• The KillerFrogs

The Spun: Shedeur Sanders Has Strong Message For TCU Ahead Of Season Opener

Skobuffs85

A few things. I will try to not bore Mr Eight with my book. You made some statements that I don't believe are sound.

If someone succeeds at a certain level, it does not mean it translates to all levels. It just means you can handle that level of talent you are at. Minor league baseball is a perfect example. A lot of hitters can get by making the decision of just not swinging. This can work against minor league pitchers because they often are unable to find the strike zone. Then you get up to the Big Leagues and taking every pitch is a strike. Each step up in competition is a new hurdle. Until you hit the top, you rise to your level of mediocrity. Whether Sanders is a good Div1 QB is unknown. I mentioned this in another thread. I have a friend who was a very good baseball player. He was a star player in HS. However, at the next level when the fastball got over 90mph, he hit the wall. He just did not have the bat speed to handle. He could run and field. But it is over. Because the number one rule in baseball is you have to be able to hit the fastball, even if it has some movement.

Recruiting stars is a measure of NFL potential. Every year there are 20-25 QB prospects that get a 4 or 5 star rating. A small fraction of these players will even get drafted. Commenting or projecting a player who has never played a DivI snap and never gone through a combine is delusional. If Sanders is a Trey Lance clone and has insane physical measurements, that is another question and we can discuss in 2025. If SF is unable to make a SB run with the current team, they will rue the day they drafted the guy with the really deep radio voice but who freezes when on air.

If Sanders is reclassified to a four star, it means he has the physical capability to handle P5 Div1. That is all that it means. He has the prerequisites to make the throws and/or run away from the competition. QB at the NFL level is about processing pre-snap in the few seconds you have and processing in play. This is why so many 1st round QB prospects still bomb out. The statistics say Sanders will never get a sniff at a team, if I measure NFL stock on recruiting stars alone.
Look. He has all the tools and the ratings from high end recruiting services. He was a P5 QB as a recruit, he’s a P5 92 rating as a transfer. The only reason he went to Jackson State is because his dad, otherwise he would have been D1 and P5 for the last 2 years. So minimizing his numbers like he’s a G5 QB excelling is flat out wrong.

There is no “kool aid” involved in viewing all that and thinking he has the potential to be a good player. I would say that about him whether he was at Colorado or not, he has potential to be good. Could he fail? Yep. But it won’t be because he didn’t have all the tools to be a D1 QB, playing at JSU doesn’t change any of that.

Sorry but unless anyone has a scouting report that shows all his weaknesses and while he will fail you’re running your mouth with nothing to back it up. Not you personally, I’m talking more about the idiot. Either way, you’ll find out in about 5 weeks.

Eight

Look. He has all the tools and the ratings from high end recruiting services. He was a P5 QB as a recruit, he’s a P5 92 rating as a transfer. The only reason he went to Jackson State is because his dad, otherwise he would have been D1 and P5 for the last 2 years. So minimizing his numbers like he’s a G5 QB excelling is flat out wrong.

There is no “kool aid” involved in viewing all that and thinking he has the potential to be a good player. I would say that about him whether he was at Colorado or not, he has potential to be good. Could he fail? Yep. But it won’t be because he didn’t have all the tools to be a D1 QB, playing at JSU doesn’t change any of that.

Sorry but unless anyone has a scouting report that shows all his weaknesses and while he will fail you’re running your mouth with nothing to back it up. Not you personally, I’m talking more about the idiot. Either way, you’ll find out in about 5 weeks.

milkman won't, he is a blue bevo supporter/alum so he won't find out unless it is a bowl game in which case you will be ecstatic and he will be hoping ole' mr. khaki pants will have learned proper clock management

hfhmilkman

milkman won't, he is a blue bevo supporter/alum so he won't find out unless it is a bowl game in which case you will be ecstatic and he will be hoping ole' mr. khaki pants will have learned proper clock management
The quick search shows that Shedeur Sanders was rated an 88 by 247. He was the 37th best QB in his class. As a 21 year old transfer he is rated a 92. No one said SS was not a good player. The stats say he is a P5 athlete, no more, no less. And certainly a reach to be hyping a pro career in the NFL. This is a bird in the bush. I made ir nice and short for Mr Eight.

Last edited:

Eight

The quick search shows that Shedeur Sanders was rated an 88 by 247. He was the 37th best QB in his class. As a 21 year old transfer he is rated a 92. No one said SS was not a good player. The stats say he is a P5 athlete, no more, no less. And certainly a reach to be hyping a pro career in the NFL. This is a bird in the bush. I made a nice short for Mr Eight.

one paragraph and 81 "words"

mobius-cant-help-yourself.gif

hfhmilkman

one paragraph and 81 "words"

mobius-cant-help-yourself.gif

Ha!!! Mr Eight must be a senior VP. I make Power Point slides for them because they only understand pictures not words. And then they complain that there is more than one diagram in the slide. Can you simple it down?

Eight

Ha!!! Mr Eight must be a senior VP. I make Power Point slides for them because they only understand pictures not words. And then they complain that there is more than one diagram in the slide. Can you simple it down?

no, just a simple salesman who was raised by an engineering type who taught less is more

but frustrated when your torrent of words aren't appreciated, either human resources or mid-level actuary

Skobuffs85

The quick search shows that Shedeur Sanders was rated an 88 by 247. He was the 37th best QB in his class. As a 21 year old transfer he is rated a 92. No one said SS was not a good player. The stats say he is a P5 athlete, no more, no less. And certainly a reach to be hyping a pro career in the NFL. This is a bird in the bush. I made ir nice and short for Mr Eight.
Who said anything about a pro career? I said his recruiting profile mentioned he had the potential to be a mid round NFL draft prospect, i didn’t write the profile. I also said he was going to be a good QB for us and was told it’s kool aid because he decided to play for his dad instead. This is a stupid conversation.

hfhmilkman

no, just a simple salesman who was raised by an engineering type who taught less is more

but frustrated when your torrent of words aren't appreciated, either human resources or mid-level actuary
Actually I could have been an actuary. I passed the first test. Then I got interested in Physics and had dreams of working at a lab. That fell through because there a lot more really good physicists out there way better than me. Now I am a plain old network architect. But I am never frustrated writing prose in the era of twitter and pictures. Its just fun.

hfhmilkman

Who said anything about a pro career? I said his recruiting profile mentioned he had the potential to be a mid round NFL draft prospect, i didn’t write the profile. I also said he was going to be a good QB for us and was told it’s kool aid because he decided to play for his dad instead. This is a stupid conversation.
Someone good enough to be a mid round NFL prospect means that individual is an elite college QB. That means a Max Duggan or a Hendon Hooker. Yes I agree it is a stupid conversation to call someone good or even talk about their NFL potential before they played a single P5 game. SS is a bird in the bush. When he is in your hand, then we can talk.

Eight

Someone good enough to be a mid round NFL prospect means that individual is an elite college QB. That means a Max Duggan or a Hendon Hooker. Yes I agree it is a stupid conversation to call someone good or even talk about their NFL potential before they played a single P5 game. SS is a bird in the bush. When he is in your hand, then we can talk.

or , they could play quarterback for michigan's burnt orange twin and be considered a potential first round draft pick despite being average last year

hfhmilkman

or , they could play quarterback for michigan's burnt orange twin and be considered a potential first round draft pick despite being average last year
Actually JJ McCarthy does not make the top 5 of NFL prospects. Going by what I have seen Will Johnson, Donavon Edwards, Colston Loveland, Zak Zinter, and Kris Jenkins are higher rated NFL prospects.

JJ McCarthy is a great athlete who has the arm to make all of the throws. But he was in training wheels mode last year and for good reason. Until he is the reason for a victory, he is just another DivI athlete. He will have his shot as OSU is now quite focused on the task at hand. I expect a better showing and we will finally see their A game.

82 Frog Fever

You are wasting your time. Don’t bother defending against uninformed comments. Shedeur is obviously a very good QB. I don’t care if it was at the middle school level. 3,700 yds at a 70% completion rate with 40 TDs / 6 ints and a 160 QBR will get most people’s attention
However, I am interested to see him play on a team where he doesn’t have the advantage of superior weapons and supporting cast that is better than 90% of the teams he plays.
Because of that fact, he may be a somewhat over rated, but wont know until we see it.

82 Frog Fever

A few things. I will try to not bore Mr Eight with my book. You made some statements that I don't believe are sound.

If someone succeeds at a certain level, it does not mean it translates to all levels. It just means you can handle that level of talent you are at. Minor league baseball is a perfect example. A lot of hitters can get by making the decision of just not swinging. This can work against minor league pitchers because they often are unable to find the strike zone. Then you get up to the Big Leagues and taking every pitch is a strike. Each step up in competition is a new hurdle. Until you hit the top, you rise to your level of mediocrity. Whether Sanders is a good Div1 QB is unknown. I mentioned this in another thread. I have a friend who was a very good baseball player. He was a star player in HS. However, at the next level when the fastball got over 90mph, he hit the wall. He just did not have the bat speed to handle. He could run and field. But it is over. Because the number one rule in baseball is you have to be able to hit the fastball, even if it has some movement.

Recruiting stars is a measure of NFL potential. Every year there are 20-25 QB prospects that get a 4 or 5 star rating. A small fraction of these players will even get drafted. Commenting or projecting a player who has never played a DivI snap and never gone through a combine is delusional. If Sanders is a Trey Lance clone and has insane physical measurements, that is another question and we can discuss in 2025. If SF is unable to make a SB run with the current team, they will rue the day they drafted the guy with the really deep radio voice but who freezes when on air.

If Sanders is reclassified to a four star, it means he has the physical capability to handle P5 Div1. That is all that it means. He has the prerequisites to make the throws and/or run away from the competition. QB at the NFL level is about processing pre-snap in the few seconds you have and processing in play. This is why so many 1st round QB prospects still bomb out. The statistics say Sanders will never get a sniff at a team, if I measure NFL stock on recruiting stars alone.
What you've just written is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it.

Skobuffs85

You are wasting your time. Don’t bother defending against uninformed comments. Shedeur is obviously a very good QB. I don’t care if it was at the middle school level. 3,700 yds at a 70% completion rate with 40 TDs / 6 ints and a 160 QBR will get most people’s attention
However, I am interested to see him play on a team where he doesn’t have the advantage of superior weapons and supporting cast that is better than 90% of the teams he plays.
Because of that fact, he may be a somewhat over rated, but wont know until we see it.
Thank you! Lol. I’m excited to see what he can do for us because I think he’s got good potential. He’s probably the best QB prospect we’ve had in a long time. But agreed, he won’t have the benefit of the most talented team every week.