• The KillerFrogs

Trouble in Norman?

jake102

I guess that one is a judgement call but when I spoke to them, it didn't seem as though they were.

However, I think a lot of their reaction has come from the bashing he has taken on this site.

To be clear, I was not referencing the door kicking down thing, nor bashing Ross.

Scarface

However, I think a lot of their reaction has come from the bashing he has taken on this site.

Law Enforcement takes "making an arrest" seriously, so should Gary. An arrest means law enforcement determined they had "probable cause" on Ross Evans. Probable cause generally includes the element of "intent" to commit the crime.

I know their son took some abuse on national tv during the Boise State game from Casey Pachall and the announcers. That wasn't Gary's fault either.

One would have to admit, Ross missed a lot of extra points and bounced too many kickoffs out of bounds. It's never been about his field goal kicking really. Overall, he was a good college kicker and I've heard Gary brag about Ross being the all-time leading scorer in MWC history.

Gary and the other coaches, as well as the team, have enough public pressure on them. Maybe Ross Evan's parents should pull their son out of TCU for the other students' protection!

Go Horned Frogs!

FeistyFrog said:
Could we be witnessing the revival of 'Saint Darrell of Royal's'

infamous 1960's episode of "Meat on the Hoof"? Where players

who didn't measure up were subjected to a multitude of forces

to help persuade them to relinquish their scholarship.

:unsure:

Scarface

Could we be witnessing the revival of 'Saint Darrell of Royal's'

infamous 1960's episode of "Meat on the Hoof"? Where players

who didn't measure up were subjected to multitude of forces

to help persuade them to relinquish their scholarship.

:unsure:

You are reading my mind!

count_biffula

And if I came home and said that my coach was being mean to me because I was making poor off field choices and performing inconsistently on the field my dad would have said "good, it's about time".

I never offered up any of my many transgressions voluntarily to my parents. That would have resulted in more punishment. I'm old enough to be from the days of corporal punishment in schools(the good ol days). If you screwed up bad enough to get to see the 'board of education' at the vice principals office, he'd then call the coach who'd either then give you more licks and/or some sort running punishment. If you were lucky your parents wouldn't find out. If so, dad would then mete out the 3rd form of tough love. So if school admin., or coaches didn't think to let the folks know, I damn sure didn't offer it up to them.

Things were run in a much different way. The self-entitled mentality wasn't as prevalent.. And my dad also never would have said a word to the coaches about my playing time. You would have been heckled mercilessly by your teammates and coaches for being such a wussy if ones daddy ever pulled such a stunt.

Here goes a friend told me story.

A good friend of mine's daughter goes to OU and dates a member of the football team and she has told me things along the line of what that father said. There is a deep division within the team and many players have talked about leaving. There are two camps, from what I'm told, one believes the team isn't working hard enough and the coaches aren't emphazising it enough and the second believes the coaches don't care about the players and, therefore, a segment of players are not practicing very hard or well. This is all speculation that was passed to me and I don't know if any of it is true but if it is around to people that really have no stake in the program then it seems some of it must be true.

FROGDADDY

I am skeptical of the OU thing.

Remember when Shelby Ford was transfering out of TCU and one of his relatives said Schloss would never get TCU to Omaha and what a poor coach he was. Yep, we saw how that turned out.

Most likely just a few sour grapes at OU, nothing else.

Might have been the most selfish player to wear a TCU uniform in recent history.

dutchman

I am skeptical of the OU thing.

Remember when Shelby Ford was transfering out of TCU and one of his relatives said Schloss would never get TCU to Omaha and what a poor coach he was. Yep, we saw how that turned out.

Most likely just a few sour grapes at OU, nothing else.

True story--I heard it directly from his Dad

asleep003

My dad was at practices. If I wasn't doing what I was supposed to be doing or making the right choices... then I had no one to go complain to... and was more concerned what my Dad was going to do to me than any coach.

Cheers !

BelushiBob

I guess that one is a judgement call but when I spoke to them, it didn't seem as though they were.

They are adults and don't have to visit the site. But he got busted and they knew what to expect on KFC and came on here, that was volitional on thier part. Thats life, and would have played the same at any other school. Not fair for them to come on here and blame us for being us, and start "kicking" us around.

staypurple12

Problem #1 - Parents defending/accusing/whatever in the world of social media. Bad enough at the HS level...not to mention it is anonymous. We as a society no longer communicate face to face and wonder why relationship integrity from marriage on down is at an all time crisis.

Problem #2 - source of much of the concern at OU is a parent - The majority of parents can not objectively judge what is in the best interests of the program or their kid. Begins in peewee on to AAU and right through HS and now college.....News flash...the world is not fair. At what point do you cut the cord age 18, 22, 25, 45? Not to mention...you are not paying the bill anymore...the University gave your kid a scholly...playing time is not promised and neither is a professional career. If you are playing at a D1 school chances are you had a number of other people recruiting the heck out of you trying to get you to come to their place - so you had a choice.

Problem #3 - Anonymity.....no one is held accountable for throwing something into cyberspace whether it is accurate or not

Problem #4 - IF YOU GET ARRESTED OR SAY SOMETHING STUPID OR DO SOMETHING STUPID ON THE FIELD/COURT of PLAY...then expect to get hammerd by a large forum of anonymous fans or people who contribute a lot of $$$ to that program and thus feel entitled to an opinion.

Lone Frog

I know he's there son and they're probably very concerned with any legal issues he faces. However, when someone is a kicker for a football team and he gets arrested for kicking in apartment doors, it does open the door to some silly jokes.

I don't think what he did was that big of a deal, however, I do love the irony involved. I hope he has a good bowl game and a good career after TCU.

I agree with HFrog. What he did wasn't smart, but I've done dumber things than that. I certainly don't hold it against the guy.

I also appreciate all he's done in his career with the Frogs. Kickers, unfortunately, tend to get on the bad side of the fans faster than any other player, since they're expected to be perfect.

Latest posts