• The KillerFrogs

Week 1 --- Other Games Thread

Travis Trucks

Road Trip Frog said:
OSU plays one ranked team all year and Herbstreit says that is enough. Where was that analysis in 2009 and 2010?

Exactly what I was thinking...

"if you dominate your schedule who cares how bad it is?"

ifrog

Get Your Frogs Up said:
Ohio State can only play the schedule they're given. It's not their fault and they shouldn't be punished for it.
Unless you are being sarcastic you completely missed the point.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Guys, don't get worked up. TCU is getting plenty of love. And it really doesn't matter what people say.

Because of last year's great team, and GMFP's class handling of the snub, and the demolition of Ole Miss, TCU started #2. That's great. That puts them in great position to contend later when the beauty pageant starts.

But it really doesn't matter what the pollsters or commentators say anymore. Starting anywhere in the top 10, all TCU has to do is win them all and we're in. Then they can say all they want, but the boys on the field will determine who is No. 1.

These are rare, beautiful times. Enjoy them, and don't get hung up on every imagined or real TCU slight.

netty2424

TCURiggs said:
I can't stop watching that Vine that I just posted... tears in my eyes. Dude looks like a fish sliding across ice on his way back down the ramp.
Wife's asleep and I'm quietly laughing to the point the bed is shaking. Funny boat.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
netty2424 said:
Wife's asleep and I'm quietly laughing to the point the bed is shaking. Funny boat.
Are you sure the bed is shaking because of your laughing? What exactly are you watching on that tablet?

texasrobster1997

Horned Eagle said:
Two comments from this game:

1) It's baffling that VT has been unable to stop the option all game long.  It's like they've never seen an option play before. I'm blown away by such poor scheming by Bud Foster.

2) I hope our guys are watching and taking notes because this is how you're supposed to close out a lesser opponent at their place.  Go for the jugular and don't stop until you've got it. 
Very different games. Remember Ohio state was LOSING at half. We had control of Minny the entire game. Virginia tech lost their QB and couldn't sustain drives. Apples and oranges...geesh. Wish people would stop faulting our win. Yes it could have been better but it was a solid road win

TCURiggs

Flying T said:
Herb just [Craig James] all over TCU.

Did he, though? When talking about his top four he listed six teams, and we were one of them. 

We didn't look fantastic in week one, but I'm guessing we'll still be ranked in the top five (probably 2-4). Some of you are way too sensitive. This is the last game in week one. Chill.