• The KillerFrogs

what is a good seat in the Amon Carter

BoydAveFrogFan

It seems everyone is so worried about having a great seat next year. Through the years I have moved around the old stadium and have sat in many areas.

When I first attended sitting in U section with friends was a great, even in the rain, 100 degrees, freezing cold because I was at a TCU game.

When my daughter was younger the SE goal line was preferred as she liked watching the cheerleaders, I didn't much object.

When she grew up and walked around with friends I moved to the west side as I had a newborn and wanted the comfort of protection from the elements.

When my son aged and became more interested in the game I moved to north endzone because he liked trying to catch the fieldgoal/extra points. This is where I am currently.

I come to realize all seats are good when you share the experience with family and friends.

rifram09

It seems everyone is so worried about having a great seat next year. Through the years I have moved around the old stadium and have sat in many areas.

When I first attended sitting in U section with friends was a great, even in the rain, 100 degrees, freezing cold because I was at a TCU game.

When my daughter was younger the SE goal line was preferred as she liked watching the cheerleaders, I didn't much object.

When she grew up and walked around with friends I moved to the west side as I had a newborn and wanted the comfort of protection from the elements.

When my son aged and became more interested in the game I moved to north endzone because he liked trying to catch the fieldgoal/extra points. This is where I am currently.

I come to realize all seats are good when you share the experience with family and friends.

+1. Mrs. Rifram09 and I are starting our own family of frogs currently. Look forward to many seasons of Frog Football in the new AGC, regardless of our seats.

HFrog1999

I sit in the NEZ now. I can't follow the game there. I'm looking forward to the west side next year. I have set all over the stadium as well. I doubt my seats will ever be as good as mine for the previous five seasons were.

tcumaniac

cute story bro... hopefully there's a lot of people like you that don't mind the corner of the nose bleed section.

I'll take lower bowl 50 yard line seats

Frog79

I agree with the OP. I am totally pumped with the club seats we will have next year on the 40-45 yard line but, honestly, I loved sitting near the south goal line in sec. C for the last 27 years. I hated to see my old seat demolished last year but I'd be lying if I said that I don't look forward to the club seats next year.

TCUdirtbag

As an East Sider, I'm really not too worried. Should have a nice selection even with only about 21 priority points. The West Side will fill first, I'm sure.

Burner1

Tier 1
Having sat on the upper deck, both about 30 and 50 yard lines, and then this year in the north end zone, I say that the position of the seat influences your enjoyment of the game a lot. Like HFrog, I have trouble following the game from the end zone perspective. And I come to watch the game.

I hope the club seaters don't buy all the good upper deck seats to sell to Longhorns and Sooners. Leave some for us loyal but unmoneyed Frog fans.

HFrog1999

Having sat on the upper deck, both about 30 and 50 yard lines, and then this year in the north end zone, I say that the position of the seat influences your enjoyment of the game a lot. Like HFrog, I have trouble following the game from the end zone perspective. And I come to watch the game.

I hope the club seaters don't buy all the good upper deck seats to sell to Longhorns and Sooners. Leave some for us loyal but unmoneyed Frog fans.
Occupy The Carter!!!

Limp Lizard

Like beauty, good seats are in the eye of the beholder. I do not like sitting in the end zone at all, but some do. I like to sit fairly high up on the sides, as close to the 50 as I can get/afford. To me the Club Seats (which I bought for next year) are barely high enough. For the money, I think the lower section of the upper deck, inside the 30's will be great seats.

But every stadium, unless it is tiny, has some seats that are far away. You can't have all the seats inside the 40's and no more than 50 feet above the playing field, unless you want a 5K stadium. No matter where you go, you have less desirable seats....some college stadiums have over half the seats outside the endzone. Mrs. Lizard and I have sat down low on the side twice (Weedeater and Rose Bowls) and could not see very well. But the Rose Bowl was still great due to the overall atmosphere. If having to choose goal line top of upper deck vs 50 yard line lower bowl in the first 15 rows, give me the upper deck. I like to see what is happening. I can always bring binoculars.

The best seat for you is the one you like best that you can afford.

BoydAveFrogFan

cute story bro... hopefully there's a lot of people like you that don't mind the corner of the nose bleed section.

I'll take lower bowl 50 yard line seats

There isn't a nose bleed seat in the stadium. Our top row would be in the middle compared to the likes of 90k seat stadiums.

Bottom line is I will take what I can afford (6 seats) and will be happy being at the game. One day you will be detached from your mama's [ teat ] and will beg for so called nosebleed seats.

tcumaniac

There isn't a nose bleed seat in the stadium. Our top row would be in the middle compared to the likes of 90k seat stadiums.

Do you really, sincerely think that? Have you been to any other stadiums before? Ours is one of the highest in the country.

wacko.gif

cdsfrog

Worst part about. In crappy games you could see a ton of empty seats in duplicate purchases by club seat holders. We will sell a lot of tickets next year but have some empty seats almost every game.

Leaping Lizard

Nice!

As a new season ticket holder next year I was hoping for something between the 20's anyways nose bleed ok.