterday but pretty much shade for second half. If I am desperate for A/C and liquor I'll stay home or go to Fred's.

LeagueCityFrog

Two things. The name of the game is winning and a 2:30pm game in September has to also be awful for an opposing team. You rarely see TCU players dropping to the ground due to cramping. Rewatch the Arkansas game and watch Hog after Hog drop to the ground. Frogs didn't drop and I was at the game and it was as hot there last weekend.

Two, maybe TCU can have the engineers on the upgraded East side give the new configuration a little lip that could provide a little shade to help. They could also look at the outdoor A/C systems Joe T Garcia's had cranking last night outside on the patio for the August to early October games. If Joe T's can do that, why not TCU?

NavyFrog

Honestly I don't think there's a single thing they can do, short of building a club with tinted windows beginning on row 1 behind the visitor bench. The angle of the sun will always bake the east side.

Just gotta pray for more night games or cool fronts

What SnoSki says. You can build all you want on the east side it isn't going to change a thing. Want shade on the east side? Build another deck on the west side or build a roof.

Wexahu

Probably making too big an issue over this, not much that can be done. Our next mid-September home game day at ACS is 2019 at the earliest. Besides, it was 8-10 degrees above normal yesterday too, just bad luck. Had it been 85 instead of 95 it would have been uncomfortable but not completely miserable.

Nick Danger

I seem to recall something about the east side expansion utilizing a cantilevered second deck to provide the suites and club section. Won't that provide somewhat of a shaded area, depending on how far out it extends . . . or is that no longer being considered?

5924224454_d75ceffb0b_z.jpg

Last edited:

Dogfrog

Probably making too big an issue over this, not much that can be done. Our next mid-September home game day at ACS is 2019 at the earliest. Besides, it was 8-10 degrees above normal yesterday too, just bad luck. Had it been 85 instead of 95 it would have been uncomfortable but not completely miserable.

You are omitting the openers with FCS teams that are TBA.

Salfrog

Tier 1
I seem to recall something about the east side expansion utilizing a cantilevered second deck to provide the suites and club section. Won't that provide somewhat of a shaded area, depending on how far out it extends . . . or is that no longer being considered?

5924224454_d75ceffb0b_z.jpg

That would be if they added a upper deck. I don't believe the suites are adding another deck.