• The KillerFrogs

what is a good seat in the Amon Carter

BoydAveFrogFan

Do you really, sincerely think that? Have you been to any other stadiums before? Ours is one of the highest in the country.

wacko.gif

Wrong, LSU, Kyle Field, UT, Michigan, Wisconsin, Alabama, and the list goes on.

tcumaniac

Wrong, LSU, Kyle Field, UT, Michigan, Wisconsin, Alabama, and the list goes on.
Wait..ummm... What is the exact point of this list? I can list big football stadiums too.... But which one of those stadiums applies to your "Our top row would be in the middle compared to the likes of 90k seat stadiums."

I'll ask you again... Have you ever been to another stadium? Our west side could possibly be twice the height of Michigan's since its a bowl. 90K doesn't mean the stadium is twice as high.

I sat in the 3rd deck at an A&M game and it's not much higher if any than the upper deck of the ACS.

Nice try though

WIN

Back in the 70's you could sit in almost any seat. Standing in the endzone has always been a favorite with me. Glad to see the new stadium will allow standing all around. By the way, I like sitting with the op.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Worst part about. In crappy games you could see a ton of empty seats in duplicate purchases by club seat holders. We will sell a lot of tickets next year but have some empty seats almost every game.

It seems there are some bad seats. Personally, I don't want a seat next to someone who performs some fan purity test to everyone he comes in contact with, from criticizing the length of time one stands, to nit-picking over the form of one's frog hand sign. Personally, I'd like to enjoy my frog games in peace, secure in my fanhood exhibited through multi-generation frog roots, frog club and frog foundation donations, and season tickets. I might even take an uncomfortable companion to a cooler location if the temperature and blow-out nature of the day counsel in favor of it. Quite literally, a fair-weather fan.

cdsfrog

It seems there are some bad seats. Personally, I don't want a seat next to someone who performs some fan purity test to everyone he comes in contact with, from criticizing the length of time one stands, to nit-picking over the form of one's frog hand sign. Personally, I'd like to enjoy my frog games in peace, secure in my fanhood exhibited through multi-generation frog roots, frog club and frog foundation donations, and season tickets. I might even take an uncomfortable companion to a cooler location if the temperature and blow-out nature of the day counsel in favor of it. Quite literally, a fair-weather fan.

There are definitely seats that provide little enjoyment. I could care less about purity, there is just no reason to allow a person to buy 12 seats, 6 of which are in a totally different section. That is guaranteed to create empty seats. People that contribute to frog club, buy season tickets for all sports, and donate to TCU are just as devoted to TCU and thats all I care about. However, the timing sucks for younger alumni as I am doing all of those but my points wont be high enough to get good seats (unless I get lucky) until they make changes again.

PurplePainD

There are definitely seats that provide little enjoyment. I could care less about purity, there is just no reason to allow a person to buy 12 seats, 6 of which are in a totally different section. That is guaranteed to create empty seats. People that contribute to frog club, buy season tickets for all sports, and donate to TCU are just as devoted to TCU and thats all I care about. However, the timing sucks for younger alumni as I am doing all of those but my points wont be high enough to get good seats (unless I get lucky) until they make changes again.

Good post; unfortunately, welcome to the real world. As a young alumn, I had easy access to decent season tix (north 10 yd line), however, for 16 years I bought season tix for a poor, then average, then emerging team with foes from WAC, CUSA and MWC who were horrible teams. I enjoyed every minute of it, but it would be cool to be young student/alum now and know nothing but conference championships, BCS games, etc.

BoydAveFrogFan

Do you really, sincerely think that? Have you been to any other stadiums before? Ours is one of the highest in the country.

wacko.gif
Yes I have been to many stadiums. Even though ours is tall vertically our top row has a closer line of site than others that spread out in a lesser degree. Go revisit geometry while you are enrolled at TCU.

tcumaniac

Yes I have been to many stadiums. Even though ours is tall vertically our top row has a closer line of site than others that spread out in a lesser degree. Go revisit geometry while you are enrolled at TCU.

You didn't graduate from TCU did you?

The term "Nose bleed section" refers height, not line of site. Your original argument referred to height, not line of site. Shall I remind you what you originally said?

"Our top row would be in the middle compared to the likes of 90k seat stadiums."

You were inferring that big stadiums were twice the height of our west side. Then you get called out for being way off base and you then try to completely change your argument. Nope. Not going to work. Of course a bowl type stadium is horizontally further away from the field than a decked stadium , but that has nothing to do with what we were talking about Mr. "Revisit Geometry."

cdsfrog

Good post; unfortunately, welcome to the real world. As a young alumn, I had easy access to decent season tix (north 10 yd line), however, for 16 years I bought season tix for a poor, then average, then emerging team with foes from WAC, CUSA and MWC who were horrible teams. I enjoyed every minute of it, but it would be cool to be young student/alum now and know nothing but conference championships, BCS games, etc.

Very true. There have been talks of additional expansion or additional club seats on the east side. Hopefully that comes to fruition at some point as my ranking should go up a lot (ranked really low) in 5 years. I will get seats regardless of what section I can get.

It's not all bad. I love the upper level seats for baseball. I set right behind home plate next to the camera guy..lol

BoydAveFrogFan

You didn't graduate from TCU did you?

Nope but I have been a season ticket holder for baseball, football, attend rugby and swim meets. Donate to the frog club, capital improvement and education fund. Have a family community membership to the rec center.

The term "Nose bleed section" refers height, not line of site. Your original argument referred to height, not line of site. Shall I remind you what you originally said?

Actually Nosebleed section refers to the top rows of a sporting venue. So I guess I was wrong saying we didn't have a nosebleed section. Even pascal high school bleachers 15 rows in all has a nosebleed section.

"Our top row would be in the middle compared to the likes of 90k seat stadiums."

You were inferring that big stadiums were twice the height of our west side. Then you get called out for being way off base and you then try to completely change your argument. Nope. Not going to work. Of course a bowl type stadium is horizontally further away from the field than a decked stadium , but that has nothing to do with what we were talking about Mr. "Revisit Geometry."

Be happy you have 50 yard line seats in the student section because there will come a day you will be lucky enough to afford SRO.

BoydAveFrogFan

That was harsh.

Dont see why that is harsh. Think about how expensive tickets are becoming. I am fortunate to have a family pack of 4 tickets. What I pay for 4 is equal to 1 season ticket on west side.

If maniac is a sophomore, in 2 years when he graduates what do you think season tickets will cost each. I don't think family packs will be available at a reasonable price in the near future.

I also don't think he will be able to afford the coveted 50 yard line even if his seats are in the nosebleed section. They won't even be available for him to pick unless he starts buying now.