• The KillerFrogs

The Spun: Shedeur Sanders Has Strong Message For TCU Ahead Of Season Opener

Eight

Actually JJ McCarthy does not make the top 5 of NFL prospects. Going by what I have seen Will Johnson, Donavon Edwards, Colston Loveland, Zak Zinter, and Kris Jenkins are higher rated NFL prospects.

JJ McCarthy is a great athlete who has the arm to make all of the throws. But he was in training wheels mode last year and for good reason. Until he is the reason for a victory, he is just another DivI athlete. He will have his shot as OSU is now quite focused on the task at hand. I expect a better showing and we will finally see their A game.

who besides you is talking about mccarthy?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
SS in the Colorado backfield.

Run Running GIF by The Weeknd

4 Oaks Frog

Actually JJ McCarthy does not make the top 5 of NFL prospects. Going by what I have seen Will Johnson, Donavon Edwards, Colston Loveland, Zak Zinter, and Kris Jenkins are higher rated NFL prospects.

JJ McCarthy is a great athlete who has the arm to make all of the throws. But he was in training wheels mode last year and for good reason. Until he is the reason for a victory, he is just another DivI athlete. He will have his shot as OSU is now quite focused on the task at hand. I expect a better showing and we will finally see their A game.
JJ McCarthy is a punk with at bad attitude…before and after. His bankrupt mouth writes checks that his punk ass can’t cash. He has a lot of growing up to do before he reaches elite status…

Skobuffs85

SS in the Colorado backfield.

Run Running GIF by The Weeknd
OC and Line coach both came from Kent State where they ran a very successful offense and actually scored points last year against Georgia. They brought a few guys from there so we have guys already familiar with the system. Either way, this will be the biggest line we’ve had in years. Our D line is more where the concern is. Teams will attack that because I think our secondary will be pretty good.

Eight

OC and Line coach both came from Kent State where they ran a very successful offense and actually scored points last year against Georgia. They brought a few guys from there so we have guys already familiar with the system. Either way, this will be the biggest line we’ve had in years. Our D line is more where the concern is. Teams will attack that because I think our secondary will be pretty good.

you say that as if scoring points against uga was hard last year, well, okay, it was for the frogs, but not as hard as stopping the dawgs, scheiss it.......can't wait for 2023 to start

hfhmilkman

What you've just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it.

Thank you! Lol. I’m excited to see what he can do for us because I think he’s got good potential. He’s probably the best QB prospect we’ve had in a long time. But agreed, he won’t have the benefit of the most talented team every week.
So you already forgotten about Sefo Liafau? If it were not for injuries he would have had a heck of a year.

82 Frog Fever

Idk,
The OL is big enough but the talent has to be in question. It looks like the LT & C will both be holdovers with Lichtenhan & Wells.
One of the tackles & one of the guards would have to be Kent St transfers Washington & Bailey. I’m sure they have improved, but combined, the had a total of 4 MAC offers coming out of HS & both graded at 80.
Tyler Brown would be the 5th & he is very respectable.

However, the P5 level depth behind these guys is nearly non-existent.
Can they hold up in the 2nd half with no depth at 90+ degrees?

The Defense is worse. Good secondary and backers, but the pass rush looks very bad. Again, there is no respectable depth here and this defense will be on the field 40 minutes a game.

Deion has done a good job turning over the roster, they should be much improved,
but it’s still gonna be 3 to 5 years before CU is a mid level player in the B12.

Cirko

Idk,
The OL is big enough but the talent has to be in question. It looks like the LT & C will both be holdovers with Lichtenhan & Wells.
One of the tackles & one of the guards would have to be Kent St transfers Washington & Bailey. I’m sure they have improved, but combined, the had a total of 4 MAC offers coming out of HS & both graded at 80.

The Defense is worse. Good secondary and backers, but the pass rush looks very bad. Again, there is no respectable depth here and this defense will be on the field 40 minutes a game.

Deion has done a good job turning over the roster, they should be much improved,
but it’s still gonna be 3 to 5 years before CU is a mid level player in the B12.
Why so long? In 3-5 years it is possible to improve a lot. I think 1-2 years will pass and we will see an improvement.

Skobuffs85

Idk,

Yes, depth is an issue, nothing we can do about that though. There are some kids they would have preferred stayed but they didn’t. Either way, it’s still a much better roster than the ones we’ve seen in years.

3-5 years? 3 tops. He’s going to be very aggressive in building a roster. Also his recruiting has a very good chance of leading the conference every single year. Yes, I’m biased, obviously. But his ability to recruit to a 1 win team is insane. We just lost out on Lester to FSU, a 5 star DB. Colorado had no business being in that conversation with FSU, Alabama and Georgia. I have no reason to believe he won’t keep this up and start landing even more kids if he turns the ship around. We already have the #1 WR in the country next year committed.

hfhmilkman

Yes, depth is an issue, nothing we can do about that though. There are some kids they would have preferred stayed but they didn’t. Either way, it’s still a much better roster than the ones we’ve seen in years.

3-5 years? 3 tops. He’s going to be very aggressive in building a roster. Also his recruiting has a very good chance of leading the conference every single year. Yes, I’m biased, obviously. But his ability to recruit to a 1 win team is insane. We just lost out on Lester to FSU, a 5 star DB. Colorado had no business being in that conversation with FSU, Alabama and Georgia. I have no reason to believe he won’t keep this up and start landing even more kids if he turns the ship around. We already have the #1 WR in the country next year committed.
The bigger question comes down to Sanders agenda. Is he going to stay or pull a Mel Tucker? That is the other side of the sword when you bring in that type of guy. Is Colorado the following destination or a stepping stone? If Sanders is a great college coach, it will not matter. I am of the opinion that great coaches leave a legacy that can sustain itself. I knew that Brian Kelly and Urban Meyer were going to be great college coaches at ND and OSU because Bowling Green, CMU, Cinnci, and Utah sustained after they left. Brady Hoke was a fake because Ball State and SD State obliterated after he left.

I will say the best thing that ever happened to Colorado was Mel Tucker bolting. Now he is someone else's problem.

Skobuffs85

The bigger question comes down to Sanders agenda. Is he going to stay or pull a Mel Tucker? That is the other side of the sword when you bring in that type of guy. Is Colorado the following destination or a stepping stone? If Sanders is a great college coach, it will not matter. I am of the opinion that great coaches leave a legacy that can sustain itself. I knew that Brian Kelly and Urban Meyer were going to be great college coaches at ND and OSU because Bowling Green, CMU, Cinnci, and Utah sustained after they left. Brady Hoke was a fake because Ball State and SD State obliterated after he left.

I will say the best thing that ever happened to Colorado was Mel Tucker bolting. Now he is someone else's problem.
Mel Tucker is a snake, man that guys pisses me off. Quitting a job is one thing but the way he went about it was ridiculous. I remember listening to him on the radio at like 3-4PM the day it was announced he was leaving talking about how much he loves Colorado and wasn’t going anywhere. Then he goes to a fundraising event that night with boosters and lies to their faces. Immediately after he hops on a plane, records a video saying, " I’m out!” He refused the AD’s request that he tell the student athletes themselves he was leaving. Just abysmal behavior and not how a college coach should handle players he recruited. Most kids can accept things if you tell it to their faces, but to do it that way is just flat out wrong.

In regards to Sanders, I just don’t know. He says he loves Colorado and talks about how he envisions them getting to the CFP on his watch. I have to trust him at his word otherwise being a fan is just not fun. The biggest thing Sanders has done is he has forced change in Boulder, commitment to athletics again. Which we’ve seen under our new president; transfer change rules, paying a coach to change the game, changing conferences for more appeal nationally. I think, and I’m a homer saying this, I think that we won’t find ourselves in this position even if he leaves. Because I truly feel like that commitment will keep them from ever getting to that dark place ever again. The old presidents of the school would have never voted to leave the P12. That’s my hope as a fan, season ticket holder and an alum.

Eight

Mel Tucker is a snake, man that guys pisses me off. Quitting a job is one thing but the way he went about it was ridiculous. I remember listening to him on the radio at like 3-4PM the day it was announced he was leaving talking about how much he loves Colorado and wasn’t going anywhere. Then he goes to a fundraising event that night with boosters and lies to their faces. Immediately after he hops on a plane, records a video saying, “F ya Colorado, I’m out!” He refused the AD’s request that he tell the student athletes themselves he was leaving. Just abysmal behavior and not how a college coach should handle players he recruited. Most kids can accept things if you tell it to their faces, but to do it that way is just flat out wrong.

In regards to Sanders, I just don’t know. He says he loves Colorado and talks about how he envisions them getting to the CFP on his watch. I have to trust him at his word otherwise being a fan is just not fun. The biggest thing Sanders has done is he has forced change in Boulder, commitment to athletics again. Which we’ve seen under our new president; transfer change rules, paying a coach to change the game, changing conferences for more appeal nationally. I think, and I’m a homer saying this, I think that we won’t find ourselves in this position even if he leaves. Because I truly feel like that commitment will keep them from ever getting to that dark place ever again. The old presidents of the school would have never voted to leave the P12. That’s my hope as a fan, season ticket holder and an alum.

at least he didn't pull a tommy tuberville and leave for another job during a dinner