• The KillerFrogs

what is a good seat in the Amon Carter

Frogenstein

My baseball seats are at field level but I have checked out the upper deck and there are some great views up there. Not to mention on a hot day you get a much better breeze than down below.

tcumaniac

Coming accross as to good to sit in the nose bleeds is what your doing. Not good when you have your handsome face plastered all over this thing.

Those aren't my intentions, and I certainly don't think that.

However, I don't like how people continue to say that every seat in the new stadium is going to be great. I think my frustration is felt for people like my dad. He has been a loyal fan since he graduated in the 80s having season tickets for almost 30 years. Like a lot of members on here, he has stuck it out through hard times and very low points of TCU football, not missing a home game since he graduated. Times are hard economically, especially when you have to put 3 kids through college. Most people in his situation naturally can't afford to shell out the BIG TIME bucks in order to maintain the seats he's had for 30 years.

Loyal fans are getting kicked out of their hard earned seats and then being put in the upper deck or endzone, and Del Conte continues to say "Don't worry loyal fans! There's not going to be a bad seat in the house! Your endzone seat will be great!!" which I think is a load of [Craig James].

cdsfrog

Those aren't my intentions, and I certainly don't think that.

However, I don't like how people continue to say that every seat in the new stadium is going to be great. I think my frustration is felt for people like my dad. He has been a loyal fan since he graduated in the 80s having season tickets for almost 30 years. Like a lot of members on here, he has stuck it out through hard times and very low points of TCU football, not missing a home game since he graduated. Times are hard economically, especially when you have to put 3 kids through college. Most people in his situation naturally can't afford to shell out the BIG TIME bucks in order to maintain the seats he's had for 30 years.

Loyal fans are getting kicked out of their hard earned seats and then being put in the upper deck or endzone, and Del Conte continues to say "Don't worry loyal fans! There's not going to be a bad seat in the house! Your endzone seat will be great!!" which I think is a load of [Craig James].

If one was a season ticket holder since 80s and paid a whopping $100 a year for frog club they would be ranked in the top 1000

jake102

ranking is not the problem... it's the pricing of the seats

On one hand that's the way big football goes with high priced seats, and on the other hand it would be nice to at least give a couple seats at a reduced price to people who have had season tickets since the 80's.

I'm pretty split on that one.

cdsfrog

ranking is not the problem... it's the pricing of the seats

Price is based on demand. All of TCU's seats were dirt cheap when they sucked. Now they do not and have a rebuilt an amazing stadium 50 yard line seats cant be had for $30 a game...... not gonna lie that should be expected.

tcumaniac

I certainly understand what you're getting at and I completely agree... The pricing of tickets obviously needs to go up as TCU continues to put a better product on the field and as demand increases...

However, I personally think TCU may have outpriced a large portion of it's fan base. Maybe I'm completely wrong. But TCU won't be a powerhouse forever. What happens after this streak of excellence is finally over? The Big Money band wagon fans no longer buy tickets because TCU football has lost its appeal. The once loyal fans are still bitter because they feel they were mistreated and they may no longer buy tickets anymore either.

However, I think the chances of this happening have significantly decreased with our move to the BIG 12. If we had stayed in the Big East playing teams that don't provide regional interest, I see this situation being a lot more likely. The Big 12 may save TCU, because everyone still wants to see big name schools like Texas and OU come to town whether TCU is good or not.

Maybe for people in my dad's situation it just sucks to suck. But I think we could possibly see some negative repercussions from this high pricing later down the road. Only time will tell

cdsfrog

I certainly understand what you're getting at and I completely agree... The pricing of tickets obviously needs to go up as TCU continues to put a better product on the field and as demand increases...

However, I personally think TCU may have outpriced a large portion of it's fan base. Maybe I'm completely wron
g. But TCU won't be a powerhouse forever. What happens after this streak of excellence is finally over? The Big Money band wagon fans no longer buy tickets because TCU football has lost its appeal. The once loyal fans are still bitter because they feel they were mistreated and they may no longer buy tickets anymore either.

However, I think the chances of this happening have significantly decreased with our move to the BIG 12. If we had stayed in the Big East playing teams that don't provide regional interest, I see this situation being a lot more likely. The Big 12 may save TCU, because everyone still wants to see big name schools like Texas and OU come to town whether TCU is good or not.

Maybe for people in my dad's situation it just sucks to suck. But I think we could possibly see some negative repercussions from this high pricing later down the road. Only time will tell

I get that you feel this way because of your connection with your dad but think about the fan base for TCU.....and realize season tickets next year will have increased by 100% in 3 years. Whatever fans TCU lost, it was a massive net gain.

Plenty of cheap seats will still be had, including upper deck outside the 35 yard line.
30 yard line upperdeck for dirt cheap to watch TCU is still one hell of a deal.

frogtwang

I get that you feel this way because of your connection with your dad but think about the fan base for TCU.....and realize season tickets next year will have increased by 100% in 3 years. Whatever fans TCU lost, it was a massive net gain.
It was a gain because the product is good. Sales won't be that good if the product is bad.

Limp Lizard

Silly to criticize someone for what kind of seats they like. Some actually prefer endzone seats. Some like sitting low, some high.

For instance, I would rather sit at the top of the upper deck than anywhere in the lower bowl. But that is me. I'm not making anyone sit where they are unhappy. Limited available seats do that. The only way to have anywhere to sit is to have an empty stadium due to a bad team. Been there, done that.

I am looking forward to our shiny "new" stadium next year!

BoydAveFrogFan

What if the new stadium was built else where on campus, how would the long time season tickets holders feel about the new seat assignments. Would they still think they had a right to a similar seat location they had in the old sstadium?

How do we know what the new seats will cost? At this point, all we know about is the club seats. I don't even really know what they cost, except that some cost up to $2,500 per seat just to get the privilege of buying them. are the people that already have club seats going to be in line to buy more regular seats before current season ticket holders that did not buy club seats? I would think the vast majority have spent enough already that they will not buy more even if given the opportunity. We have certainly welcomed anybody to buy as many as they wanted in the past. We needed all of the help we could get. If we get all of the sell-outs that some are expecting, prices will likely go up next year.

BoydAveFrogFan

How do we know what the new seats will cost? At this point, all we know about is the club seats. I don't even really know what they cost, except that some cost up to $2,500 per seat just to get the privilege of buying them. are the people that already have club seats going to be in line to buy more regular seats before current season ticket holders that did not buy club seats? I would think the vast majority have spent enough already that they will not buy more even if given the opportunity. We have certainly welcomed anybody to buy as many as they wanted in the past. We needed all of the help we could get. If we get all of the sell-outs that some are expecting, prices will likely go up next year.

I think many on here think the big donors are going to buy up all the seats which just isn't going to happen. What I have learned early on in my life is those with wealth don't spend their monies foolishly. They prefer their money make them money so maybe these big donors are really in the ticket broker business.