• The KillerFrogs

Texas Tech future

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Allegedly. Still not denied.
We shall never for get the 5

5.jpg

Chongo94

cJK5H was the excuse. Pirate was insufficiently deferential to Kent Hance and some other TTech big shots, and he expected to be paid like a successful major college coach. Those items got him fired.

This. And sadly too many Tech people failed to realize all the attention he brought was focused on him rather than the program itself. When he left so did a lot of the attention.

Yet you still see and hear comments from them about being "#2 in the nation at one point and one game away from playing for the national championship." Reality is lost among many it seems.

Ray Finkle

I agree they are mediocre. But in his defense, he did lose Mahomes early to the draft--and a first rounder at that. Their QB play was not good this year.

Now for the reasons KK should be gone--How do you let Mayfield get away? How do you let Cumbie leave to TCU? Both of these things should've never happened. Granted, we are a beneficiary but these are two major screw-ups that don't happen under good, competent coaches.

Chongo94

I wonder what caused him to say that? Did they want him to apologize to Craig James?

Yes. They wanted him to write a letter or "sign" a letter that formally apologized. So dumb. At the time, for whatever reason, a lot of Tech people loved Hance. I still don't know why. Always hated that he was an ambassador for Tech. Talk about down home hokey.

There's nothing wrong with that mind you, it's just he really brought nothing to Tech except for more money that seemed to go to athletics only or to help build a chapel on campus in his name. Then they'd put him on tv and it was brutal....like homer Pyle coming to visit.

Edit: I met him a few times while out there. Very nice guy, just told the same damn stories all the time, and too hokey for me. Also, shouldn't have forced the Leach issue but some of the board members were already looking for a way to fire Leach so there you go.