• The KillerFrogs

Trouble in Norman?

cdsfrog

And if I came home and said that my coach was being mean to me because I was making poor off field choices and performing inconsistently on the field my dad would have said "good, it's about time".

I think mine would have just laughed at me and said "sounds like you deserved it" :biggrin:

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
When I did stupid stuff as a teenager my dad's response was rarely wonderful nor encouraging.

I have spoken with Ross' parents and they are not happy with what he did. He is not happy with what he did and is disappointed with himself. He understands better than anyone that he let his team mates, the football program and TCU down.

His heart was in the right place but his mindset wasn't. That has happened to me and I would venture a guess that each and every one of us have let our heart and emotions override our brains, at one time or another in our lives.

So unless you have never sinned or done something stupid in your life, stop acting like judge and jury and get off his back. Or if you have never sinned, go ahead and cast that first stone. I'll stand out in the open so that you can hit me with it.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
And if I came home and said that my coach was being mean to me because I was making poor off field choices and performing inconsistently on the field my dad would have said "good, it's about time".

We are seeing more and more kids who quit or transfer if they don't like that a coach is making them work hard, or getting on them for their attitudes, lack of work.

HFrog1999

I see a lot of similarities between what is happening at OU & UT right now.

They're losing their minds, and we're reaping all the benefits!

ladies+night.gif

West Coast Johnny

I have spoken with Ross' parents and they are not happy with what he did. He is not happy with what he did and is disappointed with himself. He understands better than anyone that he let his team mates, the football program and TCU down.

His heart was in the right place but his mindset wasn't. That has happened to me and I would venture a guess that each and every one of us have let our heart and emotions override our brains, at one time or another in our lives.

So unless you have never sinned or done something stupid in your life, stop acting like judge and jury and get off his back. Or if you have never sinned, go ahead and cast that first stone. I'll stand out in the open so that you can hit me with it.
Geez, talk about making a mountain out of a mole-hill. The dude kicked a door down. No big deal, and isn't Ross 22 years old?

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Geez, talk about making a mountain out of a mole-hill. The dude kicked a door down. No big deal, and isn't Ross 22 years old?

Something like that but I am tired of people ragging on him so I stood up for the kid. If thats making a mountain out of a molehill, so be it.

oldscribe

It was a parent rather than a coach, but similar: At 13 I decided I would like to take up smoking....My father said, ``Well, you can....but where are you going to live?"

BABYFACE

I am skeptical of the OU thing.

Remember when Shelby Ford was transfering out of TCU and one of his relatives said Schloss would never get TCU to Omaha and what a poor coach he was. Yep, we saw how that turned out.

Most likely just a few sour grapes at OU, nothing else.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
No, I meant Ross's parents were the ones making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

I guess that one is a judgement call but when I spoke to them, it didn't seem as though they were.

However, I think a lot of their reaction has come from the bashing he has taken on this site.

HFrog1999

I guess that one is a judgement call but when I spoke to them, it didn't seem as though they were.

However, I think a lot of their reaction has come from the bashing he has taken on this site.

I know he's there son and they're probably very concerned with any legal issues he faces. However, when someone is a kicker for a football team and he gets arrested for kicking in apartment doors, it does open the door to some silly jokes.

I don't think what he did was that big of a deal, however, I do love the irony involved. I hope he has a good bowl game and a good career after TCU.

HFrog1999

Remember when Shelby Ford was transfering out of TCU and one of his relatives said Schloss would never get TCU to Omaha and what a poor coach he was. Yep, we saw how that turned out.

All sports teams from Pop Warner all the way up to the NFL have a few players who think their coach(es) are the most evil horrible people in the world.

BABYFACE

I think most posters gave Ross a pass. While most thought what he did wasn't smart, but understood that when we are young, we do stupid things at times.

I have done a few stupid things in my past.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog

If it was just the parent comment I would agree, however with the proliferation of transfers out (and some from players who had substantial PT or highly regarded) and with the comments coming from Trice and others you would have to start wondering if indeed there are big problems.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
I know he's there son and they're probably very concerned with any legal issues he faces. However, when someone is a kicker for a football team and he gets arrested for kicking in apartment doors, it does open the door to some silly jokes.

I don't think what he did was that big of a deal, however, I do love the irony involved. I hope he has a good bowl game and a good career after TCU.

I still giggle thinking about it.

WIN

He is lucky he did't get killed. A lot of people would be going for a gun is someone was kicking their door down.